Victoria Meet-Up, June 20th SVG Game

CanadasBest

Was wondering if some of you guys want to get together for the SVG game on Friday. I think Kick-Off will be 4:30, but we need to find somewhere that will have Sportsnet West, since it is not on live on Sportsnet Pacific.

Shark Club Perhaps? Anyone have any ideas?

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

It's a pity that there are no real good soccer friendly bars in Victoria.

I thought that we did OK when we were going to Bartholomew's in the Executive House Hotel on Douglas (I cannot remember why we stopped going there). They had a big(ish) screen at one end where we could be out of the way. That said, pizza and beer at someone's house is OK by me. :D

quote:Originally posted by ted

I thought that we did OK when we were going to Bartholomew's in the Executive House Hotel on Douglas (I cannot remember why we stopped going there). They had a big(ish) screen at one end where we could be out of the way. That said, pizza and beer at someone's house is OK by me. :D

Bartholomews? We're much too young and sober to be at Bartholomews.

Hmmmm. Unless Pilt manages to score us some free drinks from the cougars. :D

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

I only say my place because I was disappointed to leave my big tv to watch Canada on a 12" at the shark club last time.

Yeah, my 48" LCD was wasted that day (but I have 3 kids who get in the way and want to watch Dora or SpongeBob).

Your place then? :)

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

I'll be at Pilt's place. Who else is coming?

I'll be there - with a felt-tip marker ;)

Paddy?

Anyone else?

edit: I may be a few minutes late unless I can get off work early (if it kicks of @ 4:30)

quote:Originally posted by ted

I'll be there - with a felt-tip marker ;)

Paddy?

Anyone else?

edit: I may be a few minutes late unless I can get off work early (if it kicks of @ 4:30)

I am going to try and make it. My schedule is up in the air at the moment as a relative is coming to town and the flight was delayed for a day.

^ According to the Sportsnet website the game is on for 4:30 if we get the digital signal from Sportsnet WEST. Otherwise we will have to wait until 8:00 pm.

From the listings:

SN/WEST: 4:30 p.m. PT Soccer Canada 2008 Can v St. Vincent/ Grenadines (120 mins)

SN/PACIFIC: 8:00 p.m. PT Soccer Canada 2008 Can v St. Vincent/ Grenadines (120 mins)

^ According to the Sportsnet website the game is on for 4:30 if we get the digital signal from Sportsnet WEST. Otherwise we will have to wait until 8:00 pm.

From the listings:

SN/WEST: 4:30 p.m. PT Soccer Canada 2008 Can v St. Vincent/ Grenadines (120 mins)

SN/PACIFIC: 8:00 p.m. PT Soccer Canada 2008 Can v St. Vincent/ Grenadines (120 mins)

Archived