TV Coverage going forward

On the 2Gs Soccer Podcast on Thursday or Friday, they let it slip that Fox has secured the CCL TV rights.

I don't know what that means precisely. Did they buy the rights to show all the games or just those involving US based team? Time will tell.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

On the 2Gs Soccer Podcast on Thursday or Friday, they let it slip that Fox has secured the CCL TV rights.

I don't know what that means precisely. Did they buy the rights to show all the games or just those involving US based team? Time will tell.

They hold these right already. Or no? I watched some of these matches earlier this year on FSWC. Pachuca versus DC, if I am not mistaken, was on. I also caught the semi final games in past years on the same chanell.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

That may be for the United States, but not in Canada...FSWC has not had any rights for this tournament, nor have they even been in the running. CBC has the rights for the CONCACAF CL...it's there choice to air the matches themselves, put them on their digital station Bold or sell them to another Canadian broadcaster.

• 4 weeks later...

Just announced today, both preliminary games will be on Radio-Canada.

http://www.montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=961&Focus=0

MONTREAL – The Montreal Impact and Radio-Canada Sports Service announced Friday that the two games of the home-and-away series in the CONCACAF Champions League against the Real Esteli FC, the Nicaraguan champion team, will be broadcast on Radio-Canada. The first game, which will be played on August 27 at Saputo Stadium, will be broadcast live at 8 pm and will be preceded by a 30-minute pre-game show. The return game of the series will be on a one-hour tape delayed basis on Tuesday, September 2, at 11 pm (Eastern time).

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

That's pretty impressive that SRC will get TV cameras down to Nicaragua for this.

I would be surprised if SRC is sending their own crew for this. I would think they are picking up a feed from Honduras and having commentators in a studio. Good on them for doing this though.

quote:Originally posted by Norton

Looks like CBC is picking up these games -- On Bold live with a midnight replay on the main network. It scrolled across the screen during the Argentina-Nigeria gold medal match earlier.

To add to this cbc.ca is streaming the game in montreal at 8:00 EST, and the Nicaraguan game is listed as being 12:00 am LOC.

quote:Originally posted by Norton

Looks like CBC is picking up these games -- On Bold live with a midnight replay on the main network. It scrolled across the screen during the Argentina-Nigeria gold medal match earlier.

Any way to watch the away game live?

Archived