Here it comes - Official

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

You are absolutely correct Dave.

Hey now guys. I understand your concern with what is a potentially legitimate threat, but myself being in the same shoes as several others there must be a better way to handle this. I know that there isn't much more aside from my word that I can give you (and the fact that I bought a Voyageurs scarf....) but I really don't think you should be discouraging new members and supporters from being able to be there with the rest of you guys. There seems to be a lot of new blood that wants to join the cause and I don't think that we should be limiting their opportunities to do so. Maybe by looking at past posting history is a good approach, but you can't go around assuming anyone who joined in the last 30 days is a Jamaican supporter eager to spoil the Voyageurs' fun or you will likely inadvertently turn away many new members; which is the exact opposite of what we should be doing.

quote:Originally posted by Dave

No disrespect intended to the first guy who posted, but... how do we know you are not a Jamaican "spy" who is trying to get hold of our code and buy a couple hundred tickets for Reggae Boyz supporters? I hope there is some safeguard in place to check up on people who have only recently joined up.

Damn...imagine... i just got really interested in canadian soccer, the past few month and even more so after the brazil game then i started to research our team on youtube, google and fifa.com and got so excited, thought i wanna be an avid supporter of my country cause this team seem to be going places then i found a forum i thought felt the same way i did, only to be treated as a "SPY"!!!

This could kill ones ambittion of wanting to play a part(maybe a small one) in helping to get majority of canada injected with enthusiasm towards Canada MNT.

I understand your skepticism but if i was a reggae boy why would i want to be a part of the voyagers, i would want be around jamaicans not canadians.

The last thing we need it to discourage new supporters. Im canadian to the soul f**k jamaica, honduras and mexico, canada all the way. So get that spy hunch the way, and lets continue focusing on making out team gets the best support in toronto ever!!! dont yall agree.

Guest Dave

Well, you have to admit that "Canada3000" is a pretty suspicious name to have chosen. Sort of like saying "Maple Leafs 1967" if you get my drift.

Again, no disrespect intended. WF said there is a safeguard in place, and I trust him. If you are legit, you will get access to tickets.

I don't think the message was necessarilly oriented at you, c3000, but rather at a new poster asking right away how to get tickets. I feel that if we're going to do this right, whoever is legitimate will be rather obvious. And it wouldn't be all bad to have the extremely new posters in on the last day of the sale - before the public, but once the section is already well rooted. It's pretty much free-for-all seating so your ticket's only as bad as you make it ;).

quote:Originally posted by canada3000

i chose the name canada3000 in reference to the new look of the canada team as it represent the future of canada football which will soon see us on par with the top 10 teams in fifa.

That makes much more sense than what I thought - that you'd named yourself after a defunct airline company.

haha i love how it's reduced to picking on his name.

Don't get me wrong I'm new too, but i plan on buying 20 seats TMRW. I like the idea that we are protecting the code, that being said I want it and hope the "30 days in the hole" doesn't come into play.

Anyone is free to facebook creep the **** out of me to see that i'm legit.

So is there any truth to this, cause if so i'm gonna have to butter up to someone to grab seats.

Ok, why doesn't someone just buy 15 tickets for these new people. Meet up before the game, if they are in Canada Colour sell them the tickets at cost, if they show up in green and yellow it all kicks off. If no one from Toronto wants to do it I can, although i doubt I'll be able to get off work to make the match.

alright guys, we're freaking out here, turning on eachother. Get ahold of yourselves!

I'm in favor of the 30 days thing, or since the game date was announced or whatever, and only opening up the code until there's just a handful of seats left.

I only joined a couple weeks ago, so I'm screwed, but it's worth avoided having many jamas in our section.

Can someone start a new thread for the Montreal game, with official organizing of sections etc... we can't ignore it.

well I'll do it myself I guess.

Frankly I think the 30 days idea is good, since someone can buy 20-30 tickets and make some money selling them for $15 each.

Edit: I should expand on that...if someone buys 15 extra tickets, they only need to sell 10 to break even so even if a couple Jamaicans attempt to buy them its not like the person would lose money.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

Ok, why doesn't someone just buy 15 tickets for these new people. Meet up before the game, if they are in Canada Colour sell them the tickets at cost, if they show up in green and yellow it all kicks off. If no one from Toronto wants to do it I can, although i doubt I'll be able to get off work to make the match.

In all respect I really don't think that is a viable solution. The potential complications associated with meeting up is definitely not worth the risk of shutting 15, 20, 30 however many newbies there are of us out of the game. That's 15-30 less voices cheering Canada on. Come on guys, really... We're here as Canadians looking to support our team and our country. I'm sure if any Jamaican would waste his time trying to infiltrate a Canadian supporters group it would be quite obvious by now...

quote:Originally posted by theaub

Frankly I think the 30 days idea is good, since someone can buy 20-30 tickets and make some money selling them for $15 each.

Edit: I should expand on that...if someone buys 15 extra tickets, they only need to sell 10 to break even so even if a couple Jamaicans attempt to buy them its not like the person would lose money.

I think we should also let people who've posted but less than 30 days be able to email and get "scouted".

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

I think we should also let people who've posted but less than 30 days be able to email and get "scouted".

I've said it once in this thread, and I'll say it again -- if anyone would like to contact me directly to verify my identity and intent, please feel free to email me and we can talk.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

I think this is a perfect solution, except it will be impossible to make it work on the day of the game, given that the CNE will be in full swing.

With all the BS they're talking on the JAM supporters board, how is anyone to know who's legit and who isn't without meeting face-to-face, looking the person in the eye, and asking the question?

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT WITH THE PASSWORD. UNDERSTAND THE 30 DAY RULE. HAD SIX FRIENDS COME AND SIT WITH ME IN THE VOYAGEURS SECTION VS COSTA RICA HOPING TO DO IT AGAIN.PLANNING ON PICKING UP 15 TICKETS REGARDLESS. GREATEST MOMENT AS A CANADIAN FAN WINNING A TICKET AT THE AGE OF NINE TO THE SEND OF DINNER FOR MEXICO 86 FROM MY LOCAL PAPER(WE PLAYED WALES THE NEXT DAY IN A WARMUP FRIENDLY). I WAS THE ONLY JAMACIAN AT THE DINNER(JOKE). HOPE I CAN ATTEND ANOTHER EVENT LIKE THAT IN 2 YEARS TIME!!!

THANK YOU

Guest Dave

It's easy to get carried away with this stuff. I'm sorry if I offended any new members. We as long time Vs have been burned many times in past WCQ, and this time we are determined to do everything in our power to ensure our team gets proper support.

Having said that, I want to make it 100% clear that I have absolutely no ill will or negative feelings toward Jamaican supporters. They are absolutely welcome to come to the game and support their team. I do expect them to respect the seating policy established by the csa and ticketmaster, that certain sections be designated as seating for those who support canada, and others sections for those who support jamaica. nothing wrong with that, it is common practice throughout the world.

I'll be there with 10 headz from Hamilton, please don't to foward me a password Cheeta.I'm stressin as I type; It doesn't seem right though a 3rd generation Canadian born into a Hockey mad family worried about being 10 rows in to the pitch for a WCQ? Am I part of some new Canadian phenomenom?

I totally agree and though this is my first day posting, I can assure you fellow Vs that I am only 25 but I have been following Canada soccer for over 10 years now, and I would be very dissappointed if I got shut out of my first ever game attended because there are fears of me being a Jamaican fan? Wow that would really suck and that would really be the exact opposite of what I thought the Voyageurs were about. I might be new, but my knowledge of soccer and our players should be welcomed, not ruined by paranoid. I'd really like to get into the presale and I would love to enjoy my first ever CMNT game with the fellow members in the section. I will be draped in my Canadian flag and wearing my Tigers baseball hat, feel free to say hello at the game and verify I am not a Jamaican spy[:I]

quote:Originally posted by Alex

Being paranoid is essential if you want to be a fan of the CMNT LOL. Seriously though come on out support the boys. If you read this as much as I do you would soon see that everyone means well.

I am really excited for my first game and just hope I get the presale code tonight so I can join you guys and show my support for our boys

Guest Dave

simple solution: set aside a number of seats for recently-joined members. then set up a get-together with a bunch of the longtime Vs at some downtown watering hole. after a few beer it should be obvious who supports Canada and who doesn't :-)

Archived