TFC vs. Pachuca & Independiente

Gian-Luca

Playing Pachuca is better for us than Aston Villa or Benfica. Before entering the CCC (hopefully - Mtl & Van will give it their best shot), it is useful to see the level of the current CONCACAF champs. Independiente is an interesting call as well. I know Boca Jnrs or River Plate would have garnered more attention, but they probably also command a higher appearance fee.

There may be a few Euro snobs that only want top Euro clubs in the EPL, La Liga, or Serie A, but I'm sure that the real soccer fans would appreciate seeing something different. Perhaps MLSE should bring in Euro clubs for friendlies every second year, so that TFC fans can experience a greater variety of world soccer.

These will be good games. I just hope that we use a few reserve players so that the club doesn't get F***ed-up with injuries to key players in these friendlies like last year.

The people who complain about these friendlies are exposed for who they truely are, not fans of the game but just a bunch of rampant homers who judge everything by the color of a flag.

Personally, I'll really enjoy watching else, despite not really knowing much about either team. In one case we are looking at potential future competition, and in the other you have one of the more famous clubs in Argentina coming to play. Both sides are quality.

These games will be huge. They should be huge. It is a great measuring stick for TFC. I'd like to think it would be a measuring stick for Canadian Soccer but with only a few canadian players on TFC...

I believe there was a comment made that the CSA had no one on staff that spoke spanish, it looks like TFC does. Hey CSA, time to follow the model.

On a side note...( and i think such interclub games are great ). I picked up a copy of the Brasilian A series profile of clubs etc..with the details on all players and when the contracts run out... Hopefully Mo Johnston got a copy from his Brasilian contacts some talent looks to be available. I have been tracking some young players who played in recent U20 national cup, interesting how quickly they moved from playing in small town .. in a lower level regional league to the big show.

Archived