Fan590: 15,000 + tickets sold already...

BEN YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG.ON THE WEST SIDE A SELL OUT,WHILE ON THE EAST TWO SECTIONS LOOKED HALF FULL,OR YOU WOULD SAY EMPTY.YOU WERE PROBABLY IN THE PRESS BOX AND FROM THAT ANGLE,NO WAY JOSY TO SEE THE CROWD.SO WHAT MADE YOU MAKE THIS FOOLISH AND VERY WRONG STATEMENT.IN OTHER WORDS YOU AGAIN ARE FULL OF IT.

John. Please. I was there, and I can count.

20,000 seats. Knock out 6,500 for the upper deck being closed. Now you're down to 13,500. There were huge gaping holes in the east side and the south end wasn't full. Now you're down under 10,000.

And if you're paying any attention at all, you'd know I would never base anything on the view from the pressbox.

The west side a sellout? Aside from 6,500 empty seats? Whatever makes you happy, pal.

quote:Originally posted by Ben Knight

Now you're down under 10,000.

That's what it looked like to me too. Great crowd, and maybe 13,500 tickets sold, but under 10,000 in the stands. They were pretty careful not to show the empty upper deck on TV.

Congrats to Toronto for showing up!

quote:They were pretty careful not to show the empty upper deck on TV.

Upper deck is rarely seen because it isn't on the camera side. Only camera on South end shows a bit. This also applies to TFC games - rarely shown unless game has more than the avg number of cameras being employed. Sportsnet did the game with bare minimum yesterday.

Hey guys during the game I was trying to estimate the seize of the crowd and i really thought this to be at least 15000. When they announced 13000 I was very surprised. I do know that when you enter that stadium ,the ticket takers scan that ticket and I assume that these figures are compiled from all entrances and I also assume that they are matched against the sales as well.

I would be extremely suspicious if there is that assumed difference as stated by miss nightingale being at least 4000 less.

I have put the wheels in motion to get the correct figures based upon sales and than we will see. Benny I can quarantee you ,you are way of base and I must add I was very delighted to see this great and impressive crowd.

Archived