Begovic wrapped up for three more years...

Bratworst

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Begovic will be our #1 for the 2014 cycle...unless Adam Street is already tearing it up for West Ham.

Hopefully he will be #1

but Hirschfeld will be only 33 by the time we start the next cycle. a pretty decent age for a keeper considering American keeper ages such as Friedel and Keller.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

Hopefully he will be #1

but Hirschfeld will be only 33 by the time we start the next cycle. a pretty decent age for a keeper considering American keeper ages such as Friedel and Keller.

Lars will be 34 (born in '78) and should still have something in the tank, i expect him to still be among our Top 3. The only other competition is Sutton (35) and maybe Wagenaar (27) or Djekanovic (29) if they improve alot (or Stama (33), but not holding my breath on that one).

Begovic will be 25 in 4 years and just hitting stride. Street, Stillo, DeBellis and JLL will all be 21. Misiewicz will be 22, Monsalve 24...we'll see, it's just an educated hunch.

I guess we'll see Begovic being loan to a League One team this year. It's too bad Portsmouth only have 3 keepers in their senior squad because it stopped Begovic loan move at Yeovill last season when James got injured. I hope he can get something work out this year.

Just a note on Adam Street at WHU, it seems that the other U-18 keeper (a guy from Cezch Republic) is highly rated and he's usually starting ahead of Adam.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Just a note on Adam Street at WHU, it seems that the other U-18 keeper (a guy from Cezch Republic) is highly rated and he's usually starting ahead of Adam.

When you say usually, when has this guy been starting ahead of Street?

When you say usually, when has this guy been starting ahead of Street?

Reserves games.

I've noticed that both are sharing the job for the U-18's but the other keeper has gotten more reserves calls as a starter or a back up. I also read on a WHU fans forum that the kid was highly rated (not much to be found on Street). Street is pretty young so it doesn't mean much at the moment, the important thing is that he looked good for us recently and will surely continue to develop in Europe.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Marek Stech is their number 1 reserve keeper, but he's also two or three years older than Adam. I would expect the former would be out on loan, leaving more reserve starts for Street.

Are you sure he's 2-3 yrs older? I've seen his name with the U-18 which led me to believe he was under 18 yrs old.

Edit: OK, I found it Stech is born in 1990, Street in 1991.

Stech just got tied up to a 5 year contract with west ham. It was nice to see Adam Street play for the U20s against Argentina. Being a west ham supporter myself Stech seems to be overshadowing him. I've only seen Street play once but he looked solid. Hopefully he can get some more reserve games in this year

Lars will be 34 (born in '78) and should still have something in the tank, i expect him to still be among our Top 3. The only other competition is Sutton (35) and maybe Wagenaar (27) or Djekanovic (29) if they improve alot (or Stama (33), but not holding my breath on that one).

Begovic will be 25 in 4 years and just hitting stride. Street, Stillo, DeBellis and JLL will all be 21. Misiewicz will be 22, Monsalve 24...we'll see, it's just an educated hunch.

Lars is 29 right now thus will be 33 next cycle due to him being born in october. But the age doesn't matter and I agree with you.

Stech is a very good keeper but I feel Street has more potential. Having played in two U17 Cycles and now impressing at the U20 level vs. Argies

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

Lars is 29 right now thus will be 33 next cycle due to him being born in october. But the age doesn't matter and I agree with you.

Stech is a very good keeper but I feel Street has more potential. Having played in two U17 Cycles and now impressing at the U20 level vs. Argies

Stech is czech and has played with the Czech U-17 and U-21's.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Are you sure he's 2-3 yrs older? I've seen his name with the U-18 which led me to believe he was under 18 yrs old.

Edit: OK, I found it Stech is born in 1990, Street in 1991.

I think the CSA site is incorrect, I think Street is a '92. I'm pretty sure he was still 15 in that game against the Argies.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

I think the CSA site is incorrect, I think Street is a '92. I'm pretty sure he was still 15 in that game against the Argies.

No, I remember him being 13 when he played in the U-17 WCQ in 2005 (that was a big story, starting a 13 yrs old keeper). The CSA site is correct. Street is turning 17 in a few days.

Archived