Amada Guevara: we remember him

gkhs

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

4 years for a 31 year old???

as far as I know, MLS contracts can be cancelled ("waived") at any time with no compensation to the player. Doesn't do much for job security but without it, it would be too hard to stay under the salary cap (see: Babayaro at LA and Hilgenbrinck at Colorado).

You're right in terms of cap space, but i think they still get paid a percentage of the salary or something (unless it's a mutual release).

BTW, with Amado being Honduran i am actively hoping for him to fail at TFC. Canada supercedes any allegiance to TFC. This goes for Tyrone Marshall too, and any other CONCACAF player that may at some point stand in the way of Canada qualifying for the World Cup.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

BTW, with Amado being Honduran i am actively hoping for him to fail at TFC. Canada supercedes any allegiance to TFC. This goes for Tyrone Marshall too, and any other CONCACAF player that may at some point stand in the way of Canada qualifying for the World Cup.

Well Tyrone Marshall is failing so badly at TFC right now that I'm worried Simoes might notice and find some English guy who has a Jamaican great-uncle on his current nationality-discovering trip to the UK to take his place. I hope TFC stop using Marshall and that Jamaica continue to use him, it would be the best of both worlds.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

If anything, the existence of TFC is hurting Canada's chances to qualify.

Jamaica: Marshall

TnT: Samuel, Julius James

USA: Edu, Wynne

Honduras: Guevarra

But most of these players would be playing for another MLS team or a team at a comparable level if TFC weren't around. The exception is probably Marshall, who would be hard-pressed to make a USL Div. 2 side with his play thus far. Edu & Wynne are not likely to make the US national team with their current play & will be need for the Olympics.

Archived