Locations of the home qualification games

puskas

Most games locations and times have been posted by their Federations, but Honduras and Canada are pending official announcements:

August 20th

Canada vs. Jamaica, Toronto (BMO Field), 23:30 UTC (19:30 EDT)

Mexico vs. Honduras, Mexico City (Azteca Stadium), 01:00 UTC (20:00 CDT)

September 6th

Canada vs. Honduras, Montreal (Saputo Stadium), 00:00 UTC (20:00 EDT)

Jamaica vs. Mexico, Kingston (National Stadium), Sep. 6, 00:00 UTC(19:00 ET)

September 10th

Mexico vs. Canada, Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas, 01:00 UTC (20:00 CDT)

Honduras vs. Jamaica, site TBA, time TBA (one posting listed Tegucigalpa)

October 11th/12th

Honduras vs. Canada, site TBA (San Pedro Sula?), date/time TBA (I'm betting on a Saturday, but...)

Mexico vs. Jamaica, Puebla, October 11, 02:00 UTC (21:00 CDT)

October 15th

Canada vs. Mexico, Edmonton (Commonwealth Stadium), 01:00 UTC (19:00 MDT)

Jamaica vs. Honduras, Kingston (National Stadium), 00:00 UTC (19:00 ET)

November 19th

Jamaica vs. Canada, Kingston (National Stadium), 02:00 UTC ??? (21:00 ET)

Honduras vs. Mexico, San Pedro Sula, 02:00 UTC ??? (20:00 CT)

would have liked to play Honduras on August 20 when many of their best players will be at the Olympics in Beijing.

Also, I predict that the time of the Mexico home match against us on October 13 in Tuxtla will be in the early afternoon, as it is damn hot there. I have been to a Mexican premier league match there, and it was damn hot in January. The Jaguares schedule their matches in early afternoon to gain advantage against their northern rivals, and this and the distance are obviously thought as advantages by the Mexicans. The Mexicans will have just flown a short distance from Jamaica (probably charter direct), and because many of them play in southern Europe the heat will be a bigger advantage to them than the altitude. Altitude is tough on many Mexican players, because most of them do not play professionally at high altitude now.

I believe the regs say that only the last group´matches need be synchronized to start at the same time.

Guest Jeffery S.

Don't like the sched at all. Think we should have started in Montreal to take away the Jamaica effect, no track, lots of pressure on them.

Take on Honduras and Mexico in Toronto, make them play in a smaller pitch with the fans more on top of things, paint the lines tighter. Edmonton is a poor venue to beat Mexico out of in my view.

In general I am in favour of BMO and Saputo all the way, let us feel very comfortable and let them feel the heat, which they do not when there is a track.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Don't like the sched at all. Think we should have started in Montreal to take away the Jamaica effect, no track, lots of pressure on them.

Take on Honduras and Mexico in Toronto, make them play in a smaller pitch with the fans more on top of things, paint the lines tighter. Edmonton is a poor venue to beat Mexico out of in my view.

In general I am in favour of BMO and Saputo all the way, let us feel very comfortable and let them feel the heat, which they do not when there is a track.

Saputo was unavailable for the Jamaica game, and BMO was unavailable for the Honduras game.

Also, the lines at BMO are permanent, as in the actual turf that makes up the lines are white "blades" rather than green painted white.

Archived