TFC Fans at Montreal may 27th 2008

Trax

It seems that Saputo Stadium first home match against the Whitecaps will be a success, I just got a ticket and they only had room by the supporters stands. So already after 1 day of Match ticket sales they are at more than 10 000 tickets sold.

My question are TFC Fans going to come see the Concacaf match at Saputo on May 27th?

If so what section are they going to.

The tickets are not on sale yet but I was told they would be available in two weeks.

If we get as good of a participation as on the first day this would be a nice match.

The Impact kept up their bad habits for the opener: they have offered 2 free tickets for every "main stand" season ticket sold. So if there's 2.5k season tickets in the main stand, then that's 5k free tickets for the opener, which would have been a game that would have sold out anyways!

Awful idea from a mile away.

Toronto tickets are not yet on sale and not included in the season package deal, so don't expect a quick sellout.

I Know that the Red Patch Boys (and Likely U-Sector and North End Elite) will be organizing a trip to Montreal for the game on the 27th.

I am trying to get a couple of car loads of guys together to make the day trip for that game. I've got 4 people lined up for sure and possibly another 2 to 4 people who have put in to get the day off of work.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

I Know that the Red Patch Boys (and Likely U-Sector and North End Elite) will be organizing a trip to Montreal for the game on the 27th.

One step ahead of you... :D

I expected a small scale trip (given that the game is on a Tuesday), but interest is very high. Maybe not Columbus Trip high, but there's a lot of interest nonetheless.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

^ Rudi, have you guys already posted ticket info on the U-Sector site or are you just gathering data on how much interest there is.

No ticket info as of yet.

We've had preliminary discussions with the Impact, but nothing is finalized yet. By we, I mean the three big supporters groups.

^ I've added a ticket request on the thread you started on U-Sector.

I don't know how many people thank you guys (by you guys, I mean the various people who work to organize the away trips for the 3 main supporters groups) but let me take this opportunity to offer my thanks.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by Daniel

The Impact kept up their bad habits for the opener: they have offered 2 free tickets for every "main stand" season ticket sold. So if there's 2.5k season tickets in the main stand, then that's 5k free tickets for the opener, which would have been a game that would have sold out anyways!

Awful idea from a mile away.

Toronto tickets are not yet on sale and not included in the season package deal, so don't expect a quick sellout.

that is retarded.

I expect to go to that game from Toronto, and I have seen others coming from farther away.

wtf.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

they have offered 2 free tickets for every "main stand" season ticket sold.

Don't believe Daniel, he's lying. :)

They have offered a pair of tickets to every season ticket holder in the main stand not for every ticket sold. So if Jane Doe from Brossard bought 6 season tickets in the main stand, she gets 2 extra tickets for the opening game, not 12...

But I know, the idea still is retarded. They just made sure they'd have a full house for the opening game so it all looks really good on TV. Besides, rarity is good. If people can't make it to the opening game, they will inevitably want to buy tickets for the following game...

And now you have long-time fans and supporters scrambling to find tickets. It's always the long-time supporters who eat crap here in Montreal.

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

Don't believe Daniel, he's lying. :)

They have offered a pair of tickets to every season ticket holder in the main stand not for every ticket sold. So if Jane Doe from Brossard bought 6 season tickets in the main stand, she gets 2 extra tickets for the opening game, not 12...

But I know, the idea still is retarded. They just made sure they'd have a full house for the opening game so it all looks really good on TV. Besides, rarity is good. If people can't make it to the opening game, they will inevitably want to buy tickets for the following game...

And now you have long-time fans and supporters scrambling to find tickets. It's always the long-time supporters who eat crap here in Montreal.

I barely got tickets in 115.

I guess I'll be near Mr. Angers, if they don't allow me to travel over to 114.

Archived