Caps wanna new stadium but can't sellout TFC

thats the biggest crowd ive seen at swangard since the sunderland game. waiting 20 minutes in line for a beer....thnx u city of burnaby. 1 person pouring and 1 person taking money is not good enough. although i liked more people being there that stadium can not accommidate those crowds anymore. move the temporary stands back so we can breathe. i decided to move to the southeast corner so i could actually see something....i had security and some broad from the caps saying we couldnt stand there. where the $hit are we suppose to stand? u have penned us in the southside and oversold! the game. great work caps...way to piss off your season ticketholders.

Last night was crazy. Most night when it a sell out you look up and a third of the seats are empty, but last night the place was packed. It took me 22 minutes to get a beer, and that was during play. Normally from the South side you just dash out and grab a beer and be back in two minutes, but not last night.

quote:Originally posted by Robert

Even so, this lame organization will in all likelyhood fail to get the championship-final televised live nationally.

What championship final?

This is a round robin tournament, with the final game being broadcast live on CBC. What more do you want?

Moving the temporary seating back would make the situation worse, not better. If the stands are moved back, the people standing there will just be further from the pitch. All you do by moving them back is creating a wider place for people to stand five-deep on the grass, and those in the back can't see a bloody thing. The solution would be to put two or three more of those little temporary stand things and make them go the entire length of the south end.

Also, when those stands are way back where they used to be, it looks like a bunch of people standing around at a park watching their kids play. Looking at the game on TV, where those two stands were, it looked almost like a real stadium.

I suspect Burnaby is no longer spending money maintaining the turf at Swangard because they know the Whitecaps are leaving and they plan to put in FieldTurf anyway. And there is no chance Burnaby will spend money increasing the seating capacity on a permanent basis.

Archived