Vancouver-Rochester (R)

Rochester 3 Vancouver 1

Vancouver scored 23 seconds in and held it til halftime. They totally lost the plot in the second half; Rochester scored in the first minute of the second half (Ze Roberto of course) and then 2 more. Diaz Kambere was hopeless on the 2nd and 3rd goals...ball watching for the second, and leaving a back-pass short for the 3rd.

The Whitecap back line is rather suspect at the moment. I also worry about Kindel and Nash being the only central midfielders in the squad. I still don't like Kindel there...and would rather see Clarke playing that role. Hopefully, Geordie Lyall will be back soon.

Hopefully Hirano will be back for the TFC game. I wonder if the coach was letting him fully recuperate or saving him for the game with TFC. Either way they have no depth at that position.

Caps are in a bad slump here and need to do something quickly. Maybe try a 5-2-3 or 5-3-2 and make up with quantity what they currently lack in quality.

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Big, sturdy, burly defender. Had a good match. And was wearing short-shorts.

Cue the Portland Timbers Army:

"They're short, they're black, they're halfway up his crack... Smith's shorts, Smith's shorts..."

cheers

Ze Roberto named player of the week in USL Div 1 based on his two goals vs Vancouver.

Funny, when he left Montreal last year, no one expected him to do much. He already has three goals and two assists on only 8 shots!

I always liked him as an Impact player although he was a little hard to understand. I remember interviewing him at the end of a game and understanding about one third of what he said. LOL

A great guy though.

Archived