Impact-Puerto Rico (R)

Daniel

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

PR scores 5' in and ends up holding on for a 0-1 win.

Impact put something like 15 shots on goal to PR's 5, with Di Lorenzo rattling a strike off the bar and down.

Daniel are you part of the Montreal supporter's group? Because that section seems to have the smallest amount of people, do fans just not want to stand and sing all game or are most of the fans just very casual fans?

The people who would be interested in standing/chanting during a soccer game don't come to Impact games and people that do come aren't interested in it.

The club hasn't done much of anything to promote the section besides it being on the seating map.

And frankly, no one wants to go to an Impact game at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon in Montreal. The kop gets much better numbers on Friday night games.

They showed the game out west on the CBC French channel. Montreal owned the ball for long stretches and was so close on several occasions. Not just the crossbar but just before that was a great deflection and several other attempts.

The shot totals they showed on the USL site are 18-4 in Montreal's favor.

That is very different about nobody wanting to go for a 3 PM Sunday afternoon game in Montreal. The weather looked great and that would be my favorite time. Sit back for 2 hours and watch / scream / chant, have a brew and then go on to something else for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Different strokes I guess.

quote:Originally posted by tmcmurph

They showed the game out west on the CBC French channel. Montreal owned the ball for long stretches and was so close on several occasions. Not just the crossbar but just before that was a great deflection and several other attempts.

The shot totals they showed on the USL site are 18-4 in Montreal's favor.

That is very different about nobody wanting to go for a 3 PM Sunday afternoon game in Montreal. The weather looked great and that would be my favorite time. Sit back for 2 hours and watch / scream / chant, have a brew and then go on to something else for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Different strokes I guess.

The game was announced as being sold out, so I guess many montrealers agree with you:D

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

The game was announced as being sold out, so I guess many montrealers agree with you:D

The key word is "announced".

By most accounts, there were around 3k empty seats and fans who couldn't buy walkup tickets.

Why? Because people who had received free tickets had "better" things to do.

Nope, I had a family affair and knew I was not going in the first place - I believe someone sold offmy tickets ;).

Most people who didn't show up treated it as any other "free activity" they *might* do, like the Tam-tams, a picnic, the beach, etc. Depending on their mood and the weather (does anyone with Habs tickets say "I'll go if I don't have anything else"?).

And those who showed up to the stadium TO BUY A TICKET AND SEE THE GAME were denied admission because 3,000 people treated their free tickets as something valueless. On the one hand, the Impact keeps sponsors happy by announcing big crowds and giving them thousands of tickets as part of the sponsorship deal (do they need to give so many?), on the other hand, few people in this city are willing to pay for an Impact ticket.

Yesterday was my first game at Saputo and I have to admit that the stadium is quite nice...I was in section 112 and the view was great.....The main problem for me is I would like to be able to choose where I sit!!....Tried to get tickets the official way about 5-6 days before the game, and it was impossible to get 2 tickets side by side. So I end up buying tickets from a scalper, which is ok, but then in my section there was at least half of the seats that were empty!!!...I dont mind paying an extra 5 dollars when the tickets are a hot item, but when there is so many empty seats, it makes no sense.

It's definitely time to stop giving so many freebies away. Nice stadium, great pitch, but that's about all Saputo's done right. I was so happy for Montréal at the beginning of the year, thinking the fans there were really in for a treat, but it seems Saputo does all he can to tick people off.

Archived