Frank Yallop Interview

jpg75

Yes, Yallop never, ever took any responsibility for the myriad of screw-ups he inflicted on our national team and always blamed others for his failures. Sure conditions were not ideal but you can make the best out of less than ideal conditions or the worst and he did the latter. Jpg, Yallop was always good with the media and a good interview but honest he is not. I really like the part where he takes credit for giving a chance to Julian De Guzman and Atiba Hutchinson, two guys who came through the U-20 and U-23 teams and who were brought into the senior team by Ossieck.

As much as I appreciate the interview, I wish you had asked him some tougher questions, JPG. Yallop has a lot to answer for to the fans of the national team and I would like to see what his responses were to some of the questions our less than probing soccer media never dared to ask.

quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

I was thinking this as well

Rosenlund did well today wish players like him could play more instead of useless Maurice Edu or Jeff Cunningham. What a joke TFC is, they need a striker Ibrahim isn't good enough yet and it is obvious.

So many capable Canadians who could feature for Toronto. Houston are league champions two years running and they feature more Canadians on a weekly basis than Toronto FC. So... carver and johnston have some explaining to do.

Wasting international spots on useless players like Velez and Cunningham. If this team had such "talent" they wouldnt be getting their asses kicked by Vancouver and others.

Why haven't we seen more of Gabe Gala but Ibrahim jogs on almost immediaetly?

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

Rosenlund did well today wish players like him could play more instead of useless Maurice Edu or Jeff Cunningham. What a joke TFC is, they need a striker Ibrahim isn't good enough yet and it is obvious.

So many capable Canadians who could feature for Toronto. Houston are league champions two years running and they feature more Canadians on a weekly basis than Toronto FC. So... carver and johnston have some explaining to do.

Wasting international spots on useless players like Velez and Cunningham. If this team had such "talent" they wouldnt be getting their asses kicked by Vancouver and others.

Dude, the reason TFC can't bring in someone like Gerba is because of the cap. It's waaay too low. Also even IF TFC got DeRo, they still need a striker since that's not his real position.

I'm not happy about the current winning slump but I HOPE they bring in a striker asap! That way Cunny can go, but Velez has gotten better.

quote:Originally posted by SilverSamurai

Dude, the reason TFC can't bring in someone like Gerba is because of the cap. It's waaay too low. Also even IF TFC got DeRo, they still need a striker since that's not his real position.

I'm not happy about the current winning slump but I HOPE they bring in a striker asap! That way Cunny can go, but Velez has gotten better.

The Gerba obviously didn't want TFC or TFC didn't want him. Because erase Cunningham and you have the space for Gerba (and some goals to boot)

Most irritating part of his response for me was Frank talking about the poor preparation for the game against Guatemala - a situation he made worse by wanting to play the game on the west coast!

However, I'll give his props for wanting to bring more Canucks into MLS. Too bad the Canadian team in MLS doesn't want to

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

As much as I appreciate the interview, I wish you had asked him some tougher questions, JPG. Yallop has a lot to answer for to the fans of the national team and I would like to see what his responses were to some of the questions our less than probing soccer media never dared to ask.

I wanted to strike the right balance between seeing what i could get out of him and pushing too hard. TBH, i was more interested in seeing if he'd spill some details on signing Canadians (he didn't).

quote:Originally posted by jimmynow

if Yallop brings more canadians into MLS he'll continue finishing last.

I know right? Canadians he has brought in like Onstad, Jazic and De Rosario are useless... add to that Yallop winning ONLY two MLS Cups

I mean De Rosario has only won 2 MLS Cup MVPs (most ever), Onstad is only one of the best keepers still at the age of 40 and is going to retire at the top of his game.

quote: they need a striker Ibrahim isn't good enough yet and it is obvious.

Ibrahim is doing what he is supposed to from what I can tell. Using his speed to cause problems for the other team and trying to draw a foul in or near the box. When teams expect aging, control oriented team play and that kid gets on the field it does cause them problems. He has the one thing that is the hardest to teach, SPEED. The rest he is learning but that one quality can work for you in a narrow role that he is filling nicely.

As to why Ibrahim and not Gala? I can only guess that it is a media interest angle they are playing. A 16 year old teenager playing in the pros? Made for TV story. Gala is also a defender and they seem to need the speed up front more as a threat. Gala at 19 is also a bit young to be a starting defender. I'd like to see him get more time as well but defenders take longer to develop. Maybe in a different position?

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

I wanted to strike the right balance between seeing what i could get out of him and pushing too hard. TBH, i was more interested in seeing if he'd spill some details on signing Canadians (he didn't).

Thanks for getting the interview, jpg75. I doubt he would divulge much more to the "less than probing soccer media" who didn't bother interviewing him when he was in town (I don't get the Toronto papers on a regular basis so did he give a similar interview elsewhere, apart from the CBC broadcast booth? If so, then maybe somebody could post a link: thanks).

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

Murph Gala is a left midfielder, we saw that vs. Argentina and with TFC he has always played as a left mid. I'd like to see him brought on for Robert or Ricketts late in the game.

He has played both left mid and left back for club and country...

Archived