St. VAG Pre-Game Gathering?

Tyson M

With one month left until the big match I was wondering if anyone was up for a little planning for before we hit the 'Poot' (which is my nickname for the Stade Saputo). Just wondering if any of our Montreal fans might have a suggestion of where we could meet up for a few pints and march together to the stade?

quote:Originally posted by SilverSamurai

Anyways is their parking so we can drive to the stadium after?

And whats this I hear about no streamers? [:0]

Park midway between the bar and the stadium [:o)]. Or you can always park near the bar - aren't you coming for the post-game? ;)

As for streamers, we'll see. This WAS the first ever game. I'll repeat what I said in another thread - streamers are like mullets, they're passé.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Park midway between the bar and the stadium [:o)]. Or you can always park near the bar - aren't you coming for the post-game? ;)

As for streamers, we'll see. This WAS the first ever game. I'll repeat what I said in another thread - streamers are like mullets, they're passé.

I'm not sure about post game since we're doing a same day drive as pretty much everyone but me has STH and TFC has a game the following day. We might be able to stop by for post game. But for pre-game, it's almost a sure thing.

As for streamers, it's our thing here in TO. Although sitting in 114, I don't think they'll even reach!

What am I saying, we're not sitting, we're gonna be standing!

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Finally, we've found a pretty cool bar. Looks like a dump from the outside, pretty cool from the inside.

5 minutes from Pie-IX metro and 20 minute walk to SS.

Pub 99: http://www.ultrasmontreal.com/pub.php

I was also at the post-game Ultras meeting with Daniel and will second his opinion that Bar 99 is pretty cool inside even if it doesn't look like much from outside. It is also very big so should be fine even if we get a lot of supporters out. You can get food there so hopefully it won't be a problem for children. It is about a 15 to 20 minute walk from the bar to the stadium as Saputo stadium is on the other side of the Olympic Park but there aren't many bars in area and this is certainly the best of the bunch.

Guest speedmonk42

At a WCQ I am pretty darn sure we do NOT want streamers to land on the field.

Pasting an opposing teams player on a corner kick is tolerated in the MLS, but won't be at a FIFA WCQ.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by hamiltonfan

ok ok flairs it is...

Of course, we always play with flair!

Archived