Amanda C. -- What are you doing?

quote:Originally posted by pro_player15

Amanda is a good girl. i've known her since we were little and shes just going through the normal teenage/collage experience. its all political b.s. with the CSA that has kept her and Dianna Everett out of the Olympic team. Oakville would have some serious representation on that team.

You may be right, but from what I know, they simply don't want to play for Pellerud.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flying in a few times a year is playing for your country. We're talking about year round residency. But even besides that, how long do you see de Guzman hanging around if he was reduced to the role of "chaser" and constantly watching the ball go over his head like shells in a trench in WW I?

quote:Originally posted by terpfan68

I thought you play for your country.

Nope, you live in a dorm with a bunch of girls, play for the 'Caps and eat, sleep, drink long ball.

quote:Originally posted by Vic

Flying in a few times a year is playing for your country. We're talking about year round residency. But even besides that, how long do you see de Guzman hanging around if he was reduced to the role of "chaser" and constantly watching the ball go over his head like shells in a trench in WW I?

Good one. heh he

Am I the only one that doesn't really give a rat's a#@ about this thread?

^Vic, I could not agree with you more...I think that many of the young women who have stayed away from the residency program were taking a gamble but its a gamble that could pay off big time. If the new coach offers a radical departure from the philosophy of the current regime, many of the women who are on the outside now might benefit because they will not carry around the Pellerud baggage, and by that I mean have being subjected to several years of bad coaching and being drilled to play an outmoded style of soccer.

After what I saw this morning, I'm really anxious to see who replaces Pellerud. The new people in charge had better be more impressive than just promoting from within the CSA coaching frat. This program is going nowhere fast right now and the whole playing style philosophy needs to be turned on its ear. If the people involved with this program believe these girls play a "winning" style, they are fooling only themselves. Today's performance was sad to watch (like most of the WNT games I've suffered through in recent years).

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

^Vic, I could not agree with you more...I think that many of the young women who have stayed away from the residency program were taking a gamble but its a gamble that could pay off big time. If the new coach offers a radical departure from the philosophy of the current regime, many of the women who are on the outside now might benefit because they will not carry around the Pellerud baggage, and by that I mean have being subjected to several years of bad coaching and being drilled to play an outmoded style of soccer.

After what I saw this morning, I'm really anxious to see who replaces Pellerud. The new people in charge had better be more impressive than just promoting from within the CSA coaching frat. This program is going nowhere fast right now and the whole playing style philosophy needs to be turned on its ear. If the people involved with this program believe these girls play a "winning" style, they are fooling only themselves. Today's performance was sad to watch (like most of the WNT games I've suffered through in recent years).

Excellent points. I would like to add that the current players will be relieved when Pellerud bugs off. They are all competent enough to pass the ball to a teammate instead of the opposition. They need to be given the opportunity to do so and a bit of direction. It will come back to them after a bit of training.

I don't think that Paul James is the solution. He is a rough and tumble coach, much the same as Pellerud, perhaps with a bit more passing but not the right guy. We need someone with finesse and experience with women.

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

Excellent points. I would like to add that the current players will be relieved when Pellerud bugs off. They are all competent enough to pass the ball to a teammate instead of the opposition. They need to be given the opportunity to do so and a bit of direction. It will come back to them after a bit of training.

I don't think that Paul James is the solution. He is a rough and tumble coach, much the same as Pellerud, perhaps with a bit more passing but not the right guy. We need someone with finesse and experience with women.

is PJ actually a candidate?

He would not be my first choice.

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

Holy crap, did I miss something?

WTF?

Most embarrassing V's thread ever.

Don't lock it, delete it.

Make life simple and delete Speed Monk.I hate these preachers who come here acting like they're more catholic than the pope.

It was an interesting thread that was entertaining enough to draw 3000 views. Have you initiated any threads that drew 3000 views?

quote:Originally posted by soccertaxi

I can't believe you are all discussing this...good girl vs bad girl stuff...UNREAL! Is this the biblebelt 1950's?

No it's just the Beckham effect. You can now discuss "fashion" in a soccer setting without being called gay ;)

Personally I think she is very pretty and don't see anything wrong with her wearing an outfit that you would go clubbing in.

Maybe a model career is what she is angling for? A bit of self promotion? Who knows but it is her business.

Guest speedmonk42

Sorry Beaver if I was being harsh. It was not aimed at you.

I just can't believe the whining over the pretty standard (maybe not for us but all wish it was) facebook, myspace postings of a young girl in college.

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

Sorry Beaver if I was being harsh. It was not aimed at you.

I just can't believe the whining over the pretty standard (maybe not for us but all wish it was) facebook, myspace postings of a young girl in college.

No worries at all. I just wish I got scrape the image of Landycakes from my tiny little brain. My God, doesn't he have a publicist?

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

DAMN!

1196744159_Amanda-Cicchini-nue.jpg

Ay carumba! A few more photos like that and Amanda Cichini could probably fill out a fundraising Women's soccer team calendar all by herself...

Eye-candy thoughts aside, I hope with Pellerud back we'll see the likes of her, Jamani and the other talented players who are good at retaining possession back into the national team's program.

Archived