Canada's Greatest Player Ever

Trillium

quote:Originally posted by superfan

Kara had an ACL injury 2 summers ago, surgery and then worked hard to regain her fitness level and get back playing on the team. You can never tell whether you get 100% performance back or the mental perception of reinjuring it lingers on. Her position and Pelleruds

style of play have made her comeback difficult.

I understand she is a vegan .. and that complicates the diet issue when in recovery mode, I might be throwback but i think you need meat protien to fuel the competitive athlete...the diet requirements for vegitairans or vegans as the case may be .. are difficult to fulfill ...especially in a university cafeteria or when the player cooks for themselves.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by The Ref

He may get some offer from some Central American/Caribbean country to build a strong team. But he must realize that whoever they are not like the CSA. A few loses and he is gone.

Well count Guyana out as home for him and without spanish .. mmm cant see the centrals getting him .. Belize would be his best option, its got one city .. so no problems re getting players to camp.... a kick and run game might suit them, if he can go out and make the Garifunas sent their best talent him and combine it with a mix of German heritage players.

But bottom line he is most likely tto stay on with the Whitecaps running a girls youth program / academy for a few years then fading from the scene when he cant live on his past glories.

The big question is when he is gone will his wife still hold her appointment by the CSA as womens team manager.... letting her go would seem to confirm she was there only because he was coach and not on merit.

Keeping her seems equally problematic to any new coach who takes over .. even an in house one.

Are you saying there was no negative publicity surrounding Pellerlud in the Hooper allegations of "match fixing" by and the termination of Canadas Best Player plus 2 others over the residency program and the subsequent inquiry Nothinng? I think that Kerfoots objective was to come out looking like an upstanding supporter of the WNT but instead took a thrashing due to poor judgement by Pellerud on many occasions. Unless a coach has really something exceptional to offer, many organizations shy away from coaches that bring a lot of excess baggage and negative history (especially with top players). Pellerud qualifies on 2 out of the 3 above (the LAST 2).

Correct, there was not much negative stuff about Pellerud in the mainstream media, and if there was any it is now history anyway, quite overshadowed by the arbitrator's ruling and the subsequent success of the WNT including qualifying for the Olympics.

Just to remind you, the SDRCC arbitration ruled that the decisions made by Pellerud relating to membership, carding and funding of the Claimants were not affected by any bias, conflict of interest, apparent conflict of interest or improper motive as asserted by the Claimants. In other words the three claimants lost, hardly bad publicity about Pellerud.

The biggest anti-Pellerud fuss was right here on this board.

Pellerud is the CSA Women's Program Director. One only needs to look at the creation of the WP, his outspoken nature w/ CSA, support for the players needs, it's funding, sponsorship & the WP success during his tenure to see what he has done. The results of the WP (U17, U20 & Seniors)are simple facts that stand against opinions.

OK guy's, I've been really patient here but enough is enough. He's leaving because of the stagnation of "the program". If you continue to one-side and slant things, I'll be only to glad to correct you. But I'd much rather everyone just moved on and let the man leave in peace.

Pellerud directly killed the spirit of the team and then the individual players. Success of the WNT is paltry and their only success comes directly from the innate skill of the players on the park and as always can never be attributed to Pellerud or the CSA only despite them.

Vegan recovery theory or not Kara is no where near the player she was and it will be interesting to see how much attitude plays a part in her recovery when mini me is gone.

quote:Originally posted by standfortruecanada

How dare anybody come here and knock Kara Lang. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Interesting that Ms. Sinclair was snubbed by the Canadian Olympic Ctte.. Canadas greatest soccer player and she is not carrying the flag into the stadia in Bejing.

Opps wait the flag carrier is gold medal winner.. guess the five ring boys and girls look to results then hand out rewards and prestige, a concept Even might need to learn.

Of course he has been playing smoke and mirrors in the murky mist of Vancouver for years .. he might need to move to see how he needs to change as coach and person.

Archived