Restrictions for Ultras at BMO

Mpenza has gotten a list of what we are allowed to bring into BMO for the match. The one I find strange is that we are not allowed to bring a megaphone. Are megaphones banned at BMO or is it just the away supporters who are not allowed to bring them? I was thinking of getting a megaphone to bring to Canada-Jamaica as well so what is BMO policy on megaphones? If they are allowed it doesn't seem fair nor completely legal to prevent away fans from bringing them.

We are allowed to bring banners/flags but no flag poles. I can understand the possibility of using poles as a weapon but it does suck not being able to wave a flag around. Again is this only a restriction for us or are the TFC supporter groups also not allowed to bring flag poles?

We haven't gotten any information on flares/smoke bombs though I am sure they would say they are not permitted. How does security react when flares or smokebombs are set off at BMO?

Flares are a big nono (unfortunately). Smoke bombs they take it less seriously.

I think the reason you guys are being restricted Megaphones and flag poles is because the section you guys are in is not considered "supporter", and there will TFC fans around you.

I have seen traveling support bring flagpoles though, I don't know why you guys aren't allowed. I would just bring them anyways.

BMO Field/TFC has designated this game as 'high-risk' due to the crap that went on at Saputo the last time these two teams met.

As such, they are restricting what you guys can bring in, plus beefing up security around your section (and elsewhere). Other opposing supporters groups have been able to bring in flagpoles in section 104, though I don't know if they were restricted to a certain number. I don't know if other teams' supporters were ever allowed to bring megaphones, though.

Generally, flagpoles are only allowed in the south stand, along with section 127 (North End Elite).

I am not sure you need megaphones anyway. How many people are coming? 100 maybe?

Megaphones are essential when trying to get 500-1000 or more people in sync in a generally loud environment. But even if you have at most 200, I cant see how it would be hard to sing from the same song book so to speak.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Thanks for the info. Good to know we are "high-risk"!

You're not high-risk, the game as a whole is designated as such.

If it's any comfort to you, the TFC supporters groups will have to deal with a much higher police/security presence than you guys on Tuesday.

quote:Originally posted by theaub

What section are y'alls in?

I don't know. We don't have the game tickets yet and the ticket we have from the travel company doesn't state what section we are in. I never bothered to ask the organizer where we are sitting.

Edit: I see after posting this that Rudi says we will be in 104. I figured we wouldn't be put in 114.:)

Is the game sold out?

About 90% sold.

And yes, you'll be at the top of 104. All away fans are placed there, as far away from our supporters groups as possible.

I don't think you guys would want to be in 114 at BMO ;)

We probably don't need a megaphone for this trip but it seemed a strange thing to prohibit. I was also curious about the megaphone for the Canada game and whether I should buy one and bring it.

Someone might know the for sure answer, but I have seen megaphones confiscated in Victoria and Vancouver, and the reason given that FIFA does not allow megaphones at FIFA official matches. Whether that is true or not i'm not sure. It wouldn't be the first time security on the west coast is full of $#!T

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Why not? I thought you were the guy who said that TFC fans and U-sector don't provoke and only respond. Does that mean you're not going to invite us to the U-sector bar? ;)

Why not? I thought you were the guy who said that TFC fans and U-sector don't provoke and only respond. Does that mean you're not going to invite us to the U-sector bar? ;)

I said U-Sector doesn't provoke. I can't speak for the rest of the south end, especially 114.

Given the crap that went last time, I can't guarantee the 'non-provocation' rule that is generally in place. Just being honest.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

About 90% sold.

And yes, you'll be at the top of 104. All away fans are placed there, as far away from our supporters groups as possible.

actually, its closer to 95-96% sold out.

it's mostly only the Gucci row seats that are still available (east side and west side lower bowl, midfield)

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Saputo Stadium rules applied for the NCC match between Montreal and Vancouver, such as no flags on the holy blue fencing. So, I'd expect the same rules as MLS matches to apply for NCC matches at BMO.

As crappy as the rules are at Saputo at least the same rules applied to the home and away fans. BTW now that the Ultras are no longer pissing off Saputo by bringing banners telling him to fire his best friend as coach, the anti-banners rules has been relaxed even on the holy blue fence.

Archived