New Ipswich deal for De Vos

Phil_Ipswich

The idea with sending Supple and Clarke to Falkirk was to get them match experience. Unfortunately this hasn't worked out with Falkirk's reserve keeper managing six clean sheets in 10 games and their manager being reluctant to drop him. Clarke has only made one start and scored a goal on as a sub.

Town would almost certainly recall them if they could, but because the loan is to a club in another association, they can't. I doubt the club will be sending anyone there on a similar basis again.

Most people are unconvinced by Bywater. He's made a few mistakes here and there and had a nightmare at Barnsley, after which Jim apparently told him he had to do better.

Regardless of which division we're in (and after Tuesday, I'd say that's almost certainly the Championship), I would expect us to bring in a different keeper with Supple returning and Bywater and also Colgan leaving. Another move for Richard Wright wouldn't surprise me at all.

Re Nugent and Healy, we clearly need a striker and Jim went looking for one of higher quality in targeting those two and Darren Bent. The failure to land anyone has cost us, particularly with Couñago suspended and Kuqi and Walters injured.

I doubt Jim would be interested in Nugent after he failed to bother to even tell him he didn't want to join us, but Healy being a Town player in August would come as no surprise. Jim covers international games on BBC Northern Ireland and has been gushing in his praise on innumerable occasions.

quote:Originally posted by Phil_Ipswich

Most people are unconvinced by Bywater.

Jim covers international games on BBC Northern Ireland and has been gushing in his praise on innumerable occasions.

Craig Forrest sees Bywater as his protege(sp?)and he's gushed over him a time or two in his halftime commentary over here. Maybe Craig had a hand in bringing him to Town. Haha. Hopefully not. Canadians. What a pain in the arse.

quote:Originally posted by Phil_Ipswich

The idea with sending Supple and Clarke to Falkirk was to get them match experience. Unfortunately this hasn't worked out with Falkirk's reserve keeper managing six clean sheets in 10 games and their manager being reluctant to drop him. Clarke has only made one start and scored a goal on as a sub.

Town would almost certainly recall them if they could, but because the loan is to a club in another association, they can't. I doubt the club will be sending anyone there on a similar basis again.

Most people are unconvinced by Bywater. He's made a few mistakes here and there and had a nightmare at Barnsley, after which Jim apparently told him he had to do better.

Regardless of which division we're in (and after Tuesday, I'd say that's almost certainly the Championship), I would expect us to bring in a different keeper with Supple returning and Bywater and also Colgan leaving. Another move for Richard Wright wouldn't surprise me at all.

Re Nugent and Healy, we clearly need a striker and Jim went looking for one of higher quality in targeting those two and Darren Bent. The failure to land anyone has cost us, particularly with Couñago suspended and Kuqi and Walters injured.

I doubt Jim would be interested in Nugent after he failed to bother to even tell him he didn't want to join us, but Healy being a Town player in August would come as no surprise. Jim covers international games on BBC Northern Ireland and has been gushing in his praise on innumerable occasions.

I agree, and thanks for your thoughts.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Craig Forrest sees Bywater as his protege(sp?)and he's gushed over him a time or two in his halftime commentary over here. Maybe Craig had a hand in bringing him to Town. Haha. Hopefully not. Canadians. What a pain in the arse.

It looked like another mistake he made on Sunday to let that Canary score.

Archived