CAN SVG Post game

nolando

quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

In the 4-1-4-1 there is one lone striker (Friend with Gerba on the bench), but he is always supported by the two wide players who are really more like attacking midfielders or supporting forwards. The players fit to play in these roles are Radzinski, Hume, Issey and of course DeRo.

add Simpson to that list, I think...despite the South African stinker I think he could be a good option on the left in that role if needed.

Great observations!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by FootieFool

So, how do you get on the distribution list? is it just a matter of being registered in this forum, or is there something more formal that needs to be done to be an "official" Voyageur?

Drop Cheeta a line and ask him to confirm.

You have posted before, so you may be good.

Reffing was an absolute scandal. Quite shocking really, probably around 15-20 blatantly wrong calls, the ref really had no idea what was going on out there and the linesmen just stood there clueless when there was a foul right in front of them.

Poor defending from our guys. Everyone likes Serioux and he works hard, but he and Cann are not up to the task. Hainault is better, Hastings, Nsaliwa, we need to upgrade. Liked Kluka.

Our players need to play tactically and dictate the pace. If you get fouled brutally, stay down. Hold the refs accountable.

Looks like Issey gets spat on around the 16 min. mark of the first half.

I just want to add that I enjoyed the whole Montreal experience and will be back for the next round.

I think that the support is going in the right direction and things will surely grow from here on. The reality is that we don't get together very often to practise our chants as canadian supporters.It's not unlike the Canadian team itself. We have to get this large group of supporters from all over Canada and somehow become a cohesive unit.So,from that standpoint great job last night.

I think we made an impression to those that are not aware of the Voyageurs and might want to become part of the experience next time.

quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

So starting XI would look something like this in a 4-1-4-1

------------------Onstad---------------

-Stalteri----Serioux----Hastings---Klukowski-

-----------------Hutchinson-------------

---------DeGuzman-------Nsaliwa--------

-DeRosario---------------------Radzinski-

-----------------Friend----------------

Very nice, and well said. That's exactly how i felt after watching that game.

Nsaliwa would be a huge luxury for this team. I'd love to see him suit up. He'd also be good off the bench to replace any of the mids that are getting tired.

sadly, I could not attend this match live (it was my daughter's first birthday....it didn't dawn on me when the game was first announced but my wife made sure it dawned on me quick when I told her I was planning to book a flight to Montreal).

I watched the game on RSN (poor direction/production...Not nearly enough coverage of the supporters, too many wide shots of the field...Clearly I'm spoiled by the quality of Euro TV broadcasts. DeVos did a good job as analyst...Rob Faulds made me wish Dobber was doing play by play).

The fans were loud and clearly audible. I could make out every chant. I hummed a few to myself. Great job lads (and lasses).

The game was entertaining although the D (as mentioned by many) looked suspect. JDG didn't look quite right (maybe not 100% recovered from that injury he picked up vs. Brazil). DeRo was outstanding. Gerba was solid. Kluka looked good in the 1st half. Hutch looked good. Best game i've seen Issey play for Canada. All in all a proper result. I won't analyze it too much because they got the type of result we wanted (an authoritative trouncing of a weaker opponent).

I do hope Tam can get the citizenship stuff sorted out before August.

As for playing Jamaica in Toronto in August....I really must ask the CSA what it was thinking...in fact, i will do that tonight in an email to Mr. Montopoli.

Winnipeg Fury..I'm glad to hear we will hand over the V's mailing list to the CSA but more will be needed to ensure that the crowd is 98% pro-Canada. I'm going to start organizing to get my two youth teams and their parents to the game so that should eat up about 60 tickets. We really need to be very well organized to not let ourselves be overwhelmed by the strong Jamaican community in Toronto. BMO is our house. I'll be rallying the TFC crowd to buy their tickets early.

quote:Originally posted by hectorj

Regarding stadium...It's great we have a national stadium the national team does not want to play at. Hopefully, we can get a bigger grass stadium in Vancouver. 13,000 is too small.

1. Vancouver?

2. 13,000 too small? First, let's sell out the "small" 13,000 stadium.

quote:Originally posted by CanadianSoccerFan

VPjr,

Ask Montopoli if they can do a pre-sale to the TFC season ticket database and supporters groups. Between the season ticket holders and the massive waiting list we could nearly fill the place before it's open to the public.

This is all being worked on as we speak. I had discussions with John Billingsley at the practice a few days ago and waiting for his reply.

We will get the tickets prior to the public.

I've been very busy since watching the match last night, so I'm just reading all of this now.

To Miche: Congratulations. Pity to miss any games, but as someone who recently got married, I know there are some things almost as important as football.

PS: The video thing you pasted doesn't play for me. Maybe if I try the Sportsnet site directly.

Not sure about the high res stuff myself, but if you could add a couple of the pics to the Voyageurs facebook here, it would be greatly appreciated:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2695470268

Thanks

quote:Originally posted by MegasAlexandros

Here are my pics from the game:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=29112&l=125da&id=504384032

And here are also a couple of short videos:

If you guys (the Voyageurs) want any of my pics at full resolution, don't hesitate to ask.

:)

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

I take Gerba over Friend eyes closed. Still not impressed with Radzinski. The rest I can live with.

Hello everybody, I'm new here, European immigrant missing soccer so much. Yesterday it was the first time I saw Canada live at stadium (second match that I saw, the first one being against Brazil, that I downloaded). And yes, I became a Canadian supporter at once.

Just a few impressions:

- The only player I knew something before starting to follow Canadian soccer was Radzinski. I was not impressed at all. He flipped sides twice, once in each half, but nothing went well for him.

- Stalteri: class, precision, good player.

- Klukowski: hard worker, tried to help Radzinski.

- Gerba and De Rosario: they both did their job.

- De Guzman: nice play, still improvable (same for Bernier, who started with some wrong passes, but improved minute by minute)

Do not forget two key factors when judging this game:

1. It rained before the game and the pitch was very wet, so the ball control was affected;

2. It was a holiday game after a 3-0 win. I hope Team Canada will see the other six games differently.

Go Canada!

http://www.vimeo.com/1211817

Nice to see some new people coming to this board early in the WCQ campaign. We need to strengthen our numbers, pack designated sections of our stadiums with loud wild support and make every game in Canada a true HOME game.

Longtime reader but I only posted for the first time yesterday. Always enjoy reading the forum.

Was lucky enough to travel to Montreal to catch yesterday's match, my 2nd international match. I lived overseas for a few years so had to settle for downloads when available. Seeing the team play live is great and I hope they play many more matches in MTL.

I was in section 115 but might have to head over a section next time to be part of the action!

Nice game and a good way to finish off the opening round. Nothing even remotely close [8D]

1) Dero was the man both scoring and playmaking. No question.

2) JDG has the best first touch of any Canadian I've ever seen. I think he was still not 100% but a great calming influence. Panic just isn't in him. Calm, correct decisions the vast majority of the time.

3) Radz looked rough but had his moments. Seemed to play his best during the middle third of the game.

4) Hutch was better than he has been but not up to his Gold Cup form.

5) Stalteri was good. Showed good judgement about when to jump up and join the attack.

6) Cann. Well he got some MNT experience but not yet. He is young and will get better.

7) Ali. A real force in the forward position. With him and Friend healthy I'd be tempted to play both. See how the next team likes to deal with a giant and a first rate poacher! TFC sign this guy!!

8) Adrian was good on defense but actually got pushed around a bit. There is something you don't see often! I think they were trying to bait him into bad penalties. He didn't bite (smart man).

The officiating? Don't get me started. At least it didn't cost us the game this time:(

So, we have a couple of months off and then we start the second round at home vs Jamaica on August 20. Early season injuries will hopefully not play into our selection but player form could be an issue. That said, will DM stay the course of continuity and persist with a player or two who doesn't appear to be cutting it in our first two home matches, or will he make changes. Hopefully our key guys will be healthy and "on key" but I see a few potential weak links out there and I wonder if DM will have the balls to drop them from the starting XI. We shall see.

quote:Originally posted by tmcmurph

Nice game and a good way to finish off the opening round. Nothing even remotely close [8D]

1) Dero was the man both scoring and playmaking. No question.

2) JDG has the best first touch of any Canadian I've ever seen. I think he was still not 100% but a great calming influence. Panic just isn't in him. Calm, correct decisions the vast majority of the time.

3) Radz looked rough but had his moments. Seemed to play his best during the middle third of the game.

4) Hutch was better than he has been but not up to his Gold Cup form.

5) Stalteri was good. Showed good judgement about when to jump up and join the attack.

6) Cann. Well he got some MNT experience but not yet. He is young and will get better.

7) Ali. A real force in the forward position. With him and Friend healthy I'd be tempted to play both. See how the next team likes to deal with a giant and a first rate poacher! TFC sign this guy!!

8) Adrian was good on defense but actually got pushed around a bit. There is something you don't see often! I think they were trying to bait him into bad penalties. He didn't bite (smart man).

The officiating? Don't get me started. At least it didn't cost us the game this time:(

You are not the first to have this type of comment but Cann is not young, he is 27 years old. McKenna is only 28!! Cann had his shot, not up to snuff. Let's move on.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

[6) Cann. Well he got some MNT experience but not yet. He is young and will get better.

You are not the first to have this type of comment but Cann is not young, he is 27 years old. McKenna is only 28!! Cann had his shot, not up to snuff. Let's move on.

Okay that is correct. Why did I think he was in the 23 age range? At the age of 27 then he should be as good as he gets or close to it.

Archived