Its ok Richard, because we aren't close to the corner last time we threw the streamers on the net. The idea was when the whitecaps scored we would throw them at the net, the whitecaps couldn't score so we just let them go at the 86th minute. Sadly it was the most excitig part of the night. No interference of play, but very juvenile.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Richard

Also, behaving in a deliberately provocative manner solely to get up the noses of those in authority is just juvenile.

So is befriending and buttering up the Southsiders, inviting them to a recording studio and recording their chants, promising better relations, etc... and promptly dumping them like an ugly ex-girlfriend without a word of explanation in favour of some here-today-gone-tomorrow "Brigadier Brad" squad of grandstanders who are now nowhere to be seen.

Is it any wonder why we don't bend over backwards to the dinosaurs who run the club, nor to their whinging and whining sycophants?

If the Duze wants MLS, he should suck it up and get used to tifo. Otherwise, the PDL will always have a place for him.

Funny how some of you are now pissed at Bobby now for speaking out against the T.O streamer craze but is there a chance he might have some communication with his players who are happy not having those here? and such a small venue with natural grass! The empty beer cup toss was money but eventually some lads starting throwing full cans and it just escalates from there with bags of whatever (south america)so lets not make this a trend please.on a side note I'm bringing my friend who happens to be a midget and plan on having a southside midget toss but in a good way,let's keep it real guy's.

After several years of the cup toss, one idiot throws a bottle, and we all get to suffer for it. If security did their job properly, they would have caught the perpetrator. Instead, they try to punish everyone who tries to create atmosphere. That's like the government banning knife sales from all stores across society because one person is involved in a stabbing.

Then the Duze gives us the crappy excuse that the cup toss ban was because it looks dirty (?), or something equally meek. If that was the case, why was the toss permitted for several years? He's hiding behind excuses.

I don't really care about Lenardinosaur being anti-streamer, but I am insulted by his two-faced nature. He said on national TV (while commentating at a TFC match) that we should re-create the tifo atmosphere here in Vancouver, and yet his actions since then have been exactly the opposite - only serving to stiffle the atmosphere.

I'd take the Hartrells over the Duze anyday - at least they permit streamers.

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

After several years of the cup toss, one idiot throws a bottle, and we all get to suffer for it. If security did their job properly, they would have caught the perpetrator. Instead, they try to punish everyone who tries to create atmosphere. That's like the government banning knife sales from all stores across society because one person is involved in a stabbing.

Then the Duze gives us the crappy excuse that the cup toss ban was because it looks dirty (?), or something equally meek. If that was the case, why was the toss permitted for several years? He's hiding behind excuses.

I don't really care about Lenardinosaur being anti-streamer, but I am insulted by his two-faced nature. He said on national TV (while commentating at a TFC match) that we should re-create the tifo atmosphere here in Vancouver, and yet his actions since then have been exactly the opposite - only serving to stiffle the atmosphere.

I'd take the Hartrells over the Duze anyday - at least they permit streamers.

You need to grow up.

I think the problem in both Vancouver and Montreal is that the clubs do want atmosphere and supporters but are not willing to deal with everything that surrounds it, like the possibility of scuffles between supporters, the possibility of objects being thrown on the field, the possibility of banners voicing our discontent being raised, the possibility of insults being thrown here and there.

Right now, they're just ready enough to deal with a stupid mascot telling people to clap their hands and that's it. So I just don't understand why they keep telling us they want to "work with us to make it grow" during the off-season when they do the exact opposite comes the season.

They just can't deal with the fact that they will never have control over the supporters and that the only thing they can do is put them all in the same section and leave them alone. Once they realize that having 6 security guards throwing a 16 year-old guy out of the stadium for throwing a streamer or beat up on people who raised a banner is not the way to go, maybe we can start talking seriously.

Richard you are revolting to read...

Are you a fan of the game? Are you a fan of the experience!?

FFS get a grip mate...B&W and Piltdown do a great job, and are dead on the nuts with every point they have made...

They want to sell a fan experience and then take anything remotely fan/supporter related away unless you feel like cheering on a Duck Mascot juggling a ball with his bill.

Some things gone:

"beer garden' southside, it is now open to all and subsequently watered down

The pissers in the South End

Meglomaniac Security guards, or Bacon Bits as I lovingly refer to them as

No More Beer Cup tossing because Secutiry shat the bed one night

No "Bang the boards" because they put sandwich boards up in lieu of us using the advert hoarding on the fencing as noisemakers

With rumours back and forth about a secondary group other than Kerfoot and Lenarduzzi, I used to scream from the rooftops it has to be has to be Kerfoot, but now, and it is no fault of Kerfoot from what I can tell, Lenarduzzi's dinosaur views on things are starting to have me change my mind...We need someone with vision about selling the game other than just saying "90 full minutes" What the hell is that!?

WHy not sell it as an evening in the park, with a dog and a few beers, and taking in a great game on what used to be one of the best natural surfaces in Canada that now looks riddled by the plague.

The Vancouver Canadians sell their single A baseball as just that, beers and hotdogs etc...

If it was sold that way to the VAncouver Public at Large, and they allowed the Supporter Groups to do what they do it might suck some of the casuals into becoming awesome suppporters of the team (That is how I was hooked, a mate and I decided to come to a game, we saw the Southsiders and thought that they were having the most fun in the park, and decided to join)

Last few seasons I've been getting these questionaires about the expierience at swanguard for the'caps games and it always seems i have to answer the same questions and make the same suggestions only to see changes for the worse if any! I feel your pain for the things gone tha's for damn sure

My brother was in Edinburgh and heard stories of tossing steamers at Easter Road. Gross but true. Streamers pale by comparison.

It's very interesting how TFC and their supporters have achieved their partnership. They've been involved in a partnership since the day Toronto was granted the team...so, when Vancouver is announced...it will be interesting to see if they can forge a harmonious relationship with the remaining 6 Southsiders.

Judging by the tone of these posts though...I'm not so sure.

quote:Originally posted by Johnnyranger

Richard you are revolting to read...

Are you a fan of the game? Are you a fan of the experience!?

FFS get a grip mate...B&W and Piltdown do a great job, and are dead on the nuts with every point they have made...

They want to sell a fan experience and then take anything remotely fan/supporter related away unless you feel like cheering on a Duck Mascot juggling a ball with his bill.

Some things gone:

"beer garden' southside, it is now open to all and subsequently watered down

The pissers in the South End

Meglomaniac Security guards, or Bacon Bits as I lovingly refer to them as

No More Beer Cup tossing because Secutiry shat the bed one night

No "Bang the boards" because they put sandwich boards up in lieu of us using the advert hoarding on the fencing as noisemakers

With rumours back and forth about a secondary group other than Kerfoot and Lenarduzzi, I used to scream from the rooftops it has to be has to be Kerfoot, but now, and it is no fault of Kerfoot from what I can tell, Lenarduzzi's dinosaur views on things are starting to have me change my mind...We need someone with vision about selling the game other than just saying "90 full minutes" What the hell is that!?

WHy not sell it as an evening in the park, with a dog and a few beers, and taking in a great game on what used to be one of the best natural surfaces in Canada that now looks riddled by the plague.

The Vancouver Canadians sell their single A baseball as just that, beers and hotdogs etc...

If it was sold that way to the VAncouver Public at Large, and they allowed the Supporter Groups to do what they do it might suck some of the casuals into becoming awesome suppporters of the team (That is how I was hooked, a mate and I decided to come to a game, we saw the Southsiders and thought that they were having the most fun in the park, and decided to join)

I haven't particularly disagreed with much of what you say above but I am revolting because:

a. I have said I enjoy the atmosphere created by singing and chanting fans waving flags and banners and I don't like it when the PA announcer insists on playing six second snatches of music during the game.

b. I don't want to see complaints about action taken against people who are well aware ahead of time that certain behaviours are unacceptable but they exhibit such behaviours nevertheless. That is just juvenile and if you find that offensive then grow up.

c. I would prefer if people did not toss items onto the field of play that interfere with the game and thus spoil the experience for all fans, myself included. If you find that offensive then you are a blot on society.

d. I have expressed my distaste for those people who insist on vilifying Bob Lenarduzzi publicly despite the fact that without his very great personal efforts on behalf of the 86ers/Whitecaps we would not have the team at all.

If anybody is revolting to read it is people like you.

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

It's very interesting how TFC and their supporters have achieved their partnership. They've been involved in a partnership since the day Toronto was granted the team...so, when Vancouver is announced...it will be interesting to see if they can forge a harmonious relationship with the remaining 6 Southsiders.

Judging by the tone of these posts though...I'm not so sure.

I can see the Southsiders numbers grow once they have a proper spot in the new stadium where we can stand and sing as a group. This would never fly in the grandstand at Swanny too many grey hairs and soccer moms sit on their hands and clap and cheer when they are told too.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

Since you know well in advance of the game that the club president disapproves of streamers I presume then there will be no complaints posted here if you are ejected from the stadium for throwing streamers? You know in advance the risk you are taking.

2665276705_25414e5998.jpg?v=0

A few streamer photos for Richard..taken in the Olympico stadium Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, one of the 2014 proposed stadia, if the club president said no streamers, and no flares, he would be gone PDQ.

2666104382_68646d4692.jpg?v=0

The atmosphere created by the sound and smoke and streamers intensifys the fan experience Richard, it also makes the heart beat faster for the players. Most clubs around the world understand they exist for the fans, and they need the fans to exist.

The Whitecaps might need to mature as football club and send Bobby out to see the experience from the fans point of view in the stands, versus his memories of playing in hostile park in Central America.

Canadian football and its clubs need to grow up and play in the big pool, that means working with supporters and understanding and developing a true deep passion, in city like Vancouver wont happen without the supporters created traditions.

You may think its silly but chanting "he did not read the email" is funny a quick jab at the management and we all need to poke pins in those who have too much hot air in them, Bobby L is one, and there are others attached to the Whitecaps who are rather stuck on themsleves versus doing the best for the game in a professional environment that needs fans to live.

The Whitecaps are selling entertainment, if its no more exciting then playing FIFA 2008 at home or going to the latest Hollywood flick people wont go to the park.

Its not lower mainland mens league, its a pro club the need to mature.

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

And let's add no standing, singing or making any kind of noise.

Voila! You have the Vancouver Public Library.

Hey thats the way the President of the Whitecaps wants it he has been listening to his advisors "Richard" and "Streets" of course they do want to attract the older crowd over 55 .. I think "Richard" is working on getting a special discount class when the go MLS a Golden age admission in a very very quiet section.

No wonder Vancouver cant get a stadia built.

Archived