Wagenaar training with Cercle Bruges

Bxl Boy

Cercle Bruges began his training for the 08/09 season. 5 testers were there, among them Joshua Wagenaar (but also two other keepers : Ferhat Kaya from PSV and the American Patrick Lane from Blackburn).

They have an agreement with Blackburn, so Lane has a slight advantage. But I hope Wagenaar gets the job, and save the terrific reputation of our keepers in Belgium.

Thanks for the news!

Don't know anything about Kaya but if we're speaking of the same Patrick Lane, he was playing at Loyola Marymount University and in the PDL lately. Don't know how he got in Blackburn?

Ok, got my answer, Lane is from the Brad Friedel soccer academy....not from Blackburn.

What's the situation with the Cercles de Bruge keepers? Is Josh battling for a back up spot?

Yes, the first keeper, Bram Verbist, is very young (25 year-old and under contract until 2012) and talented and was one of the pretender to both goalkeeper and “revelation goalkeeper” of the year distinctions.

But he got injured at the end of last year and the second keeper last year (Dantschotter) is on a loan for this season because he has to play more.

Their first choice to be 2nd keeper this year, as Dantschotter will probably come back in 2009, would have been an exprimented goalkeeper for a 1-season contract. There were discussions with Geert De Vlieger but he finally signed at FC Bruges.

Apparently, both Blackburn related players on trial in CS Bruges are paid (on the loan list) by the english club but it's not clear if they are playing there.

Here are pics of the day (3 pages - click on “volgende” to see the next one)

I don't know exactly what Wagenaar looks like, maybe you'll find him :

http://pics.voetbalkrant.com/v/Training+Cercle/

quote:Originally posted by Bxl Boy

Apparently, both Blackburn related players on trial in CS Bruges are paid (on the loan list) by the english club but it's not clear if they are playing there.

Here are pics of the day (3 pages - click on “volgende” to see the next one)

I don't know exactly what Wagenaar looks like, maybe you'll find him :

http://pics.voetbalkrant.com/v/Training+Cercle/

Picture on the upper right corner (first page), he's the second guy coming in with his gloves under his arm.

Thanks for the information about Cercle de Brugge.

Archived