Canada-St. VAG - TICKET INFO

Ticket wicket Wednesday: Canadian supporters can buy tickets this 7 May

Canadian supporters can buy general-public tickets to the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ Qualifiers starting next Wednesday. All single-seat tickets to the 20 June Montreal match will be available through Admission starting at 9.00 ET (local time) on 7 May. Ticket prices range from $10-30.

"One of the things that can certainly help us during the qualifying process is the fan support," says coach Dale Mitchell. "I have to admit to being a little envious to what has gone on in the last year or so within Canada. (At the Toronto FC home opener), there was a sea of red in the stands cheering on the team. I can tell you as an ex-player that that would have been a great lift to the team. Our players are very excited to be playing at home in front of Canadian fans. That can be a big advantage to us."

Canada is facing St. Vincent & the Grenadines in Stage II of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ Qualifiers this June. Canada plays the first match on the road in Kingstown on Sunday 15 June before heading home to Montreal for the return leg which will be played on Friday 20 June. The home match will be played at Stade Saputo with a 19.30 kickoff.

Canada's men's national team is expecting a sea of red Canadian supporters for the 20 June match. Member soccer clubs within the Federation de soccer du Quebec can order group tickets directly from their provincial association. Local fans and out-of-town supporters can pick up tickets next week to ensure a pro-Canadian atmosphere on 20 June (tickets purchased through Admission).

Canada's potential 2010 roster is perhaps one of the strongest in recent qualifying cycles. Canada is currently ranked fourth amongst CONCACAF teams in the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Rankings. Last year, Canada reached the semi-final of the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Earlier this week, Canada announced it will be facing Brasil in an international friendly match on 31 May in Seattle, WA.

There are three or four spots available to CONCACAF teams for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa. To qualify, Canada will have to first pass through Stages II (June) and III (August to the November) in 2008. Should Canada advance, it will then take part in a six-team final round in 2009 with the top-three teams automatically winning a berth to South Africa and the fourth-place team heading to a playoff against the fifth-place team from CONMEBOL (South America).

The 20 June match at Stade Saputo is presented by BMO Financial Group.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mercredi aux guichets : les amateurs canadiens peuvent acheter leurs billets dès le 7 mai

À partir de mercredi prochain, les supporteurs de l’équipe nationale canadienne masculine senior pourront acheter leurs billets d’accès général permettant d'assister au match qualificatif pour la Coupe du Monde de la FIFA, Afrique du Sud 2010. Tous les billets individuels pour ce match, qui se disputera le 20 juin prochain à Montréal, au Québec, seront disponibles auprès d’Admission à partir de 9 heures (heure locale), le 7 mai. Le prix de vente pour les billets varie de 10 $ à 30 $

Selon l’entraîneur-chef de l’équipe nationale canadienne masculine senior, Dale Mitchell : « Le soutien des fans est un des éléments déterminants au cours de ce parcours de qualification. Je dois avouer que je suis un peu jaloux de ce qui s’est passé au cours de l’an dernier au Canada. (Au cours du premier match du FC Toronto), il y avait une mer de rouge dans les gradins, et tout le monde encourageait les joueurs. Je peux vous dire, en tant qu’ancien joueur de soccer, que ça donnerait un vrai tonus à l’équipe. Nos joueurs sont très impatients de pouvoir jouer au Canada devant nos partisans. Cela peut nous donner un grand avantage. »

Au mois de juin, le Canada affronte Saint-Vincent et les Grenadines dans le cadre de la deuxième phase des matchs qualificatifs pour la Coupe du Monde de la FIFA, Afrique du Sud 2010. Le Canada disputera le premier match de la série à l’extérieur, se rendant à Kingstown, Saint-Vincent, dimanche, le 15 juin, avant de rentrer au Canada pour disputer le match retour à Montréal. Ce match retour aura lieu vendredi, 20 juin, au Stade Saputo. Le coup d’envoi est prévu à 19 h 30 (Heure de l’Est).

L’équipe nationale canadienne masculine senior espère voir une mer de rouge à l'occasion de ce match du 20 juin. Les clubs de soccer qui sont membres de la Fédération de Soccer du Québec ont eu l’opportunité de réserver prioritairement des billets collectifs. Les partisans locaux et les supporteurs issus d’autres villes peuvent obtenir leurs billets dès la semaine prochaine afin d'assurer une ambiance chaude soutenant le Canada, le 20 juin (billets achetés au stade).

Plus tôt cette semaine, l’Association canadienne de soccer a dévoilé que l’équipe nationale canadienne masculine senior affrontera le Brésil (Brasil) dans le cadre d’un match international amical qui aura lieu le 31 mai prochain à Seattle (Washington).

L’effectif de l’équipe nationale canadienne masculine senior pour ses matchs de qualification est peut-être le plus performant de l’histoire récente du football canadien. Le Canada se trouve actuellement au quatrième rang des équipes de la CONCACAF du Classement mondial de la FIFA, parrainé par Coca-Cola. L’année dernière, le Canada a atteint les demi-finales de l’édition 2007 de la Gold Cup de la CONCACAF.

Il y a trois ou quatre billets disponibles pour les équipes de la CONCACAF pour la Coupe du Monde de la FIFA, Afrique du Sud 2010. Pour se qualifier, le Canada devra d’abord réussir ses matchs de la deuxième phase (au mois de juin) et troisième phase (entre les mois d’août et novembre). Si le Canada réussit à se qualifier, il participera ensuite, en 2009, à un tour final qui réunira six équipes. Les trois meilleures équipes seront automatiquement qualifiés pour le tournoi final en Afrique du Sud, alors que l’équipe terminant à la quatrième place devra disputer une série de matchs de barrage face à l’équipe terminant à la cinquième place de la région de la CONMEBOL (Amérique du Sud).

Le match du 20 juin au Stade Saputo sera présenté par BMO Groupe financier.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I was waiting for this to hit the airwaves, so I could post some information.

The CSA contacted me today to confirm that the Voyageurs will have their own exclusive supporter section. After discussions with Peter Montopoli over the past few weeks, the CSA stated that they were 100% behind the Voyageurs having their own supporter section for this match and the rest of the World Cup Qualifiers.

This will be the first official recognition of our group and we will be organizing with the CSA's blessings. I was told we could have as many tickets reserved as we wanted.

Since Daniel had suggested Section 114, I relayed this section to the CSA, and this is now our section. This is a block of 500 tickets. If we need more, we will have seats in Sections 115 & 116.

These tickets will be reserved for Voyageurs from May 7 -21. A special code will be provided for purchasing the tickets. The code will be sent to me over the next couple of days. I have already contacted U-Sector and the RPB's who are 100% behind the Voyageurs, and they too will be offered our exclusive seats, since they are with us 100% (as are the Southsiders and Ultras of Montreal).

Questions ?

I don't think I'll be wealthy enough to attend any Canada matches until the next qualifying cycle (though I have faint hope for an Edmonton roadie) but this is great news! I'm looking forward to seeing the screaming throng on TV.

The most important thing is that this sets a precedent. If there is no Vs section for the Mex, Hon and Jam matches, someone will have some serious 'splainin to do.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Alright, I was waiting for this to hit the airwaves, so I could post some information.

The CSA contacted me today to confirm that the Voyageurs will have their own exclusive supporter section. After discussions with Peter Montopolli over the past few weeks, the CSA stated that they were 100% behind the Voyageurs having their own supporter section for this match and the rest of the World Cup Qualifiers.

This will be the first official recognition of our group and we will be organizing with the CSA's blessings. I was told we could have as many tickets reserved as we wanted.

Since Daniel had suggested Section 114, I relayed this section to the CSA, and this is now our section. This is a block of 500 tickets. If we need more, we will have seats in Sections 115 & 116.

These tickets will be reserved for Voyageurs from May 7 -21. A special code will be provided for purchasing the tickets. The code will be sent to me over the next couple of days. I have already contacted U-Sector and the RPB's who are 100% behind the Voyageurs, and they too will be offered our exclusive seats, since they are with us 100% (as are the Southsiders and Ultras of Montreal).

Questions ?

For me this news ranks right up there with any friendly announcement or victory the team has ever had. It shows us that the CSA recognizes there are fans and this will hopefully put to rest all the problems we've had over the years with security and so forth at our home games when foreign fans get special treatment.

quote:Originally posted by Alex

For me this news ranks right up there with any friendly announcement or victory the team has ever had. It shows us that the CSA recognizes there are fans and this will hopefully put to rest all the problems we've had over the years with security and so forth at our home games when foreign fans get special treatment.

Peter Montopoli and I had a number of very frank discussions, and I can assure you the CSA is very serious about providing Canada with rock solid, home field advantage.

If the CSA could sell the Voyageurs every ticket, they would. They have no interest in providing the away fans with the politically-correct, friendly atmosphere that we have occasionally seen in the past.

Peter has backed up his words with his actions. The Voyageurs section can be as large as we want it, and we will be given preference for every World Cup Qualifying match.

The St Vincent match will be a test run for all future matches and pave the way for Canada to have a sea of rabid, red support.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Also: will there be any mention / seating plan mentioning the V section (ie "Supporters section" or something)?

The CSA wants to mention the Voyageurs in the media release, but did not release it today because all the details have yet to be worked out. We will be mentioned in the future.

I have posted an update on the U-Sector forum and the RPB forum, welcoming our brother and sisters to rally behind Canada and inviting them to share our section.

Daniel, could you do the same on the Ultras Montreal site. Preferably in English and French. We want our comrades from Quebec to be with us all the way.

I'm going to post on the Southsiders forum next......

Archived