Voyageurs Brochure - Now Final Draft (TORONTO)

strobe_z

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

For the upcoming games do we need to put together a fund to get about thirty thousand of these printed? Maybe combine with a chant sheet and paper the stadiums.

I like the enthusiasm, but 30,000 seems pretty excessive. It's assuming that you'll give one to every single person in attendance, which is impossible. Realistically, you could aim to get one into the hands of every party of people, and hope that they'll pass it around amongst themselves. Keep in mind, too, that at least a few thousand at the Toronto game will be affiliated with the Vs or one of the TFC supporter groups and, thus, probably won't need one.

Considering our limited budget and logistic capabilities, I think printing a few thousand sounds more reasonable, but that's just me. I do like the idea of combining them with song sheets, though.

BMO has how how many rows? 35? So all you need is 35 guys to do a lap placing a folded copy on each seat. That a little more than 500 each.

Alternatively you put someone outside every gate and just hand them out.

First Google in Toronto result gives me a cost of $1433.89 for 30k flyers in 6 days. I'm in for $100

Or we can go 11" by 17" and combine chants and info, for a cost of $2276.25 for 30k

Now that you mention it, putting them on people's seats seems to be a more effective way of ensuring maximal exposure. I say this because I've spent the last four TFC home matches standing outside BMO Field handing out flyers promoting the Aug. 20 match, and it's very difficult to a) physically hand them out fast enough to ensure everyone gets one, especially when the big waves of people coming off of public transit come in, and B) most people just don't want to take flyers from strangers, even if you're shouting "Canada, World Cup qualifying!"

I think we may want to see what strobe_z hand in mind in terms of distribution; after all, the brochure was his brainchild.

Well the distribution is not really my department seeing as how I won't be in Toronto. However, I think if we can get permission and access to the stadium before the game, putting them on the seats is the best bet (providing there's not a strong wind to blow them all away).

If we can't secure permission, then the best idea is to have a small team of brochure-hander-outers. I've witnessed the public transit crowds at BMO, so I know that's a challenge - but it's do-able.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, seeing as how the BMO Game is nearly upon us, I think this brochure should be printed pretty quick.

I've updated the rosters to the best of my knowledge, but I'd like someone to check on it.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1732390

Now, since I won't actually be at BMO, it's really up to the rest of you to do something with this brochure. I have two suggestions. We could either have some brave soul walk into a Staples and get a bunch printed (not sure how many would be best) and then get a great wrist workout folding them in three... The other option is for a bunch of people print off a few each and fold them.

As far as I'm concerned anyone at all can print this .pdf and hand them out at the game.

I'll update the file after Wednesday for the standings and start getting it ready for Montreal (and then Edmonton).

Archived