Jamaica in Toronto... on grass?

Daniel

quote:Originally posted by SilverSamurai

I remember it being mentioned that it has to be rolled up and redone from time to time to keep it from being too flat and not springy/soft unlike astroturf.

Not rolled up, brushed up.

The "blades" get flattened over time, and a machine (not unlike a Zamboni) rolls over it to brush up the blades (as well as evenly re-distribute the rubber pellets.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

I'm pushing for realism about what's necessity and what's luxury. I hope an acceptable pitch can be found for August 20, but if it's at the expense of other things -such as prep friendlies- I think it's a bad decision.

Beyond that, I want to hear comments from the players that show they are focused and committed to the task at hand. Of all the things to complain about, the pitch seems pretty far down the list. We've all seen the pitch. It's fine. It plays true enough. We all agree grass is the better long term solution, in a perfect world. And I find it especially odd because so many of the players are from Toronto and seem to be in awe of the atmosphere BMO produces for TFC. This is the National Stadium. There's so much potential there to have an outstanding home crowd. Montreal has a great pitch, but no opposing player is going to be afraid to play there with Saputo running the show.

This is a bone of contention for me as well.

The Toronto boys - and I'm looking squarely at Paul Stalteri at the front of the line - have no problem attending games at BMO and waxing poetic about how wonderful it is to finally have such an atmosphere in their hometown, and yet they are the first to whine about the turf almost to the point of detriment.

GET OVER IT BOYS!

This is the stadium as is, and you'll have to play in it from time to time. Do the Costa Rican players speak out about Saprissa, or do they embrace the immense home field advantage it has given them over the years?

Archived