Depor beats Barca comfortably

Jimmy

Depor played not too gracious hosts to Barca with a convincing 2-0 victory. Both gols came in the second half. The first one from a Pablo cross to Lafita, who then put it into Juan Rodriguez's path for an easy tap in. The second gol came from a Pablo Amo header off a free kick and thanks to very poor marking from Marquez. Julian played all 90 minutes and put in a very good performance. In the first half he got the ball a lot and made some good passes and as usual also stole his fair share of balls. He did very well against Yaya Toure, who has recently been one of Barca's best. His second half was a bit more defensive positionally. His calm play when in possession has been very impressive.

Depor completely dominated Barca and hit a post as well as missed an empty goal on one play. Barca am sure were just glad to get out of town as all minds must have been on old Trafford for the return leg of Champions League semi final. Depor are in with a great chance for Intertoto and if results go well, possibly even a UEFA cup spot. Am not sure on this, but their five game winning might be the longest of the season so far. Am a Barca fan, but hats off to a GREAT Depor perfomance. Now I just hope to see Jules get a gol in the last few games. Congrats to Julian and Depor.

man deguzman is seriously a wicked player...he is playing in the coolest league in the world, on a huge winning streak, and showing a level that is totally inspiring for all Canadian players...you know...what Canada needs..is a sort of soccer Don Cherry, who is on tv regularly, and is just making it known how guys like him and Friend and the others are tearing it up in Europe! TFC coverage is great and everything, but I think your average sports fan has no idea how in form a few of our guys are right now.

As an aside, does anyone think Gerba is playing at a high enough level to rate any more call ups to the national team? He was great at the Gold Cup, but I am in doubt as to this lower tier German ball he is playing.

Didn't some numbnuts writing for the Globe and Mail make some claim about Jonathan DeGuzman getting all the talent in the family back when he made his decision to whore himself out to Holland? On current form, I'd take Jules everyday of the the week and twice on Sundays (they do play most matches on Sunday night in Spain).

Archived