Soccer Accident at School

aussoccerfan

Thursday at lunch, I was playing intramural soccer. I was playing defence and a forward came at me with the ball. I ran to him, and when I realized that neither one of us could stop, I closed my eyes and braced for impact. All I remember is my shoulders hitting the stomach or shoulders of this kid (he was bigger and taller than me), and a second after the contact, I opened my eyes and I had the ball, and people were saying "good job" to me. I don't remember anything else although something else could've happened while my eyes were closed.

About 15-20 minutes later, as I was walking to my locker, my head and neck started to hurt, and my shoulders and neck felt kind of heavy.

About 30 minutes to 3-5 hours later, I felt a bit weak. I felt dizzy off and on, and my vision was blurry a few times. It hurt to walk at times, because my knees and legs ached in certain spots even though they took no impact. I had a headache, despite the fact that I don't think my head took any impact. My neck was hurting a lot, and people were guessing that I had either strained neck muscles or very mild whiplash. I couldn't concentrate at all and a teacher said that I "seemed a bit out of it" and that I "didn't seem to be my normal self."

All day yesterday, my neck hurt off and on, but I had headaches all day. I still have a headache right now and my neck is sore off and on.

What does this sound like to you guys?

strained neck muscles? whiplash? concussion? something else?

You might have a concussion. If you have a doctor, you might want to go see him/her.

A Boxer cannot legally fight for 30 days after being knocked out, so if it was a concussion you'll want to avoid heavy contact for a few weeks.

And for the next little while if you're running or doing anything aerobic and start to feel faint or dizzy, stop doing whatever you're doing.

Note that in addition to all the concussion like symptons you are suffering, if a persistent brown ring appears around your neck, do not worry. Do not see a doctor!!! Repeat, do not see a doctor!!!

Continue to carry on with your head up your ass.

Mister Ed, have a little respect for your fellow poster´s like me who got our Dr. Salty medical degrees out a box of Cap´n Crunch. Those of us who did are more than eminently capable and qualified to give medical advice over the web, especially in the World Soccer section to which so many of the walking wounded come to seek advice on their sad conditions. Please, a little professional respect!

Archived