canada/jamaica Aug 20th set for.... Montreal...

djcuse

tintin jus relax why youre getting so personal i dont leave in canada never did i go there once in a while to visit so please dont jump to assumptions you just made yourself look like an idiot and we both dont want that we just talking football thats all big man so just state your opinion on the game and have some fun...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by jonomarch

tintin jus relax why youre getting so personal i dont leave in canada never did i go there once in a while to visit so please dont jump to assumptions you just made yourself look like an idiot and we both dont want that we just talking football thats all big man so just state your opinion on the game and have some fun...

Agreed. I'll add my opinion too...

Canada 5

Jamaica 0

in Toronto

Canada 3

Jamaica 1

In "The Office"

Home or Away, more support or less, we win [8D]

Well the CSA is handling the BMO leg of the qualifiers and not MLSE. Their's a possibility (hopefully a good one) that STH will get 1st shot at tickets for a pro-Canadian crowd.

I doubt the south end will have much problem selling out and with the game being during the week it should help keep away out of town Jamaican fans.

We'll have to see how this pans out though...

I just hope the CSA don't make the same mistake and have stupid pricing for the Costa Rica friendly.

It seems the CSA has "made the call" to Joey Saputo to inquire whether something can be done about playing the WCQ matches at Saputo Stadium. As most of you know, the only conflict is with this first game on Aug. 20th. In the article, Saputo is quoted as saying "We'll work it out."

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/soccer/2008/06/22/004-Saputo_Canada.shtml

This is surprising but good news. The players want the pitch and the shorter travel time. I am all for it even if it means I miss seeing them in Edmonton. We have to give them EVERY advantage. Making the hex is our goal, not appeasing various provincial soccer associations or MLSE.

I think they should promote buying tickets through a package deal that way it would limit the number of away supports that would be normally inclined to come out and support 'their' team.

It would give us a better chance of having CANADA only supporters. What do you guys think?

Jamaican, absolutely (more than 130k in Ontario, less than 10% that in Montreal).

Mexicans and Hondurans are less than 5k in Montreal, but the Big O was packed with Mexicans for the U20 WC. They'll travel from the Northeastern US and from their country to see the games.

^ I was proposing that earlier when we were speculating all the Q's would be in T.O.

I'm all for it, most of the opposition fans would balk at buying a package that includes other games in it and therefore costs significantly more. Also, single game tickets for an "away supporters section" should be limited to the most expensive seats if possible.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

single game tickets for an "away supporters section" should be limited to the most expensive seats if possible.

Better yet double the their price just because they are cheering for the visiting team. LOL! that will keep them away!!!

quote:Originally posted by massimo

I think they should promote buying tickets through a package deal that way it would limit the number of away supports that would be normally inclined to come out and support 'their' team.

It would give us a better chance of having CANADA only supporters. What do you guys think?

good call. why not sell all 3 as a package? Impact, TFC and (the few hardy enough to travel) Whitecaps season ticket holders get first crack?

i wouldnt be surprised if saputo moved the game...i get the impression that he has a bit of an ego and likes to stick it to toronto.

i hope this embarasses MLSE enough to actually get them to consider changing the pitch...

we must be the only country in the world who has a national soccer stadium that the national team refuses to play in...how is that not bigger news?

now i just realized that the september 6th game in montreal will be played on the same day as a tfc game so i'm not sure how well the bus i am organizing will go off...

daniel, you're gonna have to round up much more support there in light of this...

i would strongly suggest that if any tfc supporters are true canadian supporters that they give up their tickets for tfc and head to montreal. hopefully tfc will be in a good spot at this point of the year and they will have enough support minus a few canadian supporters.

this tfc game will likely not include: guavera, brennan, sutton and possibly harmse...

any thoughts guys?

who from the toronto area would potentially be in for this?

please keep in mind this is also the labour day long weekend as well....

quote:Originally posted by hodgkiss

now i just realized that the september 6th game in montreal will be played on the same day as a tfc game so i'm not sure how well the bus i am organizing will go off...

daniel, you're gonna have to round up much more support there in light of this...

i would strongly suggest that if any tfc supporters are true canadian supporters that they give up their tickets for tfc and head to montreal. hopefully tfc will be in a good spot at this point of the year and they will have enough support minus a few canadian supporters.

this tfc game will likely not include: guavera, brennan, sutton and possibly harmse...

any thoughts guys?

who from the toronto area would potentially be in for this?

please keep in mind this is also the labour day long weekend as well....

Well its not labour day weekend. Thats the weekend before. But I will be there for sure. Thats game is too important to miss out on.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Jamaican, absolutely (more than 130k in Ontario, less than 10% that in Montreal).

Mexicans and Hondurans are less than 5k in Montreal, but the Big O was packed with Mexicans for the U20 WC. They'll travel from the Northeastern US and from their country to see the games.

I've heard there are 100 000 Jamaicans in Montreal...

Well maybe it's Carribeans in general, there are a lot of Haitians also...

I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done for ticket sales through corporate or community avenues.

Here is my thought,

1) There will have to be sponsors for this game, and if there isn't a lot, they should be contacted. It would be a good incentive to give priority to employees of the companies. I know it's not a supporter voice, but it's likely a pro canadian one and more importantly, non jamacan. It could be a great way to eat up tickets and put them in the right hands. If Rogers sponsers it, family pack of 4 for cheap...

2) Going with the family theme "Let's go to The exhibition" is from the 15- sept 1. If we can sell special family packs for cheap it might be likely that people would see it as a take the family down for a night". Even if its passing out leaflets at jays games, trying for a crossover crowd, it's something to consider.

I know none of us are in charge of ticket sales, but we can be a voice, And detailed suggestions sent to higher ups might be benificial.

These are some rather pedestrian ideas, but if we can put together something concrete for a suggestion, it might help in solving our crowd issues.

quote:Originally posted by SoccerNewf

Somebody has to get on someone to bring one of these games to St. John's. I swear to you guys, we will bring out one hell of a crowd.

I'd like to think so.

But I really haven't encountered a lot of support for the MNT, and even the eurofollowers a few in numbers compared to other places.

I met one person who follows the MNT here, and he calls DeGuzman Deguz(as in guzzle)man. And He said he was a terrible player.

[B)]

quote:Originally posted by Califax

I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done for ticket sales through corporate or community avenues.

Here is my thought,

1) There will have to be sponsors for this game, and if there isn't a lot, they should be contacted. It would be a good incentive to give priority to employees of the companies. I know it's not a supporter voice, but it's likely a pro canadian one and more importantly, non jamacan. It could be a great way to eat up tickets and put them in the right hands. If Rogers sponsers it, family pack of 4 for cheap...

2) Going with the family theme "Let's go to The exhibition" is from the 15- sept 1. If we can sell special family packs for cheap it might be likely that people would see it as a take the family down for a night". Even if its passing out leaflets at jays games, trying for a crossover crowd, it's something to consider.

I know none of us are in charge of ticket sales, but we can be a voice, And detailed suggestions sent to higher ups might be benificial.

These are some rather pedestrian ideas, but if we can put together something concrete for a suggestion, it might help in solving our crowd issues.

#2 would be a good idea since the CNE would be running at the same time...

Archived