Reggae Boyz hit new low

Guest Dave

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Owngoal u a fret already a nuttin nuh start yet. We nuh start **** we BUS SHOT. we go anywhere we want voyagers CYAAA!!! do we NUT'n!!

Does anyone translate Deaf Mute/Mentally Challenged-to-English on here?

thats not nice

quote:Originally posted by Natesta

What an absolute shocking statement!

I am appalled and dismayed at that terrible comment and am seriously considering suing for libel!

I am not...

I repeat AM NOT and NEVER WILL BE....

A TFC Fan!

post of the year!

post of the year!:D

quote:Originally posted by Natesta

What an absolute shocking statement!

I am appalled and dismayed at that terrible comment and am seriously considering suing for libel!

I am not...

I repeat AM NOT and NEVER WILL BE....

A TFC Fan!

-_- too predictable and over the top.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

If a club gave the Jamaicans the OSA ticket code, I will be very disappointed.

I would think that there are Jamaican immigrants or supporters who have kids in soccer and are involved with clubs who obtained the code through the OSA's normal distribution mechanism.

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

I would think that there are Jamaican immigrants or supporters who have kids in soccer and are involved with clubs who obtained the code through the OSA's normal distribution mechanism.

You can refer to these people who are Canadian yet support Jamaica as Jafakeans for short

Nah, they're Jamaican, but the kind you wish would wise up and support Canada. Jafakeans are the white boys who hang out with them and act and talk like they were born and raised on JamRock, but actually hail from Scarborough/Jane&Finch/Regent Park/Flemo :D

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Nah, they're Jamaican, but the kind you wish would wise up and support Canada. Jafakeans are the white boys who hang out with them and act and talk like they were born and raised on JamRock, but actually hail from Scarborough/Jane&Finch/Regent Park/Flemo :D

Hey, don't be knocking Flemmo. [8D];)

St. Dennis is where it's at!

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

What's not nice? The fact that he writes in childish jibberish/chav, or that I called him out on it? It's in no way racially-motivated.

your right it's not racially motivated, it's still very bigoted though and I really didn't want to get into this hence my short line nor see it as a huge deal, but caribbeans write the way they talk, and just cause it's different does not mean our english is better or theres is childish, it's just how I said it different. it's a short jump from making fun of the way people talk and making fun of there religion , all are things that people can't really help and to put it mildly, it's just not nice. They should be allowed to speak in there own manner without feeling judged.

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

Hey, don't be knocking Flemmo. [8D];)

St. Dennis is where it's at!

Not knocking Flemo, i know a few people from there (i grew up down the road in Leaside and currently live on Wynford Heights), but there were a bunch of Jafakeans back in the day...not so much anymore, alot of south asians moved in.

You spent your 4th post being offended by a joke?

Lighten up people, really who gives a crap about what the Jamaican fans say. Why even bother going to their forum?

quote:Originally posted by CanadaTFC

-_- too predictable and over the top.

quote:Originally posted by Juby

your right it's not racially motivated, it's still very bigoted though and I really didn't want to get into this hence my short line nor see it as a huge deal, but caribbeans write the way they talk, and just cause it's different does not mean our english is better or theres is childish, it's just how I said it different. it's a short jump from making fun of the way people talk and making fun of there religion , all are things that people can't really help and to put it mildly, it's just not nice. They should be allowed to speak in there own manner without feeling judged.

Wow. You reached so far on that assumption even Plastic Man was amazed.

Am I still allowed to make fun of Canadian kids who write the same way? Or will you reach on that one, too?

And they CAN help it. I lump everyone who writes chav/L33T/txtspk/slang/whatever makes them look ignorant in to the same group.

I agree with Loud Mouth Soup. LMS was not racist or anything he called out a guy for talking childish and ignorant. Saying he was going to come into our section and kill us by "BUSN Shotz".

Caribbeans don't all write the way they talk and those who do should be called out because it is dumb. You are on a computer, an accent is something you can't control but typing you can!

well I didn't call him a racist. I was referring solely to "Does anyone translate Deaf Mute/Mentally Challenged-to-English on here?". And it's not at all dumb, you talk a certain way your whole life and then your just expected to start typing in words you don't actually say and spell things different from how they sound where your from. btw it's called patois, it's a dialect of english, you can't just apply your standards on things like this. as for wiggers, make fun all you like, there just weird, of course some people may speak with a bit of eubonics but I think we all know you mean the ones who are seriously over the top (like most black people use some eubonics, but generally there just trying to say what they want to say as accurately as it comes to them, just like the rest of us, but then there's some kids (mostly white kids ;) ) who go around trying not to say the most accurate thing but the blackest thing (usually to the point where very little is actually said) and that's just weak)

Way off topic but once upon a time I worked as a grunt in the AG Dept of Manitoba where some of my betters where from the Caribbean and spoke, much as had been my experience up to my late teens with all Windies, absolutely perfect English. Sure the accent was there but there was no mistaking the quality of their English.

To say they held a barely containable contempt for their "street talking" countrymen (and I use the term countrymen loosely) amongst the working ranks would be understating it.

*shrug* At the time I put it down to a curious classism. But I didn't find a fault in that "prejudice". Then or now. It is what it is (or was, we're talking the '80s. Ug, I'm old).

If you wrap yourself in certain clothes you will be recognized by that uniform unless you change it. (Figuratively speaking of course. Hey, did I read that on a fortune cookie somewhere? Dr. Phil maybe?)

Prof Cheeta.

PhD Urban Studies

School of Hard Knocks

Archived