Roster for Florida camp

loyola

quote:Originally posted by Ed

McKenna is 28, Serioux is 29, Hastings is in his 30's. Does he fit with these guys? No.

The future CB pairing should be Hainault (the reincarnation of Tim Horton) and Edgar.

Looking at the ages of the centre halfs you've listed I'd say they're just about ripe. Maybe even a bit on the young side. Just generalizing, all individuals are different.

I think if Hainault gets a serious chance to develop at whatever is a reasonable pace for him (and who knows how quickly he'll come up to speed as he's further and further challenged in his club career) that he could turn out to be one Hell of a centre back.

Still have very high hopes for David Edgar as well but I think we all felt he's stalled a little in Toon Towne. Whether that impression is justified or not is impossible to say without knowing the gaffers mind, but players don't become better players by not playing.

So with all this being said, a Hainault/Edgar pairing is years away from where I sit. Certainly not in a time frame which includes this WC. One or the other may blend in under certain circumstances, as might Cann. So what's the harm in having a look-see at Cann at this point.

I'm sure Mitch/Hart have a very good idea what both Hainault and Edgar can bring.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

McKenna is 28, Serioux is 29, Hastings is in his 30's. Does he fit with these guys? No.

The future CB pairing should be Hainault (the reincarnation of Tim Horton) and Edgar.

Hainault is the reincarnation of Tim Horton? Hmmm . . . so that would make Edgar . . . Allan Stanley? Come to think of it, Hainault is stocky and strong like Tim was, and Edgar and Stanley are the same height, 6'2"-- so . . . I like it . . . but can they drink?:D

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Yes, let's stick with Habs comparisions instead:

DeGuzman - The Rocket himself. Small but gritty-tough and skilled and the key to our team.

If Deguzeman is The Rocket, does that make Atiba Jean Belliveau?

Archived