WHAT KIND OF CLOWNS WOULD PLAY ...................

Javier

an international qualifiying game in an artificial field ?=

i read that the canadian professional players wants to playe in a normal grass for game 1.

since i follow the tfc on espn in argentina, the stadium has a horrible artificial field for hockey players.

the players are correct, if the public wants a result, and a win, the natural grass should replace that joke of field.

what is the last update about it ??

regards

quote:Originally posted by Javier

i did not know that one. anyway the best russian players by far is guus hiddink..

sorry, what is the last update for that toronto field. it is going to help your players ?

It might help a little bit since they played there once. But not really unless we don't allow the Jamaicans to practice there

quote:Originally posted by Javier

an international qualifiying game in an artificial field ?=

i read that the canadian professional players wants to playe in a normal grass for game 1.

since i follow the tfc on espn in argentina, the stadium has a horrible artificial field for hockey players.

the players are correct, if the public wants a result, and a win, the natural grass should replace that joke of field.

what is the last update about it ??

regards

The latest update is that it's the exact same surface that your nation's U-20 side won the most recent World Cup on.

In fact, I personally witnessed some incredible soccer played on that surface during the U-20 WC last year.

The worst thing about the turf at BMO Field is the perception that it sucks. While I think that's enough to justify changing it in terms of TFC trying to attract players, I still think it's a piss poor excuse for any player to cry about, especially national team players that play there once a year.

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Hahah, at least CONCACAF countries don't play matches up in the bloody ozone layer, as many CONMEBOL countries do.

Elevations:

Puebla, Mexico: 2179m

Mexico City, Mexico: 2240m

Toluca, Mexico: 2670m (not hosting this round)

Quito, Ecuador: 2800m

Bogota, Colombia: 2640m

La Paz, Bolivia: 3600m (ok, that's much higher)

And a majority of CONCACAF hex qualifiers are played at elevation - 1000m being typical in Central America. Not too many Canadians train or play in Calgary....or Switzerland.

Archived