Injuries among female football players

Vic

Good one. After a quick read it seems to focus on regional/location in Sweden & menstrual cycle. Menstrual cycle makes sense as I'm sure it makes a difference in the players strength level. Would be interesting to know from a female player.

IMO the easiest injury to ID & prevent in female players are injuries below the waist. I still feel the Santa Monica PEP is one of the best studies & training programs to address the difference of female & male players. I've seen girl's team of where it's easier to count the players w/out knee braces than those w/ - http://www.aclprevent.com/

quote:Originally posted by CoachRich

Good one. After a quick read it seems to focus on regional/location in Sweden & menstrual cycle. Menstrual cycle makes sense as I'm sure it makes a difference in the players strength level. Would be interesting to know from a female player.

IMO the easiest injury to ID & prevent in female players are injuries below the waist. I still feel the Santa Monica PEP is one of the best studies & training programs to address the difference of female & male players. I've seen girl's team of where it's easier to count the players w/out knee braces than those w/ - http://www.aclprevent.com/

I think the study is excellent.... what it does show ( though it does not draw the line directly as I read it ) is that the better the pitch the less the injury... that is my extraction from seeing injury rates for Premier league vs lower leagues, and factoring in Northern injury rate.

Of course one of the other interesting issues is if menstrual cycles affect injury rate, and all your players live together over extended times you tend to get a grouping effect ...i.e. all your players cycles tend to match up, which can be a serious issue if your going into one week or ten day tournament.

The other point was the range of motion ... was no predictor of injury reduction....

Archived