Impact New Coach Is ...

tmcmurph

I don't know much about his coaching experience and qualifications. It appears there was not much chance of the Impact hiring anyone with pedigree like Toronto and Vancouver did. However, at least he has played at a much higher level than most of the other possible candidates having played in the Greek first division and had a pretty long career with our national team. That doesn't necessarily mean he will be a good coach but hopefully he learned some things from these experiences.

John Limniatis is the head coach but he's not alone to drive the Impact. He has 1 full-time assistant, Andrea Di Pietrantonio and 1 part-time, Marc Dos Santos. The three of them know each other and they do communicate between them.

It appears that the 2 assistants really know the game, tactic wise, while Limniatis should be considered as the 'Father' (No, no, players don't have to kiss his ring, I think).

From what I know:

- Limniatis has a Canadian B licence.

- Di Pietrantonio has a Canadian A licence.

- Dos Santos has UEFA B licence and has completed 1 part out of 2 of UEFA A licence.

In conclusion, I think we have the best coaches available from Quebec to manage this team! Hopefully, they will win (even against the Caps, :) , tmcmurph).

quote:Originally posted by rick titus

Dos Santos should've got the job he is a very good coach, and the players will like Limniatis even less than they like Nick. Lets see where the sh-t lands!!!

Maybe that is Saputo's plan. If the players don't like his first choice fine here try this one for a while! See how you like it now. An owner's way of establishing who is in charge? Play for whoever I decide is coach or it could get worse for you?

I like the group of coaches they have. Hopefully they will start finishing their chances and salvage the season.

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

Limno's 2 and 0, no goals allowed.

Makes you wonder if the players "played" DeSantis out as coach. Having some of those injured players like Nevio back doesn't hurt either.

Nah, he just sucked and lost control.

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

Makes you wonder if the players "played" DeSantis out as coach. Having some of those injured players like Nevio back doesn't hurt either.

I think that might be half-true. I'm pretty sure that they weren't as motivated to play for NDS as they have been since the change. NDS rubbed a lot of players the wrong way.

I never got along with Limniatis when I was with Montreal, but I think he's doing a great job, and I congratulate him on his success! He has made some good changes, and Joey's timing was a little late, but his choice of coach seems to be working out pretty good!

Archived