Whitecaps - Impact V-Cup Match Thread 06-25-08 (R)

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

cccaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn!

kidding around is the theme of the night. allow me to quote mr. lenarduzzi: "the mls is the best league in north america." erm, has an MLS team won the regional title over Saprissa or Pachuca etc since 1995? (I will probably have egg on my face!)

Yes.

DC United in 1998

LA Galaxy in 2000

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

cccaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn!

kidding around is the theme of the night. allow me to quote mr. lenarduzzi: "the mls is the best league in north america." erm, has an MLS team won the regional title over Saprissa or Pachuca etc since 1995? (I will probably have egg on my face!)

Yes.

DC United in 1998

LA Galaxy in 2000

And, although the MFL is clearly a much better league, I'm not sure MLS isn't a better league than Costa Rica's top flight, which is really just two teams.

That's the thing with MLS. It's structure makes it difficult for its champions to compete with other champions. If you put the top 20 or so MLS players on the same team, like you see everywhere else in the world, you would see the top MLS teams winning more championships.

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

I was dismayed to see streamers flying out of the Southside in this game.

All of 6 streamers...but it was still annoying.

You're going to be very dismayed come July 1.

Especially given Bobby Lenarduzzi's comments on the subject.

It was actaully 12 streamers. Since the caps are threatening to throw us out for littering beer cups I thought it was time to bring lenarduzzi's number one enemy to the game ;)

Kinda funny though to have four police on us all night, and the personal security guard right behind me was pretty funny.

The Caps better show up on July 1st if they even want to have a chance at the championship anymore. They sure the hell didn't show up on the 25th, though. Montreal schooled them something awful. It was painful to watch Van's possession at times...

Archived