July 9 Vancouver Vs Gather?

Guest Jeffery S.

Guest Jeffery S.

I am in Vancouver this month and have tix for the July 9 game. Anyone up for a drink before the match? And after too? Where could it happen, are some of you already in cahoots but would grudgingly put up with a stranger from afar?

My problem is that I just don't know anyone, and don't really feel like asking a few hundred people if they would happen to be so and so.

Time to get into some good old west coast Toronto bashing.

I would meet you before the game but am coming straight from work. Why not stumble down to the southside and meet a bunch of us before the game? It would be fun to put a bunch of differences (and similarities) aside and just put faces to names. TO bashing will be in full effect - come on now, what are they, collecting the an anti-voyageurs Legion of Doom over there with Guevara, Marshall and now rumours of Ruiz - maybe they'll get Wanchope out of retirement - all as they continue to overlook and let go canadians right left and center - i would have felt bad about cheering against Brennan except for the fact that he was acting like such a prick during long stretches of the last game - it should be fun.

any word of traveling tfc fans?

quote:Originally posted by nolando

collecting the an anti-voyageurs Legion of Doom over there with Guevara, Marshall and now rumours of Ruiz - maybe they'll get Wanchope out of retirement - all as they continue to overlook and let go canadians right left and center

If the Caps start 6+ Canadians and win oh that would be so sweet! Here's pissing on you Mo [}:)]

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Brennan won't be travelling to Vancouver - he picked up his second "Nutrilite" yellow card on Tuesday at BMO.

Pity, as I had a couple of clever ditties planned just for him. :)

Jeffrey, the Southsiders are on the south side of the stadium, behind and just east of the goal. Look for the flags on the fencing.

Last time I was here I did just that, walked up to three guys in in front of the flags, and they laughed in my face and insulted the Southsiders. So I was dissuaded from keeping asking.

So what happened after you stabbed them?

Jeffrey, try again.We're the only ones waving flags with poles. Most of us will have the Whitecaps kit too.Also there is usually a meet up in central park on the east side of the stadium at the picnic tables near the parking lot. It'll be good to have you join us.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

Jeffrey, try again.We're the only ones waving flags with poles. Most of us will have the Whitecaps kit too.Also there is usually a meet up in central park on the east side of the stadium at the picnic tables near the parking lot. It'll be good to have you join us.

East side is on the park side of the stadium, the opposite from the main stand, right? I didn't even know there was a parking lot there.

Anyone know if there is going to be a visitor's fans section for this game?

I'll be going into the ground at 6pm, but as I'm coming from work, I might be able to tailgate from 5:30-6:00.

We'd better be careful. if its a repeat of the Montreal game the park was swarming with Auxillary RCMP and the bastards got my beer.[V]

They also handcuffed my buddy for smoking a doob...a-holes.[V]

Ok so the Province paper page A32 has and advert for the game time at 8pm Whitecaps webiste and my game ticket says 7pm .... I wish the whoever is responsible for this Caps/CSA would clean this up as there are going to be alot people who dont have tickets yet that will show up at 7:30 looking to get.

Guest Jeffery S.

I called the Caps today and they say it is 7 PM for sure. In the Sun today they post it as 7.30 and list TEAM calling it at that time, no GolTV, in any case the guy at the Caps wondered out loud why the Province and Sun had got it wrong. Are they sure they did not send out a wrong message somewhere? Is the TV slightly tape delayed and that threw them off?

Anyways, the Caps office confirms 7 PM!

Nice to know that just by meeting the Southsiders for the first time in the parking lot for a tainted mineral water I have a real chance of getting arrested, that is kind of exciting.

This whole cops thing in the park is ridiculous...

The backwards thinking in this city really makes me scratch my head...

If the Caps are calling for the cops to come out they should do something for us instead, don't curb our enthusiasm and enjoyment of the enitre evening...I know by the letter of the law bevvying in public is illegal. However in the states tailgating is like a rite of passage, When I go to Seahawks games the cops simply ensure you are drinking out of dixie cups...and your mess is picked up, that is all!

Who are we hurting by sitting around a picnic table having a beer chatting. It isn't like we are all drooling gooned drunk and cussing out senior citizens and small children passers-by...

Archived