Anybody interested in the first ever 86ers...

nolando

...game program?

I was going through old stuff of mine and realised I had two. My Dad must have picked up one for both of us for that first Edmonton game.

I'm not after cash or anything like that. I know that some of you follow the Vancouver club quite closely and might appreciate it - it has a lot of cool features: Tony Waiters' passing tips, a feature on Bobby L., a Mobilio bio., etc.

Anyways, drop me a line if you're interested.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

JM...I'll presume you're joking as there must be hundreds of these out there in half decent condition somewhere. I'd be very surprised if the two groups you mentioned didnt already have a copy, in any case.

Not at all, I'm quite serious. One of the saddest things about Canadian soccer is that so much material has been lost over time.

Someone from the Caps organization came on the Southside board late last year asking us to help make them take inventory of the old school memorabilia that might be gathering dust on our shelves.

Whitecaps / 86ers stuff is getting increasingly harder and harder to find.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Just curious, but wasn't the first ever CSL game the Winnipeg Fury playing in Vancouver.

Winnipeg's Des Clarke scored for a 1-0 upset victory.

The first ever CSL game was in Ottawa...I believe the National Capital Pioneers played to a 0-0 draw with Hamilton.

"Mobilio scored on his debut, in the club's very first game, a 4-2 win over the Edmonton Brickmen on June 7, 1987, at Swangard, in which he netted Vancouver's 4th goal."

http://www.a-league.com/news/2001/news,2001,0153.shtml

Bill, I will get in touch, and it's nice to know that these little slices of Canadian soccer history actually do mean so much to some people.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

"Mobilio scored on his debut, in the club's very first game, a 4-2 win over the Edmonton Brickmen on June 7, 1987, at Swangard, in which he netted Vancouver's 4th goal."

http://www.a-league.com/news/2001/news,2001,0153.shtml

Bill, I will get in touch, and it's nice to know that these little slices of Canadian soccer history actually do mean so much to some people.

That was the 86ers first game...I was among the 7,400 to see Carl Valentine get 2, and Mobilio his first. But, the first ever CSL game was in Ottawa, or Aylmer Quebec to be precise.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Just curious, but wasn't the first ever CSL game the Winnipeg Fury playing in Vancouver.

Winnipeg's Des Clarke scored for a 1-0 upset victory.

No, Clarke scored in the first Fury HOME GAME at Pan Am Stadium.

I was there, witnessing the Clarke lob that eluded ... Pat Onstad.

Archived