Ottawa Citizen Article on Player's Want for Saputo

peachgrinder

While the pitch was quite good for the Canada match it took quite a beating from the match especially because of the rain. The Impact were playing on it two days later and it wasn't in very good condition for this game. I also remember some games in Edmonton in which the pitch was in terrible condition. If we are going to play on natural grass we need to make sure that the pitch has proper recovery time between games.

I also find it pretty incredible that both the MLS and USL seem unable or unwilling to co-ordinate their schedule with other football events. There is no reason for a conflict between a national team World Cup qualifier and an Impact game. I also find it inexcusable that our game against Carolina was scheduled during the Italy-Spain Euro game. The result was the first non-sellout of the Impact at Stade Saputo despite the best weather conditions we have had and at least one-third of the people with tickets not showing up for the game.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

I also find it inexcusable that our game against Carolina was scheduled during the Italy-Spain Euro game. The result was the first non-sellout of the Impact at Stade Saputo despite the best weather conditions we have had and at least one-third of the people with tickets not showing up for the game.

You can blame CBC/SRC for that. Its the same reason why TFC played during Holland-Russia one day earlier.

Archived