Voyageurs scarves........

quote:Originally posted by Toronto MB

Rudi, I'm busy at work right now. Will sendyou a private message later, would be glad to get this rolling again.

Were you involved before ?

If not, I would appreciate if you could get this rolling.

I'm still waiting to pay someone for a Voyageurs flag. Again, we need someone to step forward and take this project by the tail.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Toronto MB

I am one of those poor souls desperately seeking one.

I don't know how I managed to miss that campaign, but I did. Probably due to PYDS, as I was too distraught to check the board. (Post-Yallop-Depression-Syndrome).

Hey! I had that TOO! Hug?

I'd like three scarves. I am moving into our first house in August, otherwise I might take on this project. What's involved, anyway?

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

DAMN YOU. I wanted to make that joke.

Actually, it WAS a Polish manufacturer that made our scarves:

store4fans.com

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Were you involved before ?

If not, I would appreciate if you could get this rolling.

I'm still waiting to pay someone for a Voyageurs flag. Again, we need someone to step forward and take this project by the tail.

I was involved before, but Jarrek took the lead in distributing them (along with designing them, of course).

I'd rather not be involved this time around though.

If I remember correctly, the last batch that came out was around the $10 a piece mark (min order 100).

Given what the Vs currently have in the kitty I'd rather see money spent underwriting a fresh batch of Vs scarfs (for resale at a profit of course!) before another banner.

Just a thought. We have a design, I am sure alternatives for suppliers, and a very marketable and affordable product.

Lets order enough to meet expected demand over the next few years and not just order on a pre-order basis as we have done in the past. As we all know the more people that see this product, the more people that are interested. Also, people buying one or two have frequently been asking about getting a few extra after the fact. I think its a great idea if the v's make and hold on to a bunch and just sell them as we go - at games, viewing parties, etc, and also online. Since shipping costs cut into that margin, why not have a regional distributor member for each major area (Van, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, Mtl, Halifax, for example) who can then get them delivered in person (at games, for example) sometimes to cut down on costs and to cut down on the burdon now felt by a single rep, the stress that Jarrek must be feeling right now.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

Since shipping costs cut into that margin, why not have a regional distributor member for each major area (Van, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, Mtl, Halifax, for example) who can then get them delivered in person (at games, for example) sometimes to cut down on costs and to cut down on the burdon now felt by a single rep, the stress that Jarrek must be feeling right now.

Group buys are almost universally a pain. Meeting up with everyone, sending money back and forth, hurt feelings when sales/deliveries don't happen on time, are all reasons to avoid group buys whenever possible.

I haven't seen the Voyageurs scarf, but if it's similar to what I have then it has a reasonable chance of fitting in a Canada Post mailer (38cmx27cmx2cm). If it fits, then you're looking at $3.70 for postage and envelope. I suspect our audience will gladly pay $5 to get their scarf delivered on a timely basis? Doesn't prevent someone from buying 20 and distributing them at events, just ensures that one isn't dependent on the kindness and reliability of one person. Also allows someone like Yukon Mike to participate - anyone with time on their hands can lead distribution efforts regardless of where you live. (Plus...if one of those regional distributor gets stuck with extras after a match, they can be designated as "mailing distributor" until they get rid of any unwanted inventory.)

If someone is ordering a scarf, it wouldn't hurt to ask if an individual scarf can be folded into a 10"x13"x3/4" rectangle based upon size/weight. I'm guessing anything that is less than 78" long and a weight of...80oz/dozen? would work? Weight will be key in getting it thin enough for a mailer....

Alright guys, lets do this.

I have taken the liberty of contacting the following manufacturers to get a quote and to ask them how long it would take to have them made and delivered.

www.soccersupporters.com/catalog/

www.teritex.com

https://www.sportsscarf.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

store4fans.com

I am leaning towards our original manufacturer because they did a great job last time, but we'll see if another place is cheaper. The most important thing is that we have them in time for the next round of games.

Just so all the new guys have it clear, this is our Scarf:

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12892

I'll gladly take care of this since I have absolutely nothing to do for the next month or so (finished school, work doesn't start until August), as long as Everyone is ok with that. I won't bring up the unfortunate incident from before, but as we'll once again be dealing with a serious chunk of money, I would definitely ensure transparency and in any event MediaGuy knows where I live.

Toronto MB I could use your help, I'll be in touch when I hear back from the scarf people.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

If I remember correctly, the last batch that came out was around the $10 a piece mark (min order 100).

Given what the Vs currently have in the kitty I'd rather see money spent underwriting a fresh batch of Vs scarfs (for resale at a profit of course!) before another banner.

Just a thought. We have a design, I am sure alternatives for suppliers, and a very marketable and affordable product.

Definitely higher than the $16.00 last time...

$30.00 including shipping or something like that. Profits going towards web hosting maintenance or the like...

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

I am leaning towards our original manufacturer because they did a great job last time, but we'll see if another place is cheaper. The most important thing is that we have them in time for the next round of games.

If the original manufacturer has the plans from before, that may save you considerable hassle and be one less thing to worry about.

I'm sure we could sell a couple of hundred no problem.

Let me know what the cost is. Can you cover it, or will you need a hand ?

If the original manufacturer has the plans from before, that may save you considerable hassle and be one less thing to worry about.

I'm sure we could sell a couple of hundred no problem.

Let me know what the cost is. Can you cover it, or will you need a hand ?

I was one of the people that the first a-hole ripped off and then I was gun-shy about the second set that Jarrek handled superbly so I am without a scarf. I would be happy to get a couple scarves on this go around.

What ever happened to the thief from the first debacle?

Sorry Guys,

I have not been visiting the boards as often as I should.

You probably will NOT get a better price and service anywhere else than from my contact from Store4Fans.com, so I STRONGLY suggest ordering with him.

He has all the artwork needed for the Voyageurs scarves, and the quality controls in check. It's probably best that the same design is kept for now. I'll give him a quick heads up that one of you guys will be taking over the lead from me. The more scarves you order, the less per unit you will pay.

I suggest collecting the Money via Paypal, and then of course doing a bank transfer to Store4Fans.com.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Sorry Guys,

I have not been visiting the boards as often as I should.

You probably will NOT get a better price and service anywhere else than from my contact from Store4Fans.com, so I STRONGLY suggest ordering with him.

He has all the artwork needed for the Voyageurs scarves, and the quality controls in check. It's probably best that the same design is kept for now. I'll give him a quick heads up that one of you guys will be taking over the lead from me. The more scarves you order, the less per unit you will pay.

I suggest collecting the Money via Paypal, and then of course doing a bank transfer to Store4Fans.com.

I'm glad you posted Jarrek, because this is what I was hoping. Even if it was marginally more, ordering through here will probably quicken the process.

Brennanfan, what do you think ? Can you get us a quote ?

Jarrek is totally right.

This is the quote from store4fans:

Cost of 100 scarves:

100 scarves x $9(each) + $244 (cost of shipping) = $1144

We need max. 14 days to make scarves. Shipping by plane take about 7 days.

Fury, did you want to use the V's savings and pay up front, and then just sell to people when they get here? Doing a pre order and waiting for ppl to get their $ to us might take a while, but we do have some time.

Like others have stated, we should also be cutting a profit to re-invest into other projects. So $15 or $20 per scarf?

How many do we order? 100? 200? I'm sure we could sell 100 through here easy. There's lots of other people who would buy at the games as well.

I have also asked store4fans.com about making our big flag.

Rudi/whoever knows: where was the usector flag made? was it them?

Jarrek is totally right.

This is the quote from store4fans:

Cost of 100 scarves:

100 scarves x $9(each) + $244 (cost of shipping) = $1144

We need max. 14 days to make scarves. Shipping by plane take about 7 days.

Fury, did you want to use the V's savings and pay up front, and then just sell to people when they get here? Doing a pre order and waiting for ppl to get their $ to us might take a while, but we do have some time.

Like others have stated, we should also be cutting a profit to re-invest into other projects. So $15 or $20 per scarf?

How many do we order? 100? 200? I'm sure we could sell 100 through here easy. There's lots of other people who would buy at the games as well.

I have also asked store4fans.com about making our big flag.

Rudi/whoever knows: where was the usector flag made? was it them?

That is a fast turnaround, so why not start with 100. We can do a second order quick. In fact, we may sell our entire order prior to the Jamaica game, and then could order a second 100. Between Jamaica and Honduras, no problem for sales.

I will cover the cost, but I would like the scarves shipped to your place. There's no sense them sitting in Winnipeg, when there are no games here, and increasing our cost significantly with shipping & postage. You will be in charge of distribution, alright ?

You tell me how you would like me to pay. Can we drop a deposit ? That would be better and safer in case something goes sideways (not that I'm expecting problems).

Archived