The WCQ photo caption contest!

quote:Originally posted by dsqpr

I really do think it would be far better if this policy were a "softly softly" one. Politely informing the person of the policy is as far as it should go, leaving them to decide for themselves what, if anything, they want to do to remedy the situation on the day and for future matches.

It was. He wasn't told at the match, he was told at the bar before the match. And, as I understand it , the choice was ultimately his.

quote:Originally posted by dsqpr

As an aside, it is common at England matches to see a cross of St. George with a club team name in black letters along the horizontal red part of the cross. But the fans are still all there for England, and everybody knows it.

Yes, just as there were two "Vancouver" flags in Montreal. But none of us Vancouverites or Montrealites (?) had club colours, nor club kit or scarves.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said, I mentioned that we had agreed on no club colours and he didn't really make a fuss when flipping the jersey.

You also have to consider where the game is taking place. I won't be saying anything to anyone in Toronto, but I felt I needed to do something when there was a TFC jersey in Montreal, at the pub.

No club colours means no club colours. We need to start enforcing it with new people so people don't make it a habit. Municipal and provincial flags aren't a problem, and never have been.

but daniel you must also understand that when we arrived at bar 99, your friend henrique (i believe was his name) was wearing a blue fleur de lis hat that couldn't be missed. it was not only blue and white, it was also a provincial symbol - something that no other was wearing. i have absolutely no problem with this and but if we are picky, then we must be picky with everyone. i think we should celebrate our differences (it makes sense to have everyone in canadian gear with flags etc) but, some of us can't get them or don't have enough money.

i for one will be wearing my canadian jersey and i will be loud and proud for all of canada form coast to coast!

quote:Originally posted by hodgkiss

but daniel you must also understand that when we arrived at bar 99, your friend henrique (i believe was his name) was wearing a blue fleur de lis hat that couldn't be missed. it was not only blue and white, it was also a provincial symbol - something that no other was wearing. i have absolutely no problem with this and but if we are picky, then we must be picky with everyone. i think we should celebrate our differences (it makes sense to have everyone in canadian gear with flags etc) but, some of us can't get them or don't have enough money.

i for one will be wearing my canadian jersey and i will be loud and proud for all of canada form coast to coast!

lol I'm pretty sure that guy was just some drunk wino who happened to be at the bar when we got there. (we being the first 10 or so v's)

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Indeed, that was a drunk local who just happened to be at 99. Also, the quebec national day was 4 days later, which probably explains the hat...

Sounds like its some party if the guy is drunk and dressed up four days in advance. :D

Archived