Calling all Trinidadian Elite Footballers

As much as I detest the thought of people shopping around for a country, people are free to post their feelings about it... If you don't like the posting of diverse opinions, why don't you go back to your 1-person forum so you don't have to deal with people that are different from you...

quote:Originally posted by L.T.

FWIW, he asked for permission... and I wanted to see what kind of response it would get...

Ahhh..So all in the name of a curiosity, eh? A scientific experiment.

Well, L.T. me-bhoy. You're either very ballsy or have a predisposition towards self abuse.

You'd have to be Chuck Norris to keep a topic like that off the boil around here.

Why is this topic in the MNT forum a-gin?

Cheeta, I'm sure that poster would have been ripped a new one on this board :)

But there is a distinct lack of connection between a lot of the grassroots and the National teams (at least among members of my forum) so I wanted to see if there would be any reaction. The fact that there have been no responses kind of vindicates my concerns...

It's funny, the girls forums are filled with parents discussing the fortunes of their girls' teams, but these people seem to have little or no interest in the rest of the soccer world. It makes me wonder if popularity of women's soccer is strong enough to sustain a strong professional and/or senior program. Most people seem to be interested only to the point of when their daughter gets an opportunity for a college scholarship. But I digress...

quote:Originally posted by Joe MacCarthy

At that bastion of wisdom and common sense, Ontario Soccer Talk, they have a post about Trinidad and Tobacco recruiting Canadian players.

http://offthepitch.ca/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5278

Please, please, please tell me that couldn't happen at this forum without being deleted or reaction with extreme prejudice.

Yours in indignation

Joe Mac

So a site dedicated to the game, played in Ontario is criticised for announcing the National federation of country we have 250,000 plus thousand expats from, is out scouring the world for soccer talent ?

Geez guys get some freaking consistency....we bitch all the time about the CSA failure to scout, here Trinidad and Tobago is out doing it, I know of at least one Ontario player in the Provincial pool who should still be age eligble and recruitable, its a perfectly valid initiative and the Ontario Soccer Web run by LT is right in posting the information.

Heck it could be away for that one undiscovered gem in our club programs to shine and finally be seen by the CSA, and then recruited for the National team pool....

Good on you LT... you got it right, the posters here have got it wrong...its about the game and letting players find the highest level to play at that they can achieve.

quote:Originally posted by Joe MacCarthy

At that bastion of wisdom and common sense, Ontario Soccer Talk, they have a post about Trinidad and Tobacco recruiting Canadian players.

http://offthepitch.ca/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5278

Please, please, please tell me that couldn't happen at this forum without being deleted or reaction with extreme prejudice.

Yours in indignation

Joe Mac

So a site dedicated to the game, played in Ontario is criticised for announcing the National federation of country we have 250,000 plus thousand expats from, is out scouring the world for soccer talent ?

Geez guys get some freaking consistency....we bitch all the time about the CSA failure to scout, here Trinidad and Tobago is out doing it, I know of at least one Ontario player in the Provincial pool who should still be age eligble and recruitable, its a perfectly valid initiative and the Ontario Soccer Web run by LT is right in posting the information.

Heck it could be away for that one undiscovered gem in our club programs to shine and finally be seen by the CSA, and then recruited for the National team pool....

Good on you LT... you got it right, the posters here have got it wrong...its about the game and letting players find the highest level to play at that they can achieve.

quote:Originally posted by CanadianSoccerFan

Yup and a tribunal recently ruled in favour of the players so Jack "Corruption" Warner has to pay up

It sure did! Jack was trying to argue that TTFF only made $US 18K from the World Cup and was paying out each player involved $US 600 [:0]. Well, turns out no one believes him and the tribunal pegged the figure at closer to $US 28M. Jack Warner is a criminal.

Archived