Love the new members!

Daniel

i agree with daniel, and dont remember seeing this many new/infrequent posters popping out of the woodwork

and of course this is why it is the best time of all to get our merchandise rolling and maybe even branch out into other stuff - shirts, hats, etc. imho people feel like they are a meaningful part of things when they have something to hold on to, and something to call their own.

I echo all three of your comments. I have been thinking the same as Daniel, that it is fantastic we have all these new Canadian fans. Although, many aren't new and have been lurking on this board for years. I was blown away by how many people I met in Montreal (many who had travelled to see the match) that told me they check the forum every day over the years, but had never posted.

Some may have noticed over the past couple of months that we are becoming more organized and serious. The perception is correct.

And as Nolando has pointed out, now is the time to follow through with our merchandise. More exposure for the Voyageurs, and subsequently more exposure for our Canadian soccer team. It also coincides nicely with the fact that we had our first official Voyageurs supporters section at the last World Cup Qualifying match. This will continue throughout World Cup Qualifying, coast to coast, regardless of city or stadium.

Yesterday I held discussions with the official supplier (of course the name escapes me) of merchandise for the CSA. They are ironing out some problems on their end, and then will be advertising on our site and giving a discount to all our members. So yes, the more people log-on and use the forum, the more clout it gives the Voyageurs in our pursuit to spread the gospel of Canadian footy and ultimately benefit it's fans.

Although I've been to a few MNT games, I hadn't sought out an official supporters group until I finally had enough with the piss poor reactions and coverage of national football. You've got a new die-hard on your hands, Canada football till I die!

If I wasn't a poor university student, I'd be at every match home or away. Have things ever been organized enough for airline and/or accomodation deals with the CSA/Air Canada (or whoever the airline might be)? I do want to eventually go oversees (perhaps before WC S.A.) to support our boys, but it's too much of a financial commitment for me at the moment. Of course, WHEN we make it to South Africa, there's no way I'll be staying home.

Well, I'm glad I found this community. I still have to get used with its members, I won't be able to travel long distance to see the MNT, but I follow Canada's results for a long time. And since I'm probably supposed to get the Canadian citizenship this summer, everything will be legal :-)

I was born in Romania in 1975 and came to Canada four years ago. My daughter, she's almost five now, only speaks French, not a word in Romanian, so I guess we are going to get old and die here. I have a master's degree in literature, but I start my career here as a dishwasher, and I don't complain. I just bought a house near Montréal, and I can't see any "reasonable accommodation" trouble concerning the way I integrated this society. Especially now, that I became Canadian supporter. But don't ask me who I would support in a Canada-Romania game.

I don't know why I wrote all these things here, I just did it. Go Canada!

That post almost made me cry....good on you. Too many people come to Canada and don't bring the passion for the country that we all share. It doesn't matter what your citizen status is with us, we're brothers in arms. Vamos Canada!

quote:Originally posted by Melpomenus

Well, I'm glad I found this community. I still have to get used with its members, I won't be able to travel long distance to see the MNT, but I follow Canada's results for a long time. And since I'm probably supposed to get the Canadian citizenship this summer, everything will be legal :-)

I was born in Romania in 1975 and came to Canada four years ago. My daughter, she's almost five now, only speaks French, not a word in Romanian, so I guess we are going to get old and die here. I have a master's degree in literature, but I start my career here as a dishwasher, and I don't complain. I just bought a house near Montréal, and I can't see any "reasonable accommodation" trouble concerning the way I integrated this society. Especially now, that I became Canadian supporter. But don't ask me who I would support in a Canada-Romania game.

Only one thing to respond.

Bienvenue à la maison!:D

I have to say, I'm a relative recent poster to this, as I was trying to find some information about the draw for the 2010 WCQ and somehow ended up on this site! Which I was very surprised to see exist.

Born and raised Canadian, played hockey all my life all the while barely playing any soccer. Might I add I was a horrible player unless I played RB or holding mid (on the right side, no left kick!). I was never into the sport really, untill the last WCQ cycle, which I followed with much frustration (damn you Guatemala!). Sadly, I was really the only one of my friends doing so, although I did get a couple of them to watch the Gold Cup semi-final (we were all yelling how awfull that offside call was). And now, I'm going to get a couple of them to watch at least the match in Montreal, and possibly the one in Toronto!

Allez les Rouges!

Cheers Everyone!!

Was at Saputo Stadium with my 8 yr old!! Congrats to the Voyageurs in the endzone was fun to see.

The one problem I see is that as a soccer nation we host visitors and make them feel at home.Playing Jamaica in TO is not a great idea,but if we allocate tickets in part of the stadium for their supporters then we create a home field advantage.

Vs St-Vincy their fans congragated in my section (117) but they had tickets some where else no security or ushers poorly organized.

I still believe that we hold these games as events....this was a QUALIFIER.

Well my boys got his scarf put away granddads Greece Jersey and Bleeds for his team now.He was shocked at the quality of Derosario!

Maybe all Montrealers not going to TO can organize to meet at CHAMPS to watch the game.

once again CHEERS...allez les ROUGES!!

I too admit to being a frequent lurker over the past little while, especially since World Cup Qualifying has begin. This is my first time actually closely following the qualifying stages and I've found that this site is one of the only places where I can find accurate news on a consistent basis. It also really helps when there are educated people to help translate articles in other languages rather than having to frustratingly decipher it yourself.

Thanks for the welcome!

Like other newcomers above, I have:

a) Been lurking/looking for news here for the past several months; B) Made my first trip to a Canada match with the St. Vincent match at Saputo

I've been watching our teams for a while. It is hard not to be particularly excited about our current crop of players, though, and that really was the motivation to get registered over here.

Hi all,

I've also been reading for a while, probably since 2006. Back then, I was actually trying to figure out why Italy didn't qualify for FIFA U20, and was searching information on up and coming italian talent. But by error, I typed Canada instead of Italy. That's how I came across a few JDG2 articles. I got curious and started reading more. Eventually it led me here. At the time I knew absolutely nothing about Canadian soccer other than USL Impact. Thanks to the info I got from this site, I learned a lot and watched several games on tv. I was impressed by the Gold Cup performance. I found it was a very decent level of soccer. I was also at Stade Saputo last Friday.

Anyway, enough about me. I just wanted to thank all of you who take the time to provide all this information.

Thanks for the welcome!

I really feel happy and lucky I found this site. It's like a family and everyone sharing one goal: supporting our national team!

I still remember it was 2004 when I watched a couple of heartbreaking WCQ home matches. Since then I kept following info of MNT. When the time is coming for 2010 cycle, a google search lead me here. I have to say this is a terrific forum for all canadian soccer fans.

Let's enjoy the exciting moments of this beautiful game!

Let's cheer for Canadian soccer together!

quote:Originally posted by Melpomenus

Buna, ce faci?

quote:Originally posted by Trevino

Hi all,

I've also been reading for a while, probably since 2006. Back then, I was actually trying to figure out why Italy didn't qualify for FIFA U20, and was searching information on up and coming italian talent. But by error, I typed Canada instead of Italy. That's how I came across a few JDG2 articles. I got curious and started reading more. Eventually it led me here. At the time I knew absolutely nothing about Canadian soccer other than USL Impact. Thanks to the info I got from this site, I learned a lot and watched several games on tv. I was impressed by the Gold Cup performance. I found it was a very decent level of soccer. I was also at Stade Saputo last Friday.

Anyway, enough about me. I just wanted to thank all of you who take the time to provide all this information.

Welcome to the fold; both as a Canada fan and a Canadian as well!

If you would like more information on the Montreal impact, www.impactsoccer.com is the best resource online!

And don't worry about the dishwashing job, a family friend came over from Czechoslovakia without speaking english or french and sold encyclopedias, and then that moved on to used cars, and then new cars, then luxury cars, then houses.

Now he owns many classic cars and 2 nice homes! Anything can happen here.

[8D]

Hi,

Every time I would google "Canada soccer" this site would come up along with the CSA site I was looking for. I finally decided to check this site out before the St.Vincent game and here I am. The Voyageur organized fans behind the net were impressive, finally something to counter Sam's Army.

I was lucky enough to be on TV:

after not having seen a WCQ since Canada/Mexico in Toronto in 1993 and having been to Boston for the 1994 World Cup.

I bought the best available seats for StV game and better ticket checking should be done next time - did not expect the St.V fnas to be so many there right in front of the broadcast booth and the VIP section.

Canada should be in 2010 South Africa, a fellow Commonwealth country.

Go Canada!

I have only been on this site for a few weeks.

As much as people say TFC has not done anything for Canadian Soccer. I disagree. It has actually put it on the map. Following TFC, I am become more interested in following national team. In fact, I care more about MNT than TFC now.

Even within the mls, TFC has forced changes to foreign limits on players in the entire league..and opened more opportunities for Canadian players in the entire mls. Now Canadians overseas who don't want to play on fieldturf can try their luck with the US cities.

I love this site, long time lurker, occasional contributor. I feel like I know you guys and have spent many hours with you celebrating our successes and bemoaning our failures. I promise to be less of a lurker and more of a contributor in the future, and when I meet you guys I'll be sure and bring a cucumber.

Cheers

Archived