Canada at USA women May 10 results

Trillium

US soccer reporting the score USA 6 Canada 0 .

The USA defeated Australia 5 to 4 a week ago.

Clearly we are progressing under the leadership of Even Pelerud in preparation for the Olympics, at this rate we wont get games with US soccer anymore.

Over to those who support Pelerud for a explanation of this one.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

US soccer reporting the score USA 6 Canada 0 .

The USA defeated Australia 5 to 4 a week ago.

Clearly we are progressing under the leadership of Even Pelerud in preparation for the Olympics, at this rate we wont get games with US soccer anymore.

Over to those who support Pelerud for a explanation of this one.

Natasha Kai Hat-Trick Paves Way For 6-0 Rout Over Canada at RFK Stadium

Its not like you cant key on this player her pics show her to be pretty distinctive with her flyin ways and her tatoos... I dont think the US players were bleedin in winning this one.. check out the promo video on USsoccer.com .. what ever happened to real girls..

WASHINGTON, D.C. (May 10, 2008) - After a 1-1 tie in April, the U.S. Women were not about to let Canada get anywhere near their goal. A hat-trick by Natasha Kai paved the way for a 6-0 rout at RFK Stadium as the U.S. concluded their first domestic tour of 2008. More shortly.

- U.S. WOMEN'S NATIONAL TEAM GAME REPORT -

Match-up: USA vs. Canada

Competition: International Friendly

Venue: RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C.

Date: May 10, 2008; Kickoff – 7:00 p.m. ET

Attendance: 9,332

Weather: Cloudy, cool – 60 degrees

Scoring Summary:

1 2 F

USA 1 5 6

CAN 0 0 0

USA – Lindsey Tarpley (Abby Wambach) 23rd minute.

USA – Natasha Kai (Carli Lloyd) 54.

USA – Natasha Kai (Heather Mitts) 60.

USA – Carli Lloyd (Abby Wambach) 63.

USA – Natasha Kai (Abby Wambach) 75.

USA – Leslie Osborne (Amy Rodriguez) 87.

Lineups:

USA: 18-Hope Solo; 17-Lori Chalupny, 3-Christie Rampone – Capt., 15-Kate Markgraf, 2-Heather Mitts; 9-Heather O’Reilly (16-Angela Hucles, 76), 7-Shannon Boxx, 11-Carli Lloyd, 5-Lindsay Tarpley (12-Leslie Osborne, 70); 6-Natasha Kai (19-Amy Rodriguez, 76), 20-Abby Wambach.

Subs not used: 1-Briana Scurry, 4-Cat Whitehill, 13-Tobin Heath, 14-Stephanie Cox.

Head Coach: Pia Sundhage

CAN: 18-Erin McLeod; 6-Sophie Schmidt (4-Clare Rustad, 46), 9-Candace Chapman, 10-Martina Franko, 11-Randee Hermus; 8-Diana Matheson, 19-Jonelle Filigno, 7-Rhian Wilkinson (5-Robin Gayle, 73); 12-Christine Sinclair, 14-Melissa Tancredi (17-Brittany Timko, 90), 15-Kara Lang (21-Jodi-Ann Robinson, 70).

Subs not used: 1-Karina LeBlanc, 2-Kristina Kiss, 13-Amy Walsh.

Head Coach: Even Pellerud

Statistical Summary:

USA / CAN

Shots: 21 / 2

Shots on Goal: 13 / 0

Saves: 0 / 6

Corner Kicks: 11 / 3

Fouls: 9 / 10

Offside: 3 / 3

Misconduct Summary:

USA – Carli Lloyd (caution) 27th minute.

Officials

Referee: Sandra Serafini (USA)

Asst. Referee: Debbie Coleman (USA)

Asst. Referee: Meredith Hacket (USA)

4th Official: Byran Roslund (USA)

Sierra Mist Woman of the Match: Natasha Kai

About what you would expect when women # 1 plays women #9 at home. Just in numbers alone the US could probably field 3 teams better than Canada just as Canada could probably put three teams on the ice better than whoever is ranked 9th in women's hockey.

I doubt we've gone half that time without a shot against them in three decades.

Australia is 12th ranked.

They scored two agsint the USA in the first game there two weeks ago, four in the second there last week.

8 shots on goal in the first, 6 in the second.

Australia is 60% the size of Canada.

quote:Originally posted by terpfan68

About what you would expect when women # 1 plays women #9 at home. Just in numbers alone the US could probably field 3 teams better than Canada just as Canada could probably put three teams on the ice better than whoever is ranked 9th in women's hockey.

I would expect them to battle and do better then they have in this show, as Vic points out the Aussies showed much better, Even has a problem you should not be losing by such a score at this level.

Remember Terp the US fired there coach and replaced him with new coach in January she is out for bear and we dont have a response.

Said it before and will say it again .... fire Pelerud now.. if we want to show well in China.

Let Bridge take over, I expect the CSA technical director to make a statment on Monday hopefully the Richard Starnes of the World will ask if he continues to support Pelerud in the face of this loss on the way to China.

No other Technical Director in the world would.

A good team normally would not fell off the wagon to the tune of 6 goals to zippo in the space of 2 weeks unless the coach is an idiot. Which in this case it has been proven on and off the field. Let Bridge try to salvage some pride.

Australia may be 60 % of our size but they are a sports crazy nation that puts government money into sport AND they have much better weather for football. One of our teachers spent a year teaching there a few years ago and they have a sports afternoon every Wednesday. As incompetent as the CSA is they are not about to fire Pelerud (without cause) three months before the team leaves for China. Could you picture the kind of applicants that would apply for a job where a coach was treated that way? I haven't checked the line-ups but did the US have many different players in the two games? Perhaps if the Olympic qualifing match was against their "B" team then the 6 - 0 result is not so surprising.

quote:

One of our teachers spent a year teaching there a few years ago and they have a sports afternoon every Wednesday.

That doesn't take money or weather, that's just pure intelligence, especially in the wake of North American diet/health problems.

quote:

I haven't checked the line-ups but did the US have many different players in the two games? Perhaps if the Olympic qualifing match was against their "B" team then the 6 - 0 result is not so surprising.

The Americans say it was McLeod in Game #1. Shots on goal back it up.

If you're more curious, the take on things South of the border is here:

'>http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=691827

I just read the active threads and discovered that in the last 48 hours Richard and CoachRich have logged in to the recent threads with 20 posts about ACL injuries and funding, but a grand total after taxes of 0 posts on the USA game threads.

When a game silences even the staunchest of supporters, that speaks volumes.

It was an embarrassing result and I am sure the players are chagrined and contrite and certainly they were tongue lashed by their coach for their lacklustre performance. But it is one game. Learn from the experience, put it behind you and move on. They have already demonstrated they can do much better. Satisfied? Most of this was so obvious but Vic had to make a federal case because CoachRich and I chose not to participate in the discussion till now. How little you must have to do to have the time and inclination to count posts by other people in order to make a fuss. What a guy you are Vic!

LOL...

One game? And the 75 minutes without a single shot on net in the game before it? And barely beating Mexico on a sweeper falling flat on her butt and gifting us a game before that? And 1-0 over 50th ranked Costa RIca? Getting sent packing in the World Cup? Getting shellshocked by Brazil 7-0? Losing to US teenagers? They haven't played well in a game that meant anything in years. Period. Full stop.

"Chose not to participate in the discussion until now"

Damn straight you did. Like I said, silence speaks volumes.

I'd count the grains of sand in the Sahara if there was good reason, so believe me spending 8 seconds calling you both out is something I won't lose a wink of sleep over.

Oh, Vic you are so funny!!! I didn't realize I was on the clock....lol

I think most here know I don't say too much in the way of negative comments about teams. Why, I believe they are athletes & I'm a supporter. I know from being an athlete at various levels in several sports that I did a better job of telling myself I could have done better job than anyone else telling me.

I prefer to be sporting just like at a games end, to shake hands & move on. Like this weekend when my women's team was scrimmaging vs cities men's team. A male player got injured, I helped him off the field to tend to him. While going through my steps, the players dad just ripped into him. I was so close to telling the parent to take a hike & to stay away from the field as it was quite clear who was trying to play the game but not actually being on the field.

Personally & many don't like this but I have trust in the WNT that they will recover, learn, move on & be better. They are world class athletes & a close knit team (family). Doesn't make sense to pick them apart as I know they do a better job then any of us can here. I respect & understand that of them.

Btw did I make the under 48 hours ;)

Richard, I would have thought you would have offered Vic some admiration that he provided some proof (researching your contribution in active threads) to back up his statement that you were being awfully silent post thrashing, I mean you do demand that from us here in order for our statements to hold any weight. I did notice the same thing, but I can't say your lack of a presence here was missed. It would, however, have said something to have the courage to show up and run your mouth in your know-it-all fashion when the man you back so strongly, again proved he couldn't coach a lick against a team that could actually play. Oh I guess I should stop before my differing opinion to yours on the status of our national program, and the man who is leading the ship's inability to guide it, is hailed as reeking of a personal vendetta. Til then, I'll take the positive out of the Canadian women getting thrashed on the field, as your name and your blindly supportive nonsense not showing up on the thread. I'll just cross my fingers that at some point we too could be so fortunate as to have a Pia Sundhage like person running our show, free of all the garbage both on and off the field that has been stifling the women's game in Canada over the last few years, and you Richard can just keep your pom poms going for Pellerud and the status quo.

I always find it interesting to hear of vendetta's, garbage both on and off the field, unhappy players & etc w/ the WNT. Maybe I'm clueless but in my short time around the team at practices, scrimmages & media events that they are a team, happy w/ their team mates & team officials. I make sure when I can, I take my youth or women players out to see the WNT train as they are professional, playing for their spots, have fun, great role models, wanting to see all females live their soccer dreams like they have & know they are playing for their country which they are very, very proud of.

quote:Originally posted by bjarne

Richard, I would have thought you would have offered Vic some admiration that he provided some proof (researching your contribution in active threads) to back up his statement that you were being awfully silent post thrashing, I mean you do demand that from us here in order for our statements to hold any weight. I did notice the same thing, but I can't say your lack of a presence here was missed. It would, however, have said something to have the courage to show up and run your mouth in your know-it-all fashion when the man you back so strongly, again proved he couldn't coach a lick against a team that could actually play. Oh I guess I should stop before my differing opinion to yours on the status of our national program, and the man who is leading the ship's inability to guide it, is hailed as reeking of a personal vendetta. Til then, I'll take the positive out of the Canadian women getting thrashed on the field, as your name and your blindly supportive nonsense not showing up on the thread. I'll just cross my fingers that at some point we too could be so fortunate as to have a Pia Sundhage like person running our show, free of all the garbage both on and off the field that has been stifling the women's game in Canada over the last few years, and you Richard can just keep your pom poms going for Pellerud and the status quo.

How much direct involvement and first hand involvement with the WNT group - players and officials - do you have or are you basing your opinions and conclusions entirely on hearsay, media hype, vitriol spewed in this forum and other third party input?

Bjarne, I support your view entirely. The inside scoop on the team

is its a mess due to the stranglehold by Pellerud. Its a pity it is not as much about talent as about who polishes him up, gets to play regardless of the results. Ian Bridge would be a big improvement, but of course he is now a 2nd assistant and has to keep his mouth shut if he knows whats good for him.

Bjarne, I support your view entirely. The inside scoop on the team

is its a mess due to the stranglehold by Pellerud. Its a pity it is not as much about talent as about who polishes him up, gets to play regardless of the results. Ian Bridge would be a big improvement, but of course he is now a 2nd assistant and has to keep his mouth shut if he knows whats good for him.

Inside scoop........... Hmmmmm, if all this was true I must be clueless & blind as it isn't the team I see & know at practices & scrimmages. I think all of you forget the players have put country first, put their lives on hold, moving the game ahead for all females & realize they get along w/ one another or their chances of success decrease. It's not some youth soccer dictatorship going on but a group of very professional players & team officials. Individuals that are truly grateful for the opportunity they have & the hard work each brings to the team. Heck, everyone slams the team officials but simply put one of their biggest jobs has been keeping the program alive by working extra hours to get money from Sports Canada, COC, Teck, Mr. Kerfoot & etc. They just don't show up to coach. Same for the players who definitely show up to win a spot on the team to play for their country. Think about it, after all this is done has anyone really made a lot of money, gain a lot of power, got a sweet job & etc. Nope it's about rep'ing your country

Rich, you do a great job of supporting and fighting for the women. Positive isn't always saying good job, it's also speaking up when something's wrong. And one thing to think about - if you really want to help the hard-working and sacrificing women and girls there have the success they deserve on the field - demand accountability everywhere, and not just with the CSA.

quote:

in blithe ignorance of the facts...

If results and statistics aren't facts, I don't know what are.

Archived