Restrictions for Ultras at BMO

quote:Originally posted by Trident

Glad to see BMO return the courtesy Stade Saputo did.

What do you care? You're not even going.

To the Montreal people, bring your flagpoles. Hell, I'll even bring them in for you with my south stand ticket.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

[}:)]Must not make gratuitous joke about Ultras stroking each others' poles[}:)]

Did I just say that out loud?

Nope.

You did type it, however. There was a reason I used the word "flagpoles" in my post.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

What do you care? You're not even going.

To the Montreal people, bring your flagpoles. Hell, I'll even bring them in for you with my south stand ticket.

It's easy to speak without knowing everything, Rudi.

And it's not the first time you've shown that.

It's easy to speak without knowing everything, Rudi.

And it's not the first time you've shown that.

I didn't "show" it this time either.

I distinctly remember Grizzly asking you if you were traveling to this game (after you made the "we will not drink with TFC fans, ever" statement on behalf of all MTL fans) and your reply was "only if you want to give me $140" or something to that effect.

Grizzly then asked you not to speak on behalf of all Montreal supporters, especially since you were not traveling. Daniel told you to lighten up.

If you've decided since then to travel, then fine, but as Cashcleaner said, you're not exactly denying my assertion that you're not going to Toronto for the game.

EDIT - Here it is:

http://thevoyageurs.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16348&whichpage=4

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

The only thing I will give you is some advice. If you are not going on the trip you shouldn't be telling those who are who we should or should not drink with.

I said U-Sector doesn't provoke. I can't speak for the rest of the south end, especially 114.

Given the crap that went last time, I can't guarantee the 'non-provocation' rule that is generally in place. Just being honest.

I sit at the top 105, and there are usually a group of drunken frat boys that sit right on the aisle between 104 and 105 do there best to provoke the opposing fans (unlikely they are associated with any supporters groups). Don't know if they'll be there tonight, a lot of the regulars in that section didn't seem to buy their tickets.

I'm not going to Toronto.

It's well known and understood.

I find Rudi answering with a "What do you Care?" to something he doesn't know the full story about funny.

I've travelled farther than the Usector did(excluding any who went to Vancouver), and that was to attend home games.

I find Rudi answering with a "What do you Care?" to something he doesn't know the full story about funny.

I've travelled farther than the Usector did(excluding any who went to Vancouver), and that was to attend home games.

So I was right then, you're not going to Toronto. I'm not even sure why you're arguing over this.

Good for you on traveling far to support your team, I can respect that, but it means nothing in this thread. I've traveled 2600 km in a three day span for TFC earlier this year, but that has no bearing on the discussion. Hell, the Vancouver boys have traveled much, much further, so neither of us should be boasting about this.

Stop trying to deflect the conversation with irrelevant stories. My assertion was that you tend to speak on behalf of all Montreal supporters, repeatedly, even when you're not traveling with them.

Obviously, I was correct.

So I was right then, you're not going to Toronto. I'm not even sure why you're arguing over this.

Obviously, I was correct.

Never tried to hide it. Whatever, this is insignificant, have fun at the game Rudi.

:)

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Mpenza has gotten a list of what we are allowed to bring into BMO for the match. The one I find strange is that we are not allowed to bring a megaphone. Are megaphones banned at BMO or is it just the away supporters who are not allowed to bring them? I was thinking of getting a megaphone to bring to Canada-Jamaica as well so what is BMO policy on megaphones? If they are allowed it doesn't seem fair nor completely legal to prevent away fans from bringing them.

We are allowed to bring banners/flags but no flag poles. I can understand the possibility of using poles as a weapon but it does suck not being able to wave a flag around. Again is this only a restriction for us or are the TFC supporter groups also not allowed to bring flag poles?

We haven't gotten any information on flares/smoke bombs though I am sure they would say they are not permitted. How does security react when flares or smokebombs are set off at BMO?

Here a link with a list of restricted items for BMO Field (From TFC website):

http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/stadium/prohibited_items/

By the way, it's good that they list "umbrella", because soccer mom at Saputo stadium always bring large Golf umbrella... That sucks a lot!

Archived