Whitecaps and Champions League

Bxl Boy

Of course the WC are out now, but the CL could be very good for them.

Imagine Montreal qualifies via the Canadian Championship and Charleston or Seattle via the US Cup.

Both rivals will have a very heavy schedule and it could help Vancouver during the playoffs.

What do you think, WC supporters ?

Yeah... when you see the Canadian Championship and the possibility of qualifying for the CL... who needs USL playoffs?

Screw the MLS and USL... What we need is a much wider Canadian Championship (8-10 teams?) with direct qualification for the CL at the end of it.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

a) Nothing's won yet. TFC beat us at SS. Who's to say they won't at BMO?

B) I believe CONCACAF will keep the format for a minimum of two years and evaluate the perfomances after two editions.

By we, I mean Canada.

Guest Jeffery S.

Agree that getting a Saprissa or a Cruz Azul in an official match anywhere in Canada is exciting and cool, don't know if all fans would be into it, and it would be midweek for sure if their season is in (weekend play), but that is what you long for, not a relaxed sched to win USL Div 1.

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

:D

Yeah... the "I could see us getting direct qualification" kinda gave it away, I thought. [8D]

Actually, I really did think if Montreal destroyed Esteli we would be automatically placed in the CL for eternity.

;););)

Archived