St-VAG tickets on sale... to clubs!

Daniel

You shouldn't have to be an official organization to get tickets in advance.

The CSA should talk to you guys to see if there's interest for a Voyageurs section at the game and arrange for you to get the number of tickets you need + space to add a few dozens up until game day.

On your end, you could be proactive and ask people to join you in your section, wear red, bring Canada flags and what not.

But sadly, we're in Canada, so everything needs to be complicated.

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

You shouldn't have to be an official organization to get tickets in advance.

The CSA should talk to you guys to see if there's interest for a Voyageurs section at the game and arrange for you to get the number of tickets you need + space to add a few dozens up until game day.

On your end, you could be proactive and ask people to join you in your section, wear red, bring Canada flags and what not.

But sadly, we're in Canada, so everything needs to be complicated.

It doesn't have to be. I mean some of our group have had communications with CSA personel on other issues. It seems like everyone on both sides(Voyageurs/CSA)want the same thing but somehow cannot find a way to make it happen. Surely we are not destined to repeat past failures.

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

It doesn't have to be. I mean some of our group have had communications with CSA personel on other issues. It seems like everyone on both sides(Voyageurs/CSA)want the same thing but somehow cannot find a way to make it happen. Surely we are not destined to repeat past failures.

Vancouver Fan you are correct,

I spoke with CSA General Secretary, Peter Montopoli today regarding the Voyageurs Cup (not much to report on that front), and I asked him what his view was on the Voyageurs having a supporters section for all of our World Cup Qualifying matches. He stated that he was "strongly in favour of this."

I believe they are trying to complete the Champions League Qualifying tournament over the next week. Once that is completed, I told him I would like to begin arrangements on having a strong Voyageurs section for all our qualifying matches. The CSA is all in favour of this. They want our team to have strong home support.

Probably best if we let the local V's coordinate the home support in each city, but let's begin to work out the details.

I look forward to plenty of positive feedback and details. Once we know what we are doing, we should coordinate with the local supporter's groups in each city, etc........

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Vancouver Fan you are correct,

I spoke with CSA General Secretary, Peter Montopoli today regarding the Voyageurs Cup (not much to report on that front), and I asked him what his view was on the Voyageurs having a supporters section for all of our World Cup Qualifying matches. He stated that he was "strongly in favour of this."

I believe they are trying to complete the Champions League Qualifying tournament over the next week. Once that is completed, I told him I would like to begin arrangements on having a strong Voyageurs section for all our qualifying matches. The CSA is all in favour of this. They want our team to have strong home support.

Probably best if we let the local V's coordinate the home support in each city, but let's begin to work out the details.

I look forward to plenty of positive feedback and details. Once we know what we are doing, we should coordinate with the local supporter's groups in each city, etc........

Well done! Keep up the good work WF. Hopefully CSA officials are serious about this and don't come up with lame excuses why it cannot be done. I agree about having local Voyageurs assist in coordinating home support.Anyone on our side taking initiative to organise something must be supported as well.

Maybe some of the TO boys can help me on this one:

TFC season-ticket holders are given first crack at WCQ tickets. With so many ticket holders, where could we possibly squeeze ? Should we augment the U-Sector and RPB's at the end who don't grab tickets ?

Help me out with this one.....

TFC season-ticket holders are given first crack at WCQ tickets. With so many ticket holders, where could we possibly squeeze ? Should we augment the U-Sector and RPB's at the end who don't grab tickets ?

Well, we've gotten nothing to indicate first crack at WCQ tickets at BMO.

If we do, I highly doubt the games would sell out. So yes, your best bet would be to get tickets with us.

For the Costa Rica game, all TFC season ticket holders were given a pre-sale, where they could buy a ticket anywhere in the stadium (not just their own seat) by using a password. To further this, Sean managed to get a special $9 ticket price for the U-Sector (of course, the dolts organizing the game only gave us this price AFTER the pre-sale).

You may want to check with the Quebec Soccer Association, whatever it is called. The CSA has in the past often left the sale of international matches to the provincial organizations. You should try to buy directly with them rather than going through Ticketmaster, if that is who they use. Trying to set an area through Ticketmaster, though it was done in Edmonton in 2004, can be dodgy.

If subscribers do indeed get the first crack, my objective will be to spread the pre-sale password to as many supporters as possible, and then hopefully we can concentrate ourselves in a south-end section, preferably in the south-east corner. When Costa Rica tickets were being pre-sold, I "accidentally" guessed the password, then spread it to as many RPBs as possible that day. There were close to 100 RPBs in section 115 alone.

Daniel/Mpenza (whatever happened to Impact Supporter ?), how would you guys like to proceed for St Vinny ?

We have historically let the hosts make the arrangements, and that seems to have worked over the years, so I will assume it is the same now.

I realize you guys are at a disadvantage, because you have viewed as many matches at Stade Saputo as the rest of us. Any thoughts.....

Called the FSQ today and they should call me back tomorrow, although I feel I'll probably be passed on to the CSA...

Section 114 (directly behind the net) will be the supporters section for Impact games. If there's a preference towards another section, let it be known.

http://impactmontreal.com/images/Tickets/StadiumFR_v2.jpg

Sections 112 and 116 have a wheelchair pit in front.

Archived