TV Coverage going forward

One of the reasons it may be televised is because of the hunger for such matches throughout latin america on the various latino cable networks. ESPN latina has been advertising that they are going to have the preliminary matches (which would hopefully include Argentina), but, as typical here in latinoland, there are few details available. Without such support (Nicaragua TV could not afford to put any money into it) it is doubtful it would be boadcast at all. They may show this delayed here in Argentina at an unusual time. I will just have to keep my eyes peeled and hope I can stumble onto it.

What this means is that some of you who can get ESPN latina or latina plus on satellite in Canada or elswhere might be able to get it live or delayed.

copied from Fox Soccer Channel (USA) website,

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/6396732

CONCACAF Champions League on Fox Soccer Channel 2008

Day Date Home Visitor Kickoff (ET)

Preliminary Round - 1st Leg

Tue. Aug. 26 Joe Public (TRI) N.E. Revolution (USA) 8:00 p.m.

Tue. Aug. 26 Tauro FC (PAN) Chivas USA 10:00 p.m.*

Wed. Aug. 27 Cruz Azul (MEX) Hankook Verdes (BLZ) 1:00 a.m.*

Wed. Aug. 27 Mon. Impact (CAN) Real Esteli (NCA) 8:00 p.m.

Wed. Aug. 27 Alajuelense (CRC) PR Islanders (PUR) 10:00 p.m.

Thu. Aug. 28 Harbour View (JAM) Pumas UNAM (MEX) 8:00 p.m.

Preliminary Round

Tue. Sep. 2 N.E. Revolution (USA) Joe Public (TRI) 8:00 p.m.

Tue. Sep. 2 Chivas USA Tauro FC (PAN) 10:00 p.m.

Wed. Sep. 3 Puerto Rico Islanders (PUR) Alajuelense (CRC) 11:00 p.m.*

Wed. Sep. 3 Hankook Verdes (BLZ) Cruz Azul (MEX) 1:00 a.m.*

Thu. Sep. 4 Pumas UNAM (MEX) Harbour View (JAM) 10:00 p.m.

* Delayed Broadcast. All other games LIVE. (Games & times subject to change)

---------

and delayed on Channel 619,Aug 28 3:00 AM

http://areyouwatchingthis.com/tv/programs/EP010752360012-CONCACAF-Champions-League-Soccer-Montreal-Impact-vs-Real-Esteli/10935988

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

That's pretty impressive that SRC will get TV cameras down to Nicaragua for this.

Remember the CRTC just gave CBC a new sports channel.. focussed on amateur sport.. ( with restrictions on the number of broadcasts of sports using a ball ). Part of the decision might be to gear up for the new network.. again it might just be Radio Canada making guys like Richard, Standtall and others in lotus land to tune in and raise the ratings .

Does anyone know if the game will be staggered in each time zone? I ask because I looked up the schedule online and changed it to BC time and the game still said 8:00pm.....

quote:Originally posted by JKCanada

Just announced today, both preliminary games will be on Radio-Canada.

http://www.montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=961&Focus=0

MONTREAL – The Montreal Impact and Radio-Canada Sports Service announced Friday that the two games of the home-and-away series in the CONCACAF Champions League against the Real Esteli FC, the Nicaraguan champion team, will be broadcast on Radio-Canada. The first game, which will be played on August 27 at Saputo Stadium, will be broadcast live at 8 pm and will be preceded by a 30-minute pre-game show. The return game of the series will be on a one-hour tape delayed basis on Tuesday, September 2, at 11 pm (Eastern time).

quote:Originally posted by Raven

Does anyone know if the game will be staggered in each time zone? I ask because I looked up the schedule online and changed it to BC time and the game still said 8:00pm.....

I know that they do that for the Impact USL games so it wouldn't surprise me if they do that for this game as well.

From CBC...

Montreal Impact faces Real Esteli

http://sports.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/news/contentposting.aspx?feedname=cbc-sports-v3&showbyline=true&newsitemid=soccer-concacaf-champions&pagenumber=2

The Montreal Impact will play its first match in the inaugural CONCACAF Champions League when it hosts Nicaraguan club Real Esteli on Wednesday at Saputo Stadium (8 p.m. ET, CBC-Bold, CBCSports.ca).

In 2006, organizers elected to expand what was formerly known as the CONCACAF Champions' Cup from eight club teams to 24 from a region that includes North America, Central America and the Caribbean.

The Impact and Real Esteli are among 16 teams from 13 different nations and territories participating in the preliminary stage of the tournament, which involves a home-and-away series that determines a winner using aggregate goals.

Montreal earned the right to serve as Canada's lone representative in the preliminary round by clinching the Nutrilite Canadian Championship on July 22, with a 1-1 tie against the Toronto FC.

The tie allowed Montreal to advance with seven points in the three-team tournament, compared to five points for Toronto FC and four for the Vancouver Whitecaps.

The Impact's berth in the tournament was considered somewhat of a surprise considering the stature of its opponent in the final game: Toronto FC plays in Major League Soccer, the top pro league in North America while Montreal competes in the United Soccer League First Division, one level below MLS.

But Impact head coach John Limniatis believes his team can continue to surprise in the tournament.

"If we stay disciplined defensively and capitalize on our offensive options, we will have success," Limniatis said on the team's official website. "We have respect towards them because they are here for the same reason we are.

"The first game is perhaps the most important because if you win, you put pressure on the other team during the second game."

Real Esteli punched its ticket to the Champions League in July with a 1-0 win over Walter Ferreti to conclude a home-and-away series on aggregate goals. The two teams tied 0-0 at Esteli's Independencia Stadium in the first game.

Montreal midfielder Patrick Leduc said on the team's website that he's expecting a similar brand of defensive soccer from the Nicaraguan side on Wednesday.

"If we play with the right intensity, we should have a good result," Leduc said. "We are expecting them to be a little more conservative and organized in front of their own net. We will have to put them under pressure and be aggressive to provoke things and finish off our scoring chances."

The second leg of the preliminary round, which will decide the eight teams moving on to the tournament's group stage, will be played next week.

Montreal and Real Esteli will square off in the second leg of the opening round next Tuesday at Carlos Miranda Stadium, in Comayagua, Honduras. The game won't be played in Nicaragua as no stadium was in line with the FIFA norms required for the tournament.

Eight teams have already clinched automatic berths in the group stage including the Houston Dynamo and D.C. United of the MLS.

Four groups of four teams will play in the group stage of the tournament beginning on Sept. 15. The Championship Round of the tournament will follow in February 2009 and will feature the top two teams from each group.

The eventual winner of the CONCACAF Champions League will move on to serve as the confederation's sole representative at the 2009 FIBA Club World Cup.

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

Guys, I may be wrong with this info. For this reason I need a confirmation. But according to LiveSoccerTV, they are reporting that English CBC will be airing the game live 10PM Toronto time. Let's remember that there is a 2-hours diffrence in Managua via Toronto.

http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/57696/montreal-impact-vs-nicaragua-real-esteli-fc/

http://www.radio-canada.ca/television/guide_horaire/TVG/index.asp?numerodiff=36907590&regiongh=1&numero=1697&date=2008-9-2&dateDuGh=2008-9-2

However, Bold has the game live at 8pm.

http://www.cbc.ca/bold/schedule.html

Archived