Amanda C. -- What are you doing?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might want a wait until the conclusion of the trial with the Duke University lacrosse kids before you rest your case....

BTW, you clearly said that a school have the right to take away a scholarship from you which is completly different than not renewing it at the end of the contract (if the contract is one year).

quote:Originally posted by Richard

^ Semantics, amounts to exactly the same thing.

You know Richard I think i finally realized you just want to make it in a dictionary as a synonym for obfuscate.

ob·fus·cate Audio Help /#712;#594;bf#601;#716;ske#618;t, #594;b#712;f#652;ske#618;t/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ob-fuh-skeyt, ob-fuhs-keyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–verb (used with object), -cat·ed, -cat·ing. 1. to confuse, bewilder, or stupefy.

2. to make obscure or unclear: to obfuscate a problem with extraneous information.

3. to darken.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1525–35; < LL obfuscâtus (ptp. of obfuscâre to darken), equiv. to L ob- ob- + fusc(us) dark + -âtus -ate1]

—Related forms

ob·fus·ca·tion, noun

ob·fus·ca·to·ry Audio Help /#594;b#712;f#652;sk#601;#716;t#596;ri, -#716;to#650;ri/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ob-fuhs-kuh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, adjective

—Synonyms 1. muddle, perplex. 2. cloud. 3 to Richard.

^ Semantics, amounts to exactly the same thing.

If at the end of my work contract my employer doesn't renew it, is it the same as a firing? Of course it isn't. The same applies for a scholarship renewal or taking it away from someone...

quote:Originally posted by loyola

If at the end of my work contract my employer doesn't renew it, is it the same as a firing? Of course it isn't. The same applies for a scholarship renewal or taking it away from someone...

The problem with Richard is that he thinks everything is straightforward and simple. Of course, that isn't the case.

A conscious decision not to renew a scholarship and thereby deny the student the opportunity to complete their degree is exactly the same as withdrawing or terminating it, the only difference is the wording used to describe the act. And not renewing a contract when there is still work to be done that will have to be done by a new contractor is synonymous with firing the first contractor so no, I don't accept your argument.

And Trillium, just because you suffer from a 500 word vocabulary doesn't mean I should limit my own use of the language for your benefit or that of anybody else for that matter.

Richard doesn't think with his brains in this case. Given his attitude, he would strip the girl of her scholarship because she posed in pics in what women would do before they go clubbing.

The burden would be on the University to prove that the player has broken the rules of conduct. For that to happen, they would need to be extensive in recording any unacceptable behavior that has been a problem over time. A bunch of innocent pictures would be enough evidence for such punishment. No athletics department or University board would approve based on such flimsy evidence.

If Richard were to have been the head of WVU and dismissed Amanda for a few pics, he would basically be ending his own career. He would get sued in court, and lose, since he didn't provide sufficient evidence to justify his decision (regardless of morality clauses). He would also be facing off against the state of West Virginia (since it's a state school) and the United States government (civil rights violations). Not to mention the vast amounts of negative PR from making such a hasty decision.

If Richard is really thinking, its with a part of the body other than his brain.

And Trillium, just because you suffer from a 500 word vocabulary doesn't mean I should limit my own use of the language for your benefit or that of anybody else for that matter.

Geez Richard have you never heard of the simple language movement, its pretty strong in legal and government circles, basically it says use language at the grade nine or ten level to ensure understanding. From very early on when posting about topics you put forward I have conciously run the word score scales to get my posts down to your comprehension level, glad to know your ready to move on to more then a 500 word vocabulary.

Of course you have never really understood what anyone posts here ... hell your even referring to yourself as "Richard" kinda like there might be two or more of you in one body.

Any ways your getting to be a lot of fun. As others have noted facts never get in the way of your understandings, and in the case of the scholarship you clearly dont have a clue how the world really works.

PS you might want to go to Gastown or where ever the young crowd hangs in Van to see the short dresses on the girls ... get with the program laddie.

Damn, I regret even starting this topic in the first place. It was meant only as a "hey, look at the crazy crap I found," but has turned into something else.

One note to add: When arguing about "reality" one must take as much of "reality" into consideration as possible. If it is "realistic" and "normal" to expect a young woman to pose--yes, she might be at a party, but she is clearly posing--for photos while at a college party, it is equally realistic that the potential and very real fall out of such photos becoming public could provide very real challenges for Amanda in the future. She ain't simply flauting a chaste smile in these shots, is she? There's a whole lot a booty filling the frame. When you are a public figure, even a minor one, you pay for your actions to a much greater extent than those of us who are not public at all.

With that said, what would our reaction be if Amanda became a star for Canada AND decided to pose for Playboy? Let's do a survey. Thumbs up or Thumbs down? Savvy self-promotion or gratuitous self-exploitation?

Maybe its just me but I don't see anything wrong with any pictures I could find on Google. Most of the girls I know dress far worse when they go out. In fact I find the pictures of Amanda C pretty images pretty tame. Perhaps it only seems like a big deal because she is hot?

As for the playboy thing, I couldn't be bothered, but I think that's a massive stretch where she is now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Amanda is a good girl. i've known her since we were little and shes just going through the normal teenage/collage experience. its all political b.s. with the CSA that has kept her and Dianna Everett out of the Olympic team. Oakville would have some serious representation on that team.

quote:Originally posted by standfortruecanada

Great photos.. SFTC...you might want to send them to the BC soccerweb.. Richard would probably love to post them .. nice fresh faced girl with piled up blonde hair... oh wait her thighs are showing... and what is with the knee socks !! and the souciante look .. ah better not send them. Did she score in the game ?

I can't believe you are all discussing this...good girl vs bad girl stuff...UNREAL! Is this the biblebelt 1950's?

It's nobody's business, maybe not the smartest thing (her or her friends) to post this kind of picture but has no bearing whatsoever on her ability or right to play soccer in the US or anywhere else...I am sure if you google the guys team you will find some great pics too.

Archived