Pellerud confirms he'll be stepping down

The Ref

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by fan

No I dont.You need to comprehend English.

I did not mention a starting point.

I know who started the fire and I know who the manipulators and the instigators were.

Its not opinion its fact.

Hooper will unfortunately likely not have her success with Canada and that is a disgrace.

The point is she could be as a good a coach as any of the previous coach's with little experience who preceded her.

I will pit my command of English against you any day. I also know more than you think about what transpired with Hooper et al and I would hope that the next coach will be better than Pellerud, not just perhaps as good as the lesser lights who preceded him.

quote:

Quite an accusation. OK, let's be Men about this. If you can find one single post of mine here mentioning her as a candidate for coach, then I will never mention her again. And if you can't, then you never mention her again. That sounds fair.

Once again, I challenge you. Find me the exchange of posts with you on the subject.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

I will pit my command of English against you any day. I also know more than you think about what transpired with Hooper et al and I would hope that the next coach will be better than Pellerud, not just perhaps as good as the lesser lights who preceded him.

I cannot pit my command of English against yours sir. But I can pit my knowledge of what transpired between Mr. Pellerud et al and the three players and what transpired subsequently leading to the hearing against yours any day any time. Regrettably I am not at liberty to discuss it due to being privileged information.

I really think that it is unfair in a discussion to "claim" secret information that cannot be disclosed because of privilege. This smack of Senator McCarthy's "I have a list of members of the Communist Party." Debate is fine if it is kept civil and reasonable rules are followed by all participants.

quote:Originally posted by terpfan68

I really think that it is unfair in a discussion to "claim" secret information that cannot be disclosed because of privilege. This smack of Senator McCarthy's "I have a list of members of the Communist Party." Debate is fine if it is kept civil and reasonable rules are followed by all participants.

Chuckles.. are you really drawing a connection, I am pretty sure some others on this site have said much the same, I bet if went looking I could find a simalar statement by ... and lets not name him.

The debate point is Richard claims to know all the story and the whys and believes Hooper and others were whiners...with no valid point, others claim to know other details that validates the claims by Hooper et al, and lets remember the process was a sport arbitration not a court of law, and most telling was failure of Pelerud to appear in person during the process.

From my point of view the people representing the players failed in understanding the process and did not present the issues with suffcient background and support to the arbitrator.

"Furthermore, after her nasty and very public legal challenge of the CSA I doubt her application for the job, if she had the gall to submit one, would even make it out of the CSA mail room. "

posted by richard

All that said the game was played a result given... its in the past, but to suggest that Hoopers access of the official sport redress process in this country ... would lead to as Richard has said her application for a coaching job to not make it out the mail room, is a very serious example of re-taliation and the fact Richard who is so closely involved and knowledgeable is making such predictions it shows that retribution and clearly discriminatory acts are the status quo of Richards buddies. Its frankly shocking that he runs a soccer website and purports to be so closely connected, and supports such retaliatory acts.

Richard you should be ashamed.

I don't think money should be an obstacle to getting a decent foreign coach. This is women's soccer not men's. Aside from the USA, China and German national teams, I doubt there are very many coaches

in the women's game who are earning big salaries. A salary in Pellerud's range would be sufficient to attract a lot of highly qualified applicants.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Chuckles.. are you really drawing a connection, I am pretty sure some others on this site have said much the same, I bet if went looking I could find a simalar statement by ... and lets not name him.

The debate point is Richard claims to know all the story and the whys and believes Hooper and others were whiners...with no valid point, others claim to know other details that validates the claims by Hooper et al, and lets remember the process was a sport arbitration not a court of law, and most telling was failure of Pelerud to appear in person during the process.

From my point of view the people representing the players failed in understanding the process and did not present the issues with suffcient background and support to the arbitrator.

"Furthermore, after her nasty and very public legal challenge of the CSA I doubt her application for the job, if she had the gall to submit one, would even make it out of the CSA mail room. "

posted by richard

All that said the game was played a result given... its in the past, but to suggest that Hoopers access of the official sport redress process in this country ... would lead to as Richard has said her application for a coaching job to not make it out the mail room, is a very serious example of re-taliation and the fact Richard who is so closely involved and knowledgeable is making such predictions it shows that retribution and clearly discriminatory acts are the status quo of Richards buddies. Its frankly shocking that he runs a soccer website and purports to be so closely connected, and supports such retaliatory acts.

Richard you should be ashamed.

What a load of utter BS you spout! Clearly you are unable, but more likely unwilling because it suits your purpose, to differentiate between expressed opinion and statement of fact.

quote:

My point is only one person is claiming that the information he/she posses is "privileged".

Actually... Richard intimated the same thing:

quote:

I also know more than you think about what transpired with Hooper et al..

RE: CSA $$$, salaries, expensies, cronie gettogethers

How is it they are able to keep all the details under wraps and publish such a generic financial statement a 6 year old could read it. Where is our "freedom of information" act when we need it? From what I hear, Pellerud (by himself excepting the Mrs.) was getting $200,000 per year + bonuses, + housing allowance (which was going to pay the mortgage on an investment property in VCR) + expenses (ie: home office, phone, computer etc.) Now add in a free house and salary to the Mrs. it is going to be tough going back to Norway. If financial info from CSA is never to be known, players will never get a salary, the women will never get a great coach and we can expect more of the back door financial incentives.

What a load of utter BS you spout! Clearly you are unable, but more likely unwilling because it suits your purpose, to differentiate between expressed opinion and statement of fact.

So it is your "expressed opinion" that the CSA mailroom staff would not forward on an application from Hooper for a position with the CSA ?

Given your expressed opinion, do you agree with such a blocking of her as a candidate for the WNT position ?

With your expressed opinion firmly in your mind can you answer if you agree such a blocking of her application is indeed a retaliatory act ?

Richard you need to step up and answer honestly should her use of the redress process .... stop her from applying for a job with the CSA, and if so do you agree with such a move ?

In the hope of transparency and honesty on your part I remain happily celebrated FLU going to the Copa Final after spending the night in the Maracana...singing with Torca Jovem Flu.

quote:Originally posted by superfan

RE: CSA $$$, salaries, expensies, cronie gettogethers

How is it they are able to keep all the details under wraps and publish such a generic financial statement a 6 year old could read it. Where is our "freedom of information" act when we need it? From what I hear, Pellerud (by himself excepting the Mrs.) was getting $200,000 per year + bonuses, + housing allowance (which was going to pay the mortgage on an investment property in VCR) + expenses (ie: home office, phone, computer etc.) Now add in a free house and salary to the Mrs. it is going to be tough going back to Norway. If financial info from CSA is never to be known, players will never get a salary, the women will never get a great coach and we can expect more of the back door financial incentives.

Its possible because the federal government fails to properly monitor the finacial actions of National Sport Organisations, Industry Trade and Commerce has a statutory responsibilty which is not being properly applied the politicians just dont see it as important to demand the staff review the Corporate letters Patent and ensure a standardized method of reporting finances is applied to all National Sport Bodies.

Also implicated in the failures are the Canadian Accounting community who continue to provide weak accountancy standards for non-profits in Canada.

^ Sigh! You just don't get it do you.

I get it Richard your just too boxed in by your own spouting to admit what you believe and think will happen and to accept its a unacceptable position to hold.

Again answer the questions or accept your pontifications are just that ... done in the support of a soon to be changed regime, in the hope of continuing more of the same.

Sad Richard really sad if you actually care about the game and respect it, something sadly it appears you do not as the best you can do is sigh and say I dont get it ...in fact I get it I do get it .. you support a retaliatory act against a major Canadian sport figure because she used the offical redress system.

I would hate to see how long you hold and maniplate grudges within your positions with the BC based soccer organisations your involved in, the questions go to your credibility Richard your failure to answer makes it clear you lack credibility.

Agian I say .. you should be ashamed.

Again you fail to comprehend.

I was not questioning or referring to your command of the English language.

I clearly stated "comprehension" clearly in reference to the point not the language.

A person could have a weak level of comprehension but have an excellent command of the English language Ted Baxter or Stone Phillips. Usually these people are referred to as talking heads. You do remind me a lot of Ted Baxter.

But I appreciate your skill in flipping a question about your inadequacies into a opportunity to boast about your semantical level, oops I am sorry your "command of the English Language".

I do wonder about your self confidence when you voluntarily choose to compare your "level of command" over someone who you have little or no comprehension of that individuals command of the English language other than a chat room. Chat rooms would not be my first choice to look for an example of good English .

All I am saying is shoot higher Richard you are better than this.

I too would be interested in your answers to Trillium. However I know, like an open honest answer from the CSA, this too shall pass without satisfaction.

quote:Originally posted by fan

All I am saying is shoot higher Richard you are better than this.

I too would be interested in your answers to Trillium. However I know, like an open honest answer from the CSA, this too shall pass without satisfaction.

The shamefull silence continues, when are you going to have an answer Richard ?

Wow, let's put a couple of you guys in a cage and see who comes out.

Or we could put you in a sandbox and see who can throw the most sand.

Its not a question of a cage or a sand box.. Richard likes to make out how pure he is in his views and approach to the game and people in it, he is clearly advocating the the CSA would reject out of hand an application for a job position, becuase the person applying used a redress process.

How would you like your daughters in the Military to be black listed by superiors and retaliated against for filing a complaint to the Military Ombudsman ?

Its the same moral question, I am pretty sure you would suggest its wrong to treat a member of the military unfairly and to retaliate against them for complaining or seeking redress, here we have Richard upstanding BC soccer personality saying nah its okay dump her applicaition in the mail room cause Ms. Hooper dared to use the sport redress system.

Remember this is the same Ms. Hooper who FIFA has on one of its members of the FIFA football committee..

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/federation/bodies/committee=1882038.html

Football Committee Chairman Franz BECKENBAUER Germany

Deputy Chairman Rafael SALGUERO Guatemala

Jacques ANOUMA Côte d'Ivoire

Bobby CHARLTON England

EUSEBIO (Eusebio da Silva Ferreira) Portugal

HONG Myung Bo Korea Republic

PELE (Edson Arantes do Nascimento) Brazil

Roberto PERFUMO Argentina

José RAMIZ WRIGHT Brazil

Hugo SÁNCHEZ Mexico

George WEAH Liberia

Zbigniew BONIEK Poland

Anastasia TSICHLAS South Africa

ABEDI PELE (Abedi Pele Ayew) Ghana

Sven Göran ERIKSSON Sweden

Charmaine HOOPER Canada

Majid ABDULLAH Saudi Arabia

Roger MILLA Cameroon

Hege RIISE Norway

Dragan STOJKOVIC Serbia

Doris FITSCHEN Germany

Philippe PIAT France (FIFPro)

Pavel CEBANU Moldova

Ali DAEI Iran

Christian KAREMBEU France (France/New Caledonia)

Vlatko MARKOVIC Croatia

Iñaki SAEZ Spain

Dejan SAVICEVIC Montenegro

Dwight YORKE Trinidad and Tobago

Be shock to Richard you dont get on a FIFA ctte being a person whose applications get tossed out, in fact she sits on a very high ctte of FIFA as former Canadian National Player should be extolled, its not by the CSA or the staff of the WNT sad...

Sand box..or cage does not matter what matters is the moral position of someone like Richard, at this point seems he is to ashamed to respond and defend his presumptions about her possible application.

Of course I wouldn't like my daughter or anyone to be blacklisted and as a teacher I am well aware of what happens to complainers even when their complaint is justified. -- The get the schedule from hell or the class from hell. Everyone should have a chance to appeal and the appeal should be heard on its merits. I just wish that the discussion would stick with facts and not either speculation or "special" knowledge. Charmaine might make a great coach or maybe not. I do wonder though how she would react to criticism of her own performance as a coach remembering that she pretty much got rid of one coach and tried with another. (as I understand it)

Of course I wouldn't like my daughter or anyone to be blacklisted and as a teacher I am well aware of what happens to complainers even when their complaint is justified. -- The get the schedule from hell or the class from hell. Everyone should have a chance to appeal and the appeal should be heard on its merits. I just wish that the discussion would stick with facts and not either speculation or "special" knowledge. Charmaine might make a great coach or maybe not. I do wonder though how she would react to criticism of her own performance as a coach remembering that she pretty much got rid of one coach and tried with another. (as I understand it)

Um .. stick to facts and not speculation .. yet you speculate she got rid of one coach and tried with another .. did she really try to have Pelerud removed or did she object to his actions by using a redress process.. your falling into the trap you claim to want others to avoid...stick to facts.

She should be allowed to be interviewed for a position with the CSA if she applies and only rejected based on a fair and open process subject to an independent fairness referee, for hiring for any position in the CSA can we agree that is the fact we want to be true with the CSA ?

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

How would you like your daughters in the Military to be black listed by superiors and retaliated against for filing a complaint to the Military Ombudsman?

Okay, let's say I had daughter in the military who had a history of publically insulting her commanding officer, going AWOL, and attempting repeated mutinies. Let's say she was relieved of command following the latest of these incidents and then launched a failed legal action to be reinstated. Now let's say she turns around a while later and applies for a position on the general staff, for which she has neither the experience nor the credentials.

Yeah. That's a tough call.

Archived