Montréal-Vancouver cup match TV?

After not being able to watch the WCQ match on TV yesterday, do I now not get to see the Montréal-Vancouver cup game on TV tomorrow as well? I was looking at the list that piltdownman (excellent post, by the way) did, and that match has no TV listed at all.

WM Recorder would do... or Replay AV... or you could use Total Recorder at the same time as your media player is open...

Actually, I'll try to record it on my laptop here at my Montreal hostel while I'm at the match. I'm not sure how reliable the internet bandwidth is here though, as it seems th clog up with BitTorrent packets towards the evening.

So is it the Impact's fault for not securing any type of television coverage, or do the networks just not care? One would think that with the success and publicity TFC have received due to the television contracts they have, that it is foolish for Montreal to not have any type of television coverage nationally at all. Do the Impact want to keep themselves centered more around a Quebec audience rather than promote themselves nationally?

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

So is it the Impact's fault for not securing any type of television coverage, or do the networks just not care? One would think that with the success and publicity TFC have received due to the television contracts they have, that it is foolish for Montreal to not have any type of television coverage nationally at all. Do the Impact want to keep themselves centered more around a Quebec audience rather than promote themselves nationally?

CBC owns TV rights for the VCup. The individual teams do not negotiate coverage for cup games.

The Impact have a national TV contract with SRC for their USL games.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Have to wonder what Nigel & JDV are up to on Tuesday? Maybe the broadcast is more expensive to put together than I would think, but what's the point of having this Bold channel if you're not going to show stuff like this?

I think the big question is how much sponsorship funding did Nutrilite actually put into the tournament.

Somebody has to actually pay the production costs. You can't expect CBC to pay out $75k in production costs if there no hope of getting a reasonable amount of that money back via title sponsorship or revenue from commercials. I'd bet that Bold doesn't charge more than $100 for 30 seconds! Nobody watches. That's why they changed it from Country Canada. Nobody watched it either.

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Couldn't the Impact have put this on USLlive.com for fairly cheap? They already have the TV cameras to do this, no?

Again, the rights were not with the Impact, but with the CSA/CBC.

Archived