Voyageurs scarves........

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just 100? Note that cost goes down if we order more. We could get 200 made for around $1500. Doing another order later will cost us.

yes I can do the distribution, no prob.

Another thing is that I'd really like to make sure we have our flag ready to go for Jamaica. A thing like that really inspires and I KNOW the players would be pumped seeing that in the stands. but with only $1300, we cannot afford to do both right now.

I guess the thing to do is to get the scarves done now, collect funds, and use those funds to get the Flag.

It's good that we're using a company that we've used before and know is reliable.

However, as a good rule of thumb, I would not venture into many cash payment transactions as a group. It would be better to use a credit card that has purchase protection so there is less chance that we are defrauded by some fly-by-night company. I would even go as far as to suggest not doing any business with companies that don't accept credit card payments.

I'm with BrennanFan. I think an order of 100 may be too small. I would be willing to put in some extra cash upfront (that I would be paid back of course) to help make the order larger. Maybe about 200 scarves all together.

As for cost. I think we should sell them at $20 each. That's a decent price. TFC scarves sell for $19.99+tax at the local Sport Chek's.

I would also be willing to help with distribution.

I'm pretty sure we should order 200 minimum as well. I don't know how many people are registered on this forum but I'd be willing to guess that half of us would want one. As for upfront costs, I'd definitely chip in as well...Oh God, this may turn into some sort of legitimate business venture with shares and all. :-)

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

I'm with BrennanFan. I think an order of 100 may be too small. I would be willing to put in some extra cash upfront (that I would be paid back of course) to help make the order larger. Maybe about 200 scarves all together.

Ditto. Let me know if you need help.

quote:Originally posted by JamboAl

I'm pretty sure we should order 200 minimum as well. I don't know how many people are registered on this forum but I'd be willing to guess that half of us would want one.

I was just on the "members list" and noticed how many people are on this forum; I don't know how many are "active" so half may be way overstated. But I'd say based on the numbers I saw in Montreal, 200 would be very conservative.

If you look at the scarf thread in the Voyageurs section of the forum, you'll find that there are probably already a hundred requests for scarves already. So, I'd say a higher order is the way to go. Let me know where to send the money. I'll pay for two straight away so we can start to add to the kitty for an up front payment to the manufacturer.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

Just 100? Note that cost goes down if we order more. We could get 200 made for around $1500. Doing another order later will cost us.

yes I can do the distribution, no prob.

Another thing is that I'd really like to make sure we have our flag ready to go for Jamaica. A thing like that really inspires and I KNOW the players would be pumped seeing that in the stands. but with only $1300, we cannot afford to do both right now.

I guess the thing to do is to get the scarves done now, collect funds, and use those funds to get the Flag.

Alright, let's go for 200. I will cover the scarves. We will blow the V-Fund (I have yet to receive any money for the posters) and then some.

We are selling these scarves to our members, so I don't want anyone gauged. If we can make $5 a scarf profit, that should be adequate. Anything more is gravy. Let's try and keep these at $20 if possible.

Brennanfan, put in the order and let me know how you want this played. Try and get a firm price, including shipping, taxes, etc.

Can we drop a deposit ? Let me know my payment options. The easiest thing for me would be to simply put this on my Mastercard.

Call me (204-475-5659) if need be, or I can call you if you give me your phone number.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Alright, let's go for 200. I will cover the scarves. We will blow the V-Fund (I have yet to receive any money for the posters) and then some.

We are selling these scarves to our members, so I don't want anyone gauged. If we can make $5 a scarf profit, that should be adequate. Anything more is gravy. Let's try and keep these at $20 if possible.

Brennanfan, put in the order and let me know how you want this played. Try and get a firm price, including shipping, taxes, etc.

Can we drop a deposit ? Let me know my payment options. The easiest thing for me would be to simply put this on my Mastercard.

Call me (204-475-5659) if need be, or I can call you if you give me your phone number.

Will there be duty as well?

quote:Originally posted by River City

WF,

I'll take 25 for the Edmonton area. Last time I paid up front and collected back the money as V's picked up their single orders, or sold to new ones. And I still need to get 2 to Mehrdad in London. Let me know how you want me to pay you.

In light of what has happened in the past, I don't want anyone to pay in advance. Just tell us exactly how many ('a few' is not specific enough) and make sure your profile has your location on it.

Once we have them in our possession (I should say, Brennanfan has them in his possession), we will start collecting cash and begin distribution.

Ok, i've heard back from our scarf guy. Jarrek says he's a good guy and thats good enough for me. I don't foresee any shady dealings at all.

Cost of 200 scarves:

200 scarves x $7.2 each + $488 shipping = $1928

Didn't think it'd be that much. Changes things a little bit. We only have 1,300 of V money. I don't want Fury, or anyone, blowing $600 of their own money to front this when there is no real guarantee of getting a return.

Solution A: We need 30 scarves to be paid for upfront. And soon, like by the end of next week. Last time the whole thing was done by paying up front, all on a leap of blind faith just after we were all screwed no less. Surely there are 30 V's here willing to step up.

Solution B: We only order 100 scarves.

Thoughts people. (Maybe 200 is too many?)

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

Ok, i've heard back from our scarf guy. Jarrek says he's a good guy and thats good enough for me. I don't foresee any shady dealings at all.

Cost of 200 scarves:

200 scarves x $7.2 each + $488 shipping = $1928

Didn't think it'd be that much. Changes things a little bit. We only have 1,300 of V money. I don't want Fury, or anyone, blowing $600 of their own money to front this when there is no real guarantee of getting a return.

Solution A: We need 30 scarves to be paid for upfront. And soon, like by the end of next week. Last time the whole thing was done by paying up front, all on a leap of blind faith just after we were all screwed no less. Surely there are 30 V's here willing to step up.

Solution B: We only order 100 scarves.

Thoughts people. (Maybe 200 is too many?)

I'm willing to cover the balance. Thanks for the thought. Obviously the first $2000 coming in will cover my expense. At $20 a pop, we stand to make a good chunk.

How about taxes and duty ? Has that been factored ?

Can we pay a deposit, and pay the rest upon receipt ?

Can I pay via Mastercard ?

Archived