TFC reserves vs. Chicago Fire Reserves

VPjr

Nothing really significant about this game (TFC-R lost 3-0) except that I noticed TFC had Taylor Lord on its reserve roster and he played the 2nd half (subbing in for Ibrahim).

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080713&content_id=172406&vkey=pr_chf&fext=.jsp&team=t100

I thought Lord went to France (Monaco's youth team if memory serves).

I hadn't seen or read anything about him coming home but if he's getting a run out with TFC-R, I take it he's no longer with Monaco.

Anyone know anything?

but he would get paid for playing with the reserves, implying that he signed a short term (2-3 day) contract with TFC.

camps have started for many Euro clubs already. would that not apply to the U18's too.

Hi guys. Its Taylors Dad. I just saw your post.

Taylor returns to A S MONACO in a few weeks with his first preseason Training date of August 12th 2008. He was invited to play for TORONTO FC RESERVES for the Chicago game. They flew him to Chicago and played the game on the Sunday morning. He came on at half time and played all of the second half. Although he has been doing extensive fitness training, that was his first game since beginning of May, which is about the end of the European season. He said that he had fun with the guys and said that TFC were excellent to him from start to finish. Said that it is a very excellent organisation and he felt that it was such a priviledge to play with them. He was very grateful for the oppertunity. We can only say many thanks to TFC and it was great making his debut with the Toronto Team and as we have always said, if he ever gets the oppertunity, It would only be Canada that he would play for Nationally.

Best to you all and your families.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

but he would get paid for playing with the reserves, implying that he signed a short term (2-3 day) contract with TFC.

camps have started for many Euro clubs already. would that not apply to the U18's too.

I'm not sure players have to sign with TFC to play in the reserve games. Case in point are the CSL players who have auditioned playing for the reserves in the past, they're under contract with their CSL clubs already.

I'm pretty sure the season is a bit shorter for the youth players, as Mr. Lord seems to confirm.

BTW, good luck to Taylor in the upcoming season with Monaco.

Thankyou for your kind comments. Ive passed them on to Taylor. He is looking forward to going back to Europe and getting back into the thick of things. Hopefully he will be back in Canada toward the latter part of the year trying to get a spot on the under 20 National Team. It would be a Dream of his to put the Canadian Colours on and represent his Country.

Please feel free to contact me for updates at - adidascup73@hotmail.com

Archived